Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Harry Potter and Ginny's wedding

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mikan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Mikan That scene was included in J.K Rowling's original manuscript, it should be included in the movie. To all Harry Potter Fans(storyline) visit www.ministry_of_magic.bravejournal.com leave a message to register or sign in the guestbook.

message 2: by Grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace why didn't she add it in the book? if it was in her manuscript she should have.

message 3: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meghan if she didn't add it she had reason to and i think her books are the best thing every

message 4: by Grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace i agree but she should have i mean it was what she wanted. why didnt she add it?

message 5: by Manana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Manana kob As Harry and Ginny are look young to get marry
or maybe the producer would like to save money for this seen (^_^)

message 6: by Danielle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Danielle Briggs I think that Harry and Ginny would get married in the movie because it might be just to boring if she put it in the book. It isn't a romance novel it isn't even really about that it is about Harry's adventure to defeat voldemort so i'm glad she didn't add the wedding.

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meghan I agree with some of that Danielle. You are right. It isn't a romance novel. I also think that it would be a bit annoying to have to weddings in one book.

message 8: by Grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grace but still i think that it would have been cool.

Steve First impulse made me think that would have been a sufficient epilogue, but I liked the novel's epilogue as is because it brings us full circle to King's Cross and the journey of 1st Years to Hogwarts as Harry, Ron & Hermione (oh, and Draco) did in the first novel.

Grace i agree. i really did like the ending. and i liked how it brought us all the way around. i still would like to have known what happend to a few more of the characters though

Tiffany Ha! I laughed when I read the part about them getting married. And I was surprised when I think it said that Harmoine and Ron got married.

message 12: by Mallesh (new)

Mallesh chithanooru Hi, how wonderful book it is

Tiffany Yes. very...

Tiffany Yeah I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Ron cuz he's ugly.

Sarah instead of the epilogue as it was, i think a wedding scene would have been better. it would have settled things nicely, and we wudn't have had to bear the brunt of the insanely corny names.

love HP though!!!

message 16: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Danielle wrote: "I think that Harry and Ginny would get married in the movie because it might be just to boring if she put it in the book. It isn't a romance novel it isn't even really about that it is about Harry..."

ya ur right! i would have been a bit mad if she put the wedding in, actually. it had nothing to do w/ the storyline of the series or the book!

Tiffany YIKES...

Kaitlin I wonder if Harry and Ginny got married first or Ron and Hermione?

Natasha McNeely To be fair, I think it's better without the wedding included. I like how, at the end, we could see Harry finally having a proper family. Not just a wife, but children as well. I like knowing that things finally worked out for him and he could live in peace.

That, and I also like how it comes full circle, with his children going to Hogwarts. :)

message 20: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara I think that the wedding would have been a good short story released a year after the Deathly Hollows was. I would rather have the epilogue than the wedding, just so that we could see what Harry's family is like. I really want to see J.K. Rowling's version of the wedding, though.

Eliza Natasha wrote: "To be fair, I think it's better without the wedding included. I like how, at the end, we could see Harry finally having a proper family. Not just a wife, but children as well. I like knowing that t..."

Yes, I completely agree. It just shows that life goes on for everyone. I thought their children were adorable, especially little Albus Severus. :)The final epilogue left more to the imagination, which I thought was best. The epilogue was one of my favorite parts.

Julia I like that she didn't include it. I think it would too much to include the wedding and the kids going to Hogwarts, and the scene with the kids says more about Harry's happiness than the wedding. Including the wedding only tells us that he has a wife. Showing the scene with the kids shows that he has a wife and kids and his kids have siblings. There was at least one point in the books when I thought Harry maybe wished he had siblings.

I would like to read it though. It doesn't belong in the book, but it would still be fun to read. Maybe she'll post it on Pottermore?