Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What We're Reading > 2/14/11 Valentine's Week Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annika (new)

Annika What are you reading on this Valentine's Day? Is it a love story of any kind?:)

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments No love story this week, although I finished The History of Love over the weekend. This week I'm reading Still Alice & loving it so far.

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby I just started Russian Winter, and so far so good.

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise Finished Rescue, it was just so-so. Now I'm reading The Lotus Eaters. It's kind of harrowing so far, I'm hoping it gets a little more upbeat. Very good, though.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I am finishing up "Good to a Fault," which includes a love story. It is an interesting book.

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I've started Julia's Chocolates and The Midwife's Tale, but nothing is sticking. I just got Buttercream Bump Off in the mail. It's a cozy mystery and I think that's what I need right now. I'll post my progress later today :)

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 55 comments Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption as my non-fiction. Just about finished with The Closers as my fiction selection.

message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) I just started Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard which so far is a deliciously, yummy book with a helping of Parisian romance, so perfect for Valentine's Day!

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I just finished The Lotus Eaters, and thought it was just ok. Not great. I started Bird Clud by Annie Proulox today. It's interesting!

message 10: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Just finished Liars and Saints and liked it very much.

Picked up I Never Promised You a Rose Garden found in my daughters room and very interested.

On lighter side I'm alternating with The Granny.

Still listening to The Neon Rain.

message 11: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments I finished A Discovery of Witches and loved it. I'm excited that it is just first in an upcoming trilogy! I'm going to start The Red Garden tonight!

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz I just finished "The Help" Monday night. Since then I've read "Paper, Scissors, Death" first in a scrapbooking cozy series by Joanna Campbell Slan. Right now I'm reading "The Grim Reaper's Dance" by Clemens - the second in a series.