Ling Period 8 World Lit. I 2010-11 discussion

Romeo and Juliet > Romeo and Juliet

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dori (new)

Dori | 9 comments "it is an honor that i dream not of." page 39 line 71

This kind of showes that juliet doesnt really want to be married, at least for now. she is saying it would be an honor to get married for most people, but she doesnt think the same way as that, she is basicly saying that marrige isnt for her.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia | 9 comments i agree. I think that Juliet is not completely against getting married but she does not yearn for marriage. She thinks of marriage as beautiful and an honor but she cannot see herself getting married.

message 3: by Ross O (new)

Ross O | 15 comments It's interesting that Juliet doeesn't feel she has to get married. I think it kind of makes her interesting that she doesn't want to conform to the normal expectations of others. She's different in not feeling like she has to get married. It also knid of forshadows the love with Romeo considering she doesn't exactly want to get married to Paris.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa M | 8 comments I thought it was surprising that juliet hadn't thought of getting married because most people are getting married at her age and her mom was pregnant at her age. I think this may be because her parents care a lot about her happiness and so she doesn't feel forced to think about something that she isn't interested in. I think that she will want to marry someone eventually but not now.