Freedom Fighters discussion

Tree house > infirmary

Comments Showing 1-50 of 373 (373 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) | 1659 comments Mod
((congrats Silverwing,you the first.))

Millturn sat Silverwing down gently. she took his shirt and top half of his clothes off and got to work. She cleaned throughly and had people work on stiching him up.

Arrowbird came in pulling the door open and closing it behind her. she stood in a corner, this had been her fault.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 1092 comments Mod
Since they didn't have medicine, Silverwing was awake. Every touch sent a new wave of pain through him and a new scream out of his mouth. Every touch made the muscles in his body contract. Every touch made him wish he was dead.

message 3: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird covered her mouth and stepped over to him. Every one backed away and were finished and filed out to wash up.

Arrowbird hd her long brown hair down and it fell over her shoulders, her brown eyes ready to spill with tears, she had no armor on, and half of her shirt was ripped off and her chest wrappings could be seen. She bit him lip and breahe din and out heavily "sorry" she whipsered

Silverwing winced. He looked up at her and forced a smile at the sight of her through his pained expression. "No, don't worry." He said, but even speaking made the pain increase. He reached up, grunting a bit, but holding in another scream as he moved her hair out of her face. He'd always liked her hair. It seemed to always be shiny, and he'd always wanted to run his hands through it and tangle his fingers in it, but he'd never been brave enough to do so. Now that he had the excuse, he wasn't going to waste it.

message 5: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird kneeled next to him and shook her head and lowered her eyes "It really is my fault, I wasn't quick enough, and then I fell, and then I hd to use my cross bow, and then you got stabbed, and oh my spirits" she looked down at her shirt and sighed.

Silverwing couldn't help himself from chuckling. "Your lack of clothes seems very fashionable." He noted. They'd been friends long enough that he hoped he wouldn't get in trouble for joking like this with her.

message 7: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

She laughed on the inside and she smiled a bit. She turned and made sure no one was looking or anyone else was around. she scooted away from him and dug through a drawer and pulled out a piece of cloth then pulled out a small bottle from a pouch on her belt. It was tiny, but was curved and had a mood on the top, she walked back over to him and held it to his lips "Drink that, and don't tell any water benders I gave it to you." she said looking over her shoulder

Silverwing did as he was told.

message 9: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

She pulled it back and put the vial back and the cloth and laid down next to him trying to cover herself.

Silverwing smiled a bit. "You feeling okay, Arrow?"

message 11: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

She covered her eyes with bare upper arm "No." she said

message 12: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrow rolled on her side and turned towards him, and let her flimsy cloth shirt rise a bit, oh her mother and friends would smack her if they saw. She frowned and covered her eyes again. "I hate paper work." she moaned

Silverwing felt the pain go away and he rolled over to face her. "I could always help you, you know. I have nothing better to do."

message 14: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Yeah, but I have to do it." she said and sat up. her shirt riding up even more. 'want to go swimming' she thought. The she came awar of the scar on her back and pulled her shirt down over it.

Silverwing saw it before she could cover it up. "What was that?" He asked, reaching under her shirt and stroking the skin of the scar. He looked at her with worry.

message 16: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird arched her back, he was still whereing his gloves.
"Uh.........." she looked over her shoulder "Fire nation."she said quietly

Silverwing clenched his other hand into a fist, but was still gently stroking her scar. "That's awful." He said.

message 18: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Yeah, it was." she whipered. "Especilly since it was supposed to be someone we trusted.' she said lowerig her head, so her hair was in her face and her little ear was sticking out a bit

message 19: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (last edited Feb 16, 2011 06:23PM) (new)

Silverwing. "Firebenders killed my family." He said solemnly. He'd never told anyone about that night. The fire was burned into his memory, the flames dancing before his eyes.

message 20: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird looked over her shoulder, her hair parted just a bit releaving one of her big brown eyes showing and looking intensely. Siilverwing was like her dad, if you didn't know him well enough, you would barely be able to understand him most of the time. "Silverwing, do you know why I chose your name/" she asked quietly

Silverwing looked at her, then slowly shook his head.

message 22: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird sighed and got up again and took up her quiver. She brought it back and sat down next to him a fidlled with a long string of leather. she unied it and un-wrapped it off her quiver. she held it up and there was something silver on the end. She put it in her brown, finger-gloved hand and showed it to him. It was a little locket with a pair of wings on the outside. Attatched to the wings was what looked like a small boy. It was actually a locket. She opened it and a strong scent of lotus wafted throught the air. She showed the inside to him, which was blank, but the scent was insanly strong.

"I never told you, but this was around your neck when we found you." she said and held it out to him. "My, so-called-first-in command she arched her back a bit and narrowed her eyes and looked to the left. "Told me to keep it from you, and give it when you were ready." she looked back at him and swallowed hard. "Long story, but it kind leeds to my shaped scar. I regret not lettingyou keep it." she held it out to him for him to take and looked away.

Silverwing looked at the locket. That smell.... it was so familiar. He smiled as memories from his siblings and himself playing in the front yard of his house. His mom making a pie and his dad helping his brother learn to shoot a bow and arrow. He took the locket and ran his thumb over the design, wishing he could feel it. She looked up at her, then hugged her. "Thank you." He said. He thought he'd lost it in the fire. Obviously the pictures had burned out or fallen out, but it still brought their memories. He put it around his neck and continued to finger it.

message 24: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Areroqwbird bit her lip "I feel insanely bad not giving it to you. She paused and crept to the window and made her own dird call, a cat-owl. She waited and a frog-sparrow answered, she looked relized then turned back to him. "Anyways, that's yours." she said sadly.

Silverwing smiled, then nodded. "Hey, Arrow, what happened to Jet?"

message 26: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird looked out the window, "He's in my room." she furrowed her brow "I'm not sure what to do with him." she said

message 27: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (last edited Feb 18, 2011 04:53PM) (new)

She looked at Silverwing out of the corner of her eye. She leaned on the window sill and hummed. It was a tune she learned from her father, it was one of the songs he'd share, her mother told her the meaning of the words and it was like one of Silverwings stabs, right in her heart. She'd done a good job of hiding her feelings, 'cause she didn't know she had them, but now her father made her relize sh had them. She expected from her mother's stories, it'd be difficult to hide now, but based on what had happened to her perants, she'd most likely make it. She hadn't relized she was singig softly out loud now:"leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile, tiny shells drifting in the foam. Little, soldier boy, come marching home, brave, soldier boy, comes marching home." she caught her self before she continued and sighed "Hate when I do that" she groaned to herself

Silverwing smiled and got up, walking to be next to her. "I thought your voice sounded beautiful." He said. "And from the bit of the song that I heard, it sounds pretty sad." He said, looking out of the window with her.

message 29: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

She breathed in and out "Thanks, and yeah. It's a sad song" she looked on and she bit her lip, keeping tears from coming

Silverwing could tell when his friends- especially Arrow, since he'd known her longest- were about to cry. She never cried in front of him, though, he just knew when she was going to. This time, he'd be there for her. He pulled her into a hug. "Arrow, please don't cry." He whispered.

message 31: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird was surprised, and she didn't struggle, other people would mosty likely be down on the floor holding a wrist, or knee or sied begging her not to hurt them further, but Silver wing was the exception. she was still, not much of a hugger, she'd learned her lesson about hugs. She did lower her head so the top of her fore head was against his "I'm alright." she whispered and smiled lightly

"No, you're not. I've known you too long, Arrow. What's wrong?" Silverwing said, still holding her. He could smell her hair- the sent of the forest. He loved how she smelled naturally pretty.

message 33: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird closed her eyes "You..." she paused and moaned "Your..just. to awsome for your own good, you know that?" she said smiling. The funny thing about Silverwing was that he smelled like either simple things all the time, or something bizzar in a good way. Like right now, he smelled like Fire lillies and, aaaaaannnd.........metal?

Silverwing chuckled. He held her at arms length, happiness dancing in his eyes. "I'm not that awesome."

message 35: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird clicked her tounge "Yeeees you aaaaaaaaaaare"

Silverwing smiled. "So what are we doing for the next few days while your parents are here?"

message 37: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"They are leaving soon" she said solomly. "They have to go stay at the fire palace for some year-long thing."

"That's why I said the next few days. They are staying for at least a few days, aren't they?"

message 39: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"No." she said looking down

Silverwing kissed her forehead. "Well, we'll always be together, and they'll come back."

message 41: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird was only slightly shocked by this kiss, he'd kissed her before, like on the cheek, or the ear, and they joked that he'd missed. She took a astep away from him. "Shall we go interigate a fire-bending maniac?"

Silverwing thought about Jet, and a bit of the pain in his chest came back. His smile faded, but he nodded.

message 43: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

"Let's go" she picked up her bow and put her armor back on and walked out

((To her tent))

((And Arrowbird's the second.))

Silverwing brought her in, laying her down on a freshly made cot. The medics went to work immediately. He just hoped that the numbing medicine was long lasting. He had more, but he didn't want to use it all if it wasn't necessary.

message 46: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

((uh huh))

Arrowbird felt more hands on her and almost jumped up and was ready to kill, but then he unexpected happened, the nubing wore off. Her eyes flew open and she tried to sit up and she struggled, "HOLY SPIRTS!" she screamed and relized there were about 20 people in the room, someone panicked

'Catch her! she's gonna pass out!" she felt extremely dizzy and her vison went black sh breathed heavily and felt blood pouring out of her wound and she black out, sounds fading

Silverwing rushed foreward, catching her before she rolled off the table and hit the floor. He put back on it and took out the vile again, putting some more of the medicine on it. He held her head up. "Stay awake, Arrow. Please..."

message 48: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

Arrowbird couldn't move, she could hear all right, but couldn't see. couldn't talk, but she could feel strong practiced hands holding her. She thought it was her dad for a moment, but then she relized these hands had severaal little scars on them. It took her a moment to register who it was when she relized Silverwing had taken his gloves off.

Silverwing continued holding her. He could see the medics working on her, but he wasn't going to leave her side until she was done healing. "Stay with me, Arrow." He whispered to her.

message 50: by Simply, The Heat of the Core! (new)

((*sigh* I'm not sure what to do next.........))

Arrow didn't dare speak, but mabey she could move.

She eventually moved her arm and hand to the back of her head and found someone else's hand there. she gripped it because it was the only thing keeping her here

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8