Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Thank YOU

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Happy Anniversary.

It has been three years and I can barely believe it. I wish I could thank each one of you personally for the last year and someday I hope we are all able to get together for a big book discussion and petit fours.
This was a crazy last year for me. My pregnancy knocked me off my socks way more than I anticipated. Changes in my families lives and adjusting to all things great and small took me away from my books way more than I'd like this last year. Often times I worried that COL wasn't getting the attention that it deserved but whenever I checked in threads and discussions were flowing beautifully. I feel like each of you have taken a sort of ownership of the group. I never wanted this to be MY group. I wanted it to be a great place for women to come together with a common love of books and discussions. I see that everyday I check in (multiple times during the day usually). It isn't MY group it's OUR group and I am so happy to share it with you.
Thanks for making this a great year, for the thoughtful wishes, for checking in on me with GR messages, for keeping discussions interesting, for nominating and sharing great books, for growing my TBR list, for making me laugh,for welcoming new members, for being generous with our giveback programs, for everything.
Thank you so much. I cant wait to see where we go and what we read in the year to come.
Tera

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli You are amazing Tera!! Your thought and planning that goes into everything you do in this group is remarkable and shows just how dedicated and how creative you are in life. I really appreciate you and I'm happy to call you a friend.....

Lots of love to you!

message 3: by Meg (new)

Meg Clayton (megwaiteclayton) | 129 comments What Holly said, Tera. You do such lovely things with this group.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments You are an inspiration to us all. Your enthusiasm and energy is what spurs us all on. I wish I were your neighbor and knew you in person!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) So much love & respect to you Tera and appreciation for all you do for us and with us! You are an incredible woman my friend!

message 6: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments Chicks On Lit is one of the best things that has happened to me in years. Thanks, Tera!

message 7: by Nancy (last edited Feb 15, 2011 02:44PM) (new)

Nancy | 1274 comments Tera, the group wouldn't run itself so beautifully if it wasn't well organized and well moderated - with clear cut, well thought out guidelines that are put forth with love, respect, intelligence, creativity and good humor. We wouldn't be at this point without everything you've done. Many many of us have found a home in other lovely, articulate friends and lots of literary inspiration and encouragment. Thanks thanks and thanks.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1311 comments WOW Nancy, very well said!
Waiter, bring us another round :)

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 1274 comments I'm for that too!