GR Writers discussion

Stories! > Memoirs/Nonfiction/Biographies

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Not many people on GR write memoirs/nonfiction/biographies so I just clumped them all together if that's ok... Will be posting my mini-memoir (I only have one so far) on here shortly.

message 2: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) awesome, great idea, you are really knowledgable on books

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Alright here we go! And now I have shared all I have to share! So far.

Anyways, this is about how it feels to be depressed - specifically, loneliness - and it's all from past/present experience. It's not that long.

message 4: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 32 comments Mod
deffo read this!! im sure of it!! (facial expression looks abit confused)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ivon wrote: "awesome, great idea, you are really knowledgable on books"

Thanks! Yeah, I read a lot. It used to be I could read up to 7 or 8 books at a time, but since I started high school I've been a bit too busy!

message 6: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) this is what i was talking about on the poetry, you can really get delved into the story and how depressing it is, all you really need to do is keep going like this and itll be fine im sure of it

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah what I'm gonna do is have a bunch of different mini-memoirs on different topics regarding depression - i.e. loneliness, despair, grief, heartbreak - because frankly not enough people understand what it's like to be depressed, and some really insensitive people make jokes about it. Which isn't cool.

message 8: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

A.S. Halsey wrote: "Yeah what I'm gonna do is have a bunch of different mini-memoirs on different topics regarding depression - i.e. loneliness, despair, grief, heartbreak - because frankly not enough people understan..."

go you!! i hate people who make jokes!! i bet they wouldnt like it if it was them!!

message 9: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) depression is alllll over me, but i try and keep happy and keep the tears back

message 10: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

oh , Ivon, i never knew!!! you know you can talk to me, coz we dnt really talk at school, but you can if you want!!

message 11: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) you said i was kind remember, and i said that people are because of something in the past, remember, and then i didnt want to talk or even think about it.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait so you guys go to the same school? In the UK? (Around this time, every single one of my friends would make a Harry Potter joke. But I am more cultured than that. ...But only slightly.)

message 13: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) yep, we go to the canterbury academy, well we are in year 11 now

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

...that's so legit. and here i am stuck in the states (ive never even been to europe even though my dad takes regular business trips there).

message 15: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) its a very rainy place, but we dont get natural disasters because the wind goes in between buildings and never comes here, we dont have any eathing plates near us so no earthquakes and tsunamis come near and so we are pretty much safe, but there is still a LOT of rain, so there are quite a few floods but they are really disasters

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

my cousins used to live in london (then moved to australia) and yeah, they told me it was so rainy. i live close to washington d.c. and it is so humid in the summer. but otherwise its not that bad, except that it takes twice as long to get everywhere as it should because of all the traffic.

message 17: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) yea, its not really a good place anymore london because of all the gangs that like to show up, and yet im planning on going too university in there someday

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i have no idea where ill go to college... so what sort of classes are you taking?

message 19: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) well, once i have finished year 11 im going into 6 form, and then hopefully going to be doing a hotel & restaurant management course in uni

message 20: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

i wa reading this and everytime i go to put somit!! someone else beats me to it!!

message 21: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) thats because we are too fast typers

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

cool! i guess im taking all basic classes, like, you know, history and science courses and whatnot. also russian and theatre, and next year ill take up computer graphics.

message 23: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) computer graphics is easy, (sorry, im just computer literate that i even know HTML code) but yea

message 24: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

im taking ict in college!!

message 25: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) im taking As level ict in six form, (I didnt have a choice -_-)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

whats ict?

message 27: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) Internet Communication and technology, just using a computer really

message 28: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

lol!! i want to be an anamator!!

message 29: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) sorry information, communication and technology

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

ohhh gotcha. yeah i hope to have some sort of career where i get to work with computers. either that or working for foreign relations, with Russian. since the US and Russia are such good friends (ha ha ha...)

message 31: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) and Tara, dont you mean animator, why didnt you tell me sooner, me and my team of friends are doing a sprite animation for youtube

message 32: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

sorry!! we never really spoke till now!! lol
why whats it about?? (intriged)

message 33: by Ivon (new)

Ivon Drew (agentid) its (intrigued)
we havnt quite started yet, mainly because shareen is still doing a background, Louisa needs to the voice recording and kieran, has done absolutely nothing, ill enter you on the facebook group to show you more im falling asleep

message 34: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , Helps ivon, because he helps me! (new)

lol!! same!! haha, can i do somit!! coz it sounds interesting!!