Rochester and Upstate New York discussion

My novel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Mar 21, 2011 10:17AM) (new)

Sherry Gammon (sherrygammon) | 3 comments My new novel titled UNLOVABLE is set in the fictional upstate NY town of Port Fare. There are some rather nasty drug deals in the story and I didn't want Fairport to get a bad rap so I rearranged the name! It is a YA romantic thriller of high school senior Maggie Brown, and Seth Prescott, a young undercover drug agent trying to bust a drug ring at Maggie's school. When Maggie is drawn into the mix, love ensues! Seth and Maggie’s romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak and self-discovery as their world is about to change forever. It as available as an ebook at amazon.com

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiakolko) | 1 comments Mod
Thank you for posting this, Sherry. Best of luck in all your writing endeavors!

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Gammon (sherrygammon) | 3 comments Thanks. Same to you!

message 4: by D.K. (new)

D.K. LeVick (dklevick) | 2 comments Hello Fellow Upstate New York Book lovers
My name is dk Levick and I was born and raised in Western New York (Go Sabres!) and lived in Niagara Falls for over 50 years. I love the Niagara River - both upper and lower.
I've written a novel titled: "Bridges - a Tale of Niagara" which is listed with Goodreads.
It is a story of 5 young men who venture out onto the ice bridge of Niagara Falls in the winter of 1962 and their journey to get back out. Along the way there are four historical stories of the river that you will find interesting and entertaining.
Look forward to reading your selections on the Great Lakes and discussing them with you.

message 5: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Walton (zurrie) | 4 comments Sherry, that's awesome! I recently published my first book - Echo Island. Since I grew up in Syracuse, some of it takes place there but the majority takes place on the Rideau Canal in Canada - where I have spent most of my summers since birth. I am interested in reading yours! I'd live to talk about the process you went through. Who published? I am self published - and available at amazon.com.

message 6: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Walton (zurrie) | 4 comments Dk - your book sounds very interesting! I will have to check it out!

message 7: by Sherry (last edited Jun 14, 2011 07:48AM) (new)

Sherry Gammon (sherrygammon) | 3 comments E.M. wrote: "Sherry, that's awesome! I recently published my first book - Echo Island. Since I grew up in Syracuse, some of it takes place there but the majority takes place on the Rideau Canal ..."

Hey fellow NY'er! How is the book sales going? YOur book looks really good, I'm adding it to my list of To Reads! Mine is doing great since i changed the cover(200+ sales since June 1st!) What a difference a cover makes! I, too, am self-published, and since i am only charging 99 cents, I'm not making a whole lot, but hopefulness the 2 sequels will. I mostly want to get my name out there right now. Best of luck to you and I can't wait to read yours.
sherry

message 8: by E.M. (new)

E.M. Walton (zurrie) | 4 comments Sherry - thanks for shelving Echo Island! I have yours as well. Plans to read it this summer. Best of luck to you!