Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Justin Beiber: just a haircut or a singer too?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (last edited Feb 14, 2011 12:47PM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
What's the deal with this kid?
Why does Gus hate him with so much vitriol?

Edit: Does everyone call him "the Beib"?
Does anyone like him?
RA? Smetch? What do you think?

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Sally wrote: "Why does Gus hate him with so much vitriol?"

Frankly, no matter the person hated, hating them with insufficient vitriol is never acceptable.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments He does not make my type of music at all at all at all, but he is a lucky and talented-enough teen pop kid. He can sing (at least until his voice breaks), he can move about a stage in a choreographed manner (I won't really call it dancing), and he moves pre-teenage girls to tears and mania. He's one of those safe teen idols that they can love because he's small and unassuming and Christian and sings about love. He's teen-dream training wheels.

message 4: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments He is fluff-tastic.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (last edited Feb 14, 2011 04:47PM) (new)

I never said Gus's vitriol was insufficient. I find it mildly terrifying, in fact.

message 6: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Ehh, the Beib doesn't really bother me as much as some of these other record-company automatons that have been pestering the charts for the last twenty or so years. Grunge, hip hop, boy bands, Mickey Mouse Club teens gone supernova... They're all the same.

Let's face it. Their souls have all been hijacked by the power or product placement, photo ops, the long green, and the still-magic allure of finding themselves up to their necks in genitalia. World without end. Amen.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24073 comments Mod
I don't think I've heard him sing.

message 8: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments I've never listened to the Beib. My wife said his voice is not at all good.

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb He's an over-hyped, over-marketed, over-buffed piece of hairy crap with an over-inflated ego.
I can't stand him. He represents everything that's wrong with "pop" music. I wish there was an island cut off from the rest of the world, where I could send him and Lady Gaga to live out their days.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't care enough about Justin Beiber to find out what he looks like or what he sounds like. I do know my daughter isn't a fan.

message 11: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Barb wrote: "He's an over-hyped, over-marketed, over-buffed piece of hairy crap with an over-inflated ego.
I can't stand him. He represents everything that's wrong with "pop" music. I wish there was an island cut off from the rest of the world, where I could send him and Lady Gaga to live out their days."

But they might breed!

message 12: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Myles was the first in the thread to correctly spell "Bieber."

Perhaps the prize should be Bieber's latest album?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Phil wrote: "WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Myles was the first in the thread to correctly spell "Bieber"

A sad reflection on your music taste that you knew he was the first to spell it correctly.

message 14: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments Nothing to do with music. Just a history with people with names like Weinstein and Niedenfuer.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure, I believe you. :)

message 16: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I noticed the misspelling but didn't want to point it out, after doing so in the Lederhosen/Leiderhosen thread and the wiener/weiner thread.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha, I did I say I didn't care enough? I don't care enough to spell his name correctly either.

I'm at work so am unable to listen to the youtube video. Maybe tonight.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Phil wrote: "Nothing to do with music. Just a history with people with names like Weinstein and Niedenfuer."

and

Lobstergrill wrote: "I noticed the misspelling but didn't want to point it out, after doing so in the Lederhosen/Leiderhosen thread and the wiener/weiner thread."

is this some sort of German vs. Jew thing?

message 19: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I wouldn't say versus. It can either be a German thing, or a German Jewish thing.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

But still. That I can't tell the difference between German vs. German Jew is scoffable?

I have terrible spelling, and I sometimes just disregard the squiggly red lines, especially when it comes to names. I've never seen a Bei/ieber concert/show/poster/cd/album/facebook/tshirt/page.

message 21: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Sally wrote: "But still. That I can't tell the difference between German vs. German Jew is scoffable?
"

Who said this was scoffable?

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

Phil wrote: "WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Myles was the first in the thread to correctly spell "Bieber."

Perhaps the prize should be Bieber's latest album?"

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.