¡ POETRY ! discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by secondwomn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

secondwomn (dragonbird) | 10 comments part shameless self-promotion, part do-good for a pretty new, pretty cool online journal, Prick of the Spindle. fortunately for me, they picked up two of my poems for the new issue, vol. 1.2. i recommend the website and i'd love to hear back from anyone (positively or negatively) about my work. thanks!

[http://www.prickofthespindle.com/page...]

message 2: by Jamie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Jamie | 8 comments Very nice job on Contact. It was the rhythm of the piece that especially struck me. And the fresh comparison of the loved one to a poem. You smoothly carried the analogy throughout your piece without forcing the images. I especially liked 'coincidence of skin' and 'The spaces between words are the way you breathe'. I wonder if the title gives your piece justice. Contact to me connotes something brief. The poem itself describes something more prolonged. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

This online journal was new to me and quite a find. Lots of good material. I liked Jacqueline May's Simple Tips for the Beginning Cook.

message 3: by Darrell (new)

Darrell Lindsey (DarrellLindsey) | 1 comments Here are four sample poems from Edge Of The Pond, Selected Haiku and Tanka by Darrell Lindsey ( Popcorn Press, 2012). Edge Of The Pond is available on amazon.com, amazon.co.uk and from the publisher and www.popcornpress.com.

fishing late
the boat full
of one cricket

should you decide
to paint a memory of me
while dreaming,
let it be like the glimmer
on an evening lake

our blue bag
of recyclables
placed curbside—
yet you would waste years of love
without sorting through much at all

winding road at dusk
the logger slows down
for a deer

message 4: by S.R. (last edited Mar 11, 2014 01:03PM) (new)

S.R. Harris | 3 comments Lovely! Thanks for sharing these poems. I look forward to more.
Just to let you know that one of my books No Place like Skye is available now as a giveaway so if you are interested you can sign up for it. Thanks!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...