Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Bookmark Swap > Bookmark swap #11 - open on March 22nd!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Mar 21, 2011 10:39AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) This round our theme will be fantasy/sci-fi. Whatever you think qualifies as fantasy and/or sci-fi will work, as long as it is YA of course! Sign up here for this round.

Signups open on February 15th
Signups close on February 28th
Names will be distributed on March 1st
Ship by March 15th
Open on March 22nd

These are the rules:

1. You make or buy a bookmark themed around the fantasy/sci-fi YA book of your choice (but handmade is way cool!)
2. You are responsible for shipping your bookmark to your swap person at your own expense! Be prepared to possibly send it out of the country.
3. Have fun and be creative!!! How you represent your book on your bookmark is totally and completely up to you.
4. Open your new bookmark and take a picture to share with the group!

The goal is pretty much to just share a book you like in an unique way. Feel free to message me your address in the meantime if you're new to the swap, I will hang onto it and confirm your spot in the swap here.

Tricia
Arya
Heather
Angela
Cheryl
Cassie
Caroline
Amy
Misty
Shae
Sheri
Robyn
Gale

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments ME ME OMG ME! :D

message 3: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments I'm in! I took a break for a while but I'M BACK . . .

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) Sign me up. :)

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm in!

message 6: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Count me in!

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments *throws self into the mix*

Count me in too ^^

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Welcome back Arya and Caroline :)

message 9: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments Thank you Angela!

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments Thanks, Angela - it's good to be back! I've got a head full of ideas, and feeling the creative spark!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy Count me in. I have the perfect book in mind!

message 12: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Haven't got a clue what I'll do, but I'm in as always.
:)

message 13: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) Hi Angela,

I am new to this group but would love to take part in the bookmark swap! What a neat concept! Please let me know what you need from me and what I need to do!

~Gale

message 14: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Gale wrote: "Hi Angela,

I am new to this group but would love to take part in the bookmark swap! What a neat concept! Please let me know what you need from me and what I need to do!

~Gale"

Hi Gale, glad you're joining us! This round we're doing a themed swap, which is fantasy/sci-fi. Basically, you can choose any YA book that falls under fantasy or sci-fi and represent it on a bookmark. You can make or buy one, totally up to you.

You can message me your address when you get a chance, as I am the one who distributes names and addresses. We generally try to keep whose name we got a secret until we open and we always open them as a group. I usually just write my address and the word "bookmark" on my envelope so my buddy knows not to open it yet.

This round, I will pass out names and addresses on March 1st. You will need to mail your bookmark no later than March 15th. We will then all open our bookmark packages on March 22nd.

The most important rule here is to have fun! :)

message 15: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) Thank you, Angela! I'll send my address right away...

~Gale

message 16: by Micki (new)

Micki | 1 comments I would love to join...can I get more info? mickibgsxr750@yahoo.com

message 17: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Micki wrote: "I would love to join...can I get more info? mickibgsxr750@yahoo.com"

Hi Micki, I sent you a message through GR. :)

message 18: by Shae (new)

Shae | 57 comments I'm in!

message 19: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Sheri said she'd also like to join. Yay, we have more new blood! :)

message 20: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Still a couple of days to sign up for our fantasy/sci-fi themed bookmark swap!

message 21: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Hawk (aflyonthewall) | 54 comments Count me in!!!

message 22: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Tomorrow's the last day to sign up for round 11!

message 23: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Ok folks, the sign ups are now closed. I will pass out addresses later today.

Please be sure to ship your fantasy/sci-fi bookmark no later than March 15th. We will open them as a group on March 22nd.

message 24: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments At first, I was at a loss, but I think I know what book I'm going to do!!!
I'm going to start experimenting tonight, so if all goes well, my person could be getting theirs early (which is torturous, so I'm sorry, person, that you'll have to wait so long to open it. But this is all assuming it gets sent early, so maybe I should just shut up...)

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy LOL! I've been sketching out my bookmark BEFORE I make it, which I don't usually do. Figured maybe this would keep me from running around crazy the night before.

message 26: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Haha...you guys are great! I'm sure mine will end up last minute again. What book to do?! I meant to mark down ideas as I read and it just didn't happen this round.

message 27: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Alright, I've made a couple of experimental ones (sent 1 off to a friend), and I didn't love or hate them. I'm going to do some tweaking, but I think I may have mine done pretty soon, which is crazy early for me.

message 28: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I have an idea, and am hoping the supplies I ordered make it here in time!

message 29: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments I made the bookmark and will be shipping it soon :)

message 30: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments Hi I just wanted to let whoever my person is know that I will be out of town when I get my bookmark! I'm so sorry . . . I guess I didn't think things through. The week of the 14th is spring break and I am going to see my sister in a basketball tournament in Missouri. When I get back I will be sure to post a picture! And my bookmark should be in the mail tomorrow - hope my person likes it!! :)

message 31: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Ok, tomorrow's the day! Please ship your bookmarks no later than tomorrow.

It'd be great if you would post here when you receive yours (but don't open it until next Tuesday!)

I guess this means I better get my butt in gear tonight, huh?...

message 32: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Mine went in the mail today. Thank god I had decided to experiment with it early on, because I am having some issues with my eyes at the moment, and would not have been able to make one had I waited. (Gotta see it to make it)
Fortunately, I have 1 done that I liked from the experimental round...

message 33: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Ok everyone, please ship your bookmarks out today :)

message 34: by Cassie (new)

Cassie AngelaSunshine wrote: "Ok everyone, please ship your bookmarks out today :)"

In the mail!

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy Mine went out today BUT of course, I forgot to put a note with my name in the envelope (again). So if you get a bright orange envie in the mail, it's from me!

message 36: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Our mailman came early while I was out today! So mine will have to go out tomorrow. :(

message 37: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Has anyone already received their bookmark?

message 38: by Amy (new)

Amy Not yet.

message 39: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Hawk (aflyonthewall) | 54 comments Due to my inability to write a date down properly...mine just went out today...So SORRY!

Robyn

message 40: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments I shipped mine out already :)

message 41: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I got a package in the mail today!!! I'm so glad I get things sent to work, makes it much easier to leave it unopened when I'm not staring at it all weekend long :)

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments Hahaha, good thinking Angela!
I get so excited when I get post (well, post that isn't a bill or a bank statement...) it's all I can do not to open it!

message 43: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I got my package yesterday and I mailed mine out too:)

message 44: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Mar 21, 2011 10:39AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Who else has received theirs?

Angela
Cheryl
Arya
Tricia

message 45: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments I'm back! I got mine too! Looks like mine is from Amy - bright orange envelope! I can't wait to open it!!

message 46: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments And apparently I suffer from over-exclamationpoint-itis - sorry y'all but I', really excited! :D

message 47: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments I received mine the other day as well :)

message 48: by Amy (new)

Amy Glad that you're excited! Hopefully I will have an envelope waiting for me when I get home. Fingers crossed.

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments Mine hasn't arrived yet, fingers crossed it'll be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow!

message 50: by Amy (new)

Amy Nothing for me today. :-(

« previous 1 3