Ling Period 8 World Lit. I 2010-11 discussion

Romeo and Juliet > Romeo and juliet 1.1-1.3

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Schmidt | 11 comments "And too soon marred those so early made... my house and welcome , on my pleasure stay." 1.2.13-18.
This quote shows that capulet truly cares about Juliet. In this time period girls were forced to marry, but capulet wont force Juliet to marry someone she doesn't want to marry

message 2: by Sami (new)

Sami | 10 comments I agree with that this quote shows how much Capulet cares for his daughter, Juliet, but I wonder if other parents cared like this too.

message 3: by Amit.s. (new)

Amit.s. | 9 comments i agree that capulet cares a lot for juliet, and wont force her to get married if ahe doesnt want to. i wonder if juliet appriciate how considering capulet is, for not forcing her to marry with out her wanting it. Not everybody acted like this then.

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony | 9 comments I also agree that Capulet doesn't want to force Juliet to marry Paris, who she has not fell in love with or even met. Capulet does the right thing by letting Juliet decide when she is ready to get married, especially at the young age of just 13 years old.

message 5: by Talia (new)

Talia Marom | 10 comments I agree with this quote. Capulet really portrays all the care he has for his daughter when he says this. I think its great that he is not forcing her to marry someone she doesn't want to.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Blake | 10 comments I kind of agree with Talia. I think he wants to show he cares about Juliet. But also on line 1.2.14 he says, "Earth has swallowed all my hopes but she". I think he's trying to be careful with Juliet and doesn't want to go wrong with her.