Amazon Kindle discussion

Social Networks

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (new)

Rick (tallybucsfan) | 21 comments The Kindle has a Social Networks feature that - so far -only includes Twitter or Facebook. I would love to see an integration with Goodreads. Now THAT is something I would use.

Anyone else?

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments Wouldn't that be great if it integrated with Goodreads? I don't do Twitter, and I never share my books on Facebook.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (clanmoran) | 77 comments Rick--I guess I am totally ignorant, but what do you mean the Kindle has a Feature?? Is it only for the K3, another thing to learn today I guess!!??!!!

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick (tallybucsfan) | 21 comments I have the K3 and, yes, I am able to connect it with Twitter or Facebook. I have not done so, so I can not address how it works. But, as I finished a book this week-end it gave me the option to rate it and share it with my friends on Facebook or Twitter.

To be honest, my Facebook friends would not be so interested in this - but I may try it to report back here.

Having said that, however, that is the whole point of this website. People ARE interested in what others are reading. If I could update my Goodreads account straight from my Kindle, I wouldn't have to do double-duty.

I'll let you know on the Facebook connection - when I do it!

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Cotterill (rachelcotterill) Rick wrote: "The Kindle has a Social Networks feature that - so far -only includes Twitter or Facebook. I would love to see an integration with Goodreads. Now THAT is something I would use.

Anyone else?"

Seconded - that would save me a lot of time! :)

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissamk) Hi, I'm new here :).

There is a way to share your Kindle highlights on Goodreads, although I haven't tried it yet: look under My Account, under the 'apps' tab, there is a 'Configure your e-reader' box...

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey i always update my Goodreads from my kindle when i've finished a book.. and it goes to Facebook & Twitter too as i ticked the magic box to do so..

message 8: by Betsy (new)

Betsy I can't figure out how to make this feature work. I can find the setting in Goodreads, but my K1 doesn't seem to be able to share highlights or comments. Does anyone know if it's supposed to work for the early kindles?