Realm Role Play discussion

Roleplays > Dual world roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maralune (new)

Maralune | 1144 comments Mod
just thought i would make it.. so we can start!! :)

message 2: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Michael Dolan | 1272 comments Mod
Huzzah. Let's do this thing...

message 3: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

John sat down quietly in the corner of the bar. It was crowded with college students out on their break nights, drinking and partying. They ignored him, for the most part. He'd learned how to avoid attention. The room was dimly lit enough for him simply to fade into the shadowy corner. He put his head into his hand, closing his eyes tightly in thought. His latest chapter was crap, he knew. Too many common cliches. He'd been complimented on his writing before, but only by his friends. He hadn't had any of it published. He sighed and took another deep sip of his drink. Looking around, he got the uncanny feeling of approaching danger.

message 4: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Someone post, this thread has a lot of potential.)

message 5: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((sorry for not being on guys... I... did something stupid recently))

Devon sighed and looked at the dejected kid laying on his counter. "That bad of a day?" He asked, drying a beer glass of the soapy water it had soaked in.

message 6: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Yeah, you could say. Like ice going down my back, you know?" John shrugged. "Just trying to unwind." He shook his head. His drink hadn't gotten to him, he was still damnably sober.

message 7: by Kataury (new)

Kataury He snorted. "Yeah, I know how that feels, but hey, it could be worse," Devon added before he turned to a couple asking for drinks. (I'm too lazy to study into alcohol at the moment. Maybe later when I don't feel responsibility nagging me) He filled out their order and turned back to his downed customer. "So I take it your a student, since you have that whole academic air about you," Devon commented.

message 8: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Nah. I graduated a couple years back. I just got back from Iran. Talking through things with other vets." He sighed. "Never yet have I had a more deserved drink."

(How should we move this along?)

message 9: by Maralune (new)

((Do you want me to meet you guys in the bar or should we meet elsewhere? It may be a little unrealistic if we all just sorta run into each other at the same time. I thought perhaps they all could somehow end up together and get pulled into the other world? or stumble across an entrance?? just ideas))

message 10: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((I have no idea. I've never done a dual rp before.))

message 11: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(It's a classic cliche for a reason :D But no, I think you're right. Hmm... Should someone or something from the other world come to collect us?)

message 12: by Maralune (new)

((Sounds fine by me))

message 13: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((okay... so... who's going to pick 'em up?))

message 14: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Hmmmm.... That depends. What are our antagonists? I'm thinking something nasty like the fair folk. Any ideas?)

message 15: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (Back in the old days there were Fairy folk which included elves and leprechauns.... and such... and in this also were the AEsir... which were the elven gods... so... we can have a deep mythical side.... and have an elven god... pick all of these people to transport them to this Dual world to save it? I dunno...O.O... what do you think?)

message 16: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((I'm fine with anything. I just barely finished an extremely disappointing project... I'm kind of depressed now... D:))

message 17: by Maralune (new)

((aww.. haha i like Arianwyhn's idea but im cool with anything too))

message 18: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(The Aesir and the Vanir, perhaps? The Aesir and the giants? I don't know. Or we could each be shoulder tapped as the champion of a particular god or goddess. I think that is the most appealing to me.)

message 19: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((I like the idea of specific gods championing them... but there also needs to be a major conflict, perhaps these gods are in a war with one another? If so then the problem would be why they would be in a war with each other.))

message 20: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(What if Ragnarok is approaching, and we're to fight for the gods? That we're somehow special and they're bringing us up to fight against the nasty monster hordes.)

message 21: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Or, maybe, there's a movement to prevent the mass destruction of Ragnorok and some gods seek to use it to their advantage to overpower their fellow deities to gainthe world??))

message 22: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Hmm... I'm thinking it should be giants like Loki who are the villains to the story, if we're doing a Norse theme.)

message 23: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Agreed. Of course, Aria came up with the idea. What do you think Ari?))

message 24: by Maralune (new)

((Hmm. Im a tad confused... Can someone please explain??))

message 25: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (O.O I think this sounds fantastic..)

message 26: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Maralune wrote: "((Hmm. Im a tad confused... Can someone please explain??))"

(I think we're using the system of Norse mythology. There are the Aesir gods, who are the current leaders of the world. Then their cousins, the Vanir gods, are unfriendly but not hostile. Then there are giants and monster who seek to take control from the gods.)

message 27: by Maralune (new)

((Thank you Michael. Much more clear now. Was getting a little left behind there. Thanks a lot))

message 28: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Glad to help. How will we all meet up? Should I bring in a spirit creature, or should other human characters come in?)

message 29: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Well, we're all already in a bar. I'm thinkin' something evil comes in at some point.))

message 30: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

John looked around again. There, that uneasy feeling of creeping watchers. His hand reached back to the spot where he would have holstered his 9mm sidearm before he realized again that he was home and without it. He tapped his foot uneasily, eyes darting around the bar.

message 31: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

John twitched as the door opened. He relaxed when he saw a normal looking woman enter the room. With a shudder, he downed his drink.

message 32: by Maralune (new)

The group of dolled up girls made their way along the stretch of clubs, their short dresses clinging tightly to their bodies. Emily hung back slightly. She was feeling slightly uneasy tonight and the Alchohol in her bloodstream wasn't helping her thoughts to be any clearer. The Club had been fun for a while but soon she had watched all her friends becoming more and more intoxicated. Amy pushed her way back to stand beside Emily. She was way beyond drunk, her speech was barely understandable anymore. Even her steps were staggering and uneaven. "cumun les go the baa. I neeed a dwink."
Emily took a step away from her friend. She had no intention of drinking anything else and all she wanted to do was get home to her warm soft bed but she could hardly leave her friend stumbling along the streets at the hands of any who crossed her path. "I hardly think you need another drink." She commented following her friend into the bar. As she entered her neck began to prickle and she rubbed it in apprehension. She looked around the bar. Her friends had settled themselves into a booth and were loudly making a racket, flirting with the closest men to them. Emily frowned and went to the bar. She ignored the men that sat in front and spoke directly to the bartender. "Could i have a glass of water?" She asked placing a hand to her forhead. The pain had increased and she was starting to feel slightly sick.

message 33: by Kataury (new)

Kataury "Sorry, we don't serve water here," Devon said, but, seeing as to how the girl was depressed he pulled out a bottled water. "I'll put this one on the house for you," He slid the bottle down the counter. Just as it almost reached her, Devon heard a crash in the back. Odd... no one should have been unloading tonight, he was the only one on shift.
Feeling a suspicious and a little worried, Devon threw his rag on the table behind the counter and walked towards the door.

message 34: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (O.O I thought we weren't all going to be in the same place? Do I need to enter the bar?)

message 35: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Crap." John said, releasing some of his stress. "Everything alright back there?" It was perfectly normal, he knew. Someone had dropped something. But still, he had only felt this way a few times before, always before a combat engagement or some other danger.

message 36: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments Iris walked into the bar... her head throbbing and her mind going back to that moment... Jake her boss had pinched her on the ass for the second time this week... It had not been a surprise the first time... he was an uncouth man and she had warned him... But this time She had gotten tired of it and flattened him out on the ground. Now she was jobless... Shit!

Can things get any worse? She thought ignoring the odd people at scattered about as she walked over to sit on a stool at the far end. She needed a stiff drink... Hell she just needed ANYTHING to drink... Where was the bar tender when you needed him?

Looking over she swept her gaze across the small amount of people here. A few giggling college girls drunk off their asses... a few men... a girl... and a bartender... interesting crowd... A loud crash sounded and she jumped slightly. Her long blond hair flew about her as she shook her head. Nothing to be afraid of... just a noise that is always being made in a bar or restaurant... But still...

Goose flesh rippled over her skin and something felt odd. She looked up at the woman that spoke, her blue eyes taking in the look on her face... What was going on? Why did she have this creeping feeling in the pit of her stomach?

message 37: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Devon threw open the door, ((crap... what should he see? Should it be a monster? A black hole of some kind? A person? A... ))

message 38: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(A misty, indistinct figure? I don't know.)

John stood at the ready, breathing slowly, ready. His instincts took control again. He reached back to the three inch knife he always kept with him. With a flick of his wrist he extended the locking blade. Standing in front of the others, he realized that he must look ridiculous with his knife at the ready. Distantly he hoped that no one would call the police on him.

message 39: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Ho hum... How does one get sucked into another world...))

message 40: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(A dazed, misty transfer? Or being sucked through a black hole sort of thing? I don't know)

message 41: by Maralune (new)

Emily stood frozen. She had drank the water the moment the bartender had offered it and just the fresh water in her mouth had helped to clear her mind. "What's going on?" She asked, her voice shaking.

message 42: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Okay, well, here goes nothing.))

Devon threw open the door, glancing around the kitchen to see if he could see anyone. All was dark in the room save for a pale white glow from the corner of the counter. He involuntarily shuddered, feeling a clammy coldness wrap around him. "What the hel-" The bartender was abruptly cut off when what he thought was a small white glow stood from behind the counter. Though he couldn't see it, it had a human figure. He yelped in surprise and stumbled back outside the kitchen. But even outside it was freezing, it was almost as if the temperature just burrowed beneath the floor. Already Devon could breath and see his breath come out in a misty fog.

message 43: by Maralune (new)

Everything in the room was silent. She was sure a pin could be heard falling. It was deathly cold and she shivered, rubbing her arms. Everyone inside the bar seemed transfixed at the figure that glowed faintly in the darkness. "hello?" She asked, uncertain. This thing seemed unnatural but it didn't do anything to be rude.

message 44: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

John stood in stunned silence, not knowing what to make of the thing. His guard was near its highest, yet he couldn't bring himself to attack.

message 45: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (alright... I am going in.... don't wait up for me....x.x)

Iris felt her heart kick into over drive as she watched the white glow explode from the back of the bar. SHIT! what the hell was that? She stood from her seat and pulled her handgun fro the back of her waist band. Hell yeah she had her CHL and this was not the first time she had used her gun. She knew what to do... her father was a true Texan... he'd tought her how to use a gun long ago...

Stepping forward she felt the air thicken in the room and it felt as though static crackled all around them. A wave of cold air hit her and she lifted the nose of her gun in the air as she looked at the others. She was at the very back. Her body shook as the sight of the human like being made her wince. The light bathing them pulsed around it. She felt every single nerve ending in her body shiver with electricity...

A sudden crash threw her off guard and the room spun for a moment in her gaze. Pieces of glass and splinters of wood flew past her and she covered her head. A sound came to her... like something breathing in her ear. Dust settled around her and she turned just slightly blinking back the haze of dirt and disbelief. A bright blue light shown form the hole that was now in the wall... Inside it was a creature... thickly muscled and tall, his skin was a metallic gray, and his eyes were black as the night. She was face to face with a being of some kind. "WHAT THE F-" She shouted but was cut off by the thing's hand gripping her throat.

She dropped her gun absently and gripped the hand about her throat. The eye that looked at her were sad... and filled with hate. "You... human... will do..." She wanted to shout at him that he could take his hands off her and go screw himself, but instead she lifted both hands. Quickly she slammed one elbow into his, making his arm buckle and she gripped his wrist with her free hand and twisted her neck from his grip.

She coughed looking from one being to the other... some of the people were scrambling to get away but his eyes were on her. Her heart felt as though it sank into her stomach and she scrambled to find her gun.

message 46: by Maralune (new)

Emily cried out as shards of glass flew towards her and she ducked behind the bar. She stood to see a horrific creature holding an inocent girl by the neck. She wanted to do something but she couldn't think of any way to help her. She looked around the mostly empty pub. Most of the occupants had fled including her so called friends. There only stood a few men and the girl. The girl managed to free herself from the monster but she wasn't able to go far. Emily scanned the shelves for anything she might use as a weapon. She grabbed a beer mug and threw it with all her might straight at the creatures head. "Leaver her alone!" She cried as she released it.

message 47: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Devon whirled when he heard the cries of distress from behind him. Just as he saw one of the bar's customers being attacked he felt a sudden blare of heat. He glanced over his shoulder to see the kitchen glowing under the flames that seemed to surround the walls. "What the hell is going on?" He unhooked the fire extinguisher from the hook next to the door and worked to put out the flames. The white figure had already slipped from the room to the bar. Devon continued to spray the licking flames but they continued to grow. He began to back away from the overwhelming heat when before his very eyes the flames snaked around his arms and legs. Devon panicked and struggled to escape from the inferno but the flames worked like ropes and bound him to the flames. He screamed in terror and pain, but instead of the roar of the flames he only heard a soft cackle echo through his head.

((I guess that decides which Norse god I picked, :P maybe we should add to the profile that each character is selected by one of the Norse gods...))

message 48: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Maybe.)
John slowly advanced towards the thing holding this unknown woman, his hands held at the ready, his knife prepared to slash out. He moved out to one side, moving opposite Emily.

message 49: by Arianwyhn (new)

Arianwyhn | 165 comments (Njord
Norse (Scandinavian) God of winds, sea, fire, and wealth. His children were Freya and Freyr. In the pagan days, his name was said in court oath. Invoke for financial requests, prosperity, or those rites involving the elements air, water, or fire.)

(this is my choice... I suppose we can make them look how ever we wish...x.x... anyway. this is the one that just exploded into the bar...o.o... )

(Here is a link to a sight with a list of gods and goddesses....)

(http://jausserande.htmlplanet.com/nor...)

message 50: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Hey y'all. I'm thinking John should be chosen by either Tyr or Heimdall. Tyr suits his personality better, but Heimdall would establish some good thematic tension between himself and Devon. Any ideas?)

« previous 1