Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Winner Winner Winner

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
I am using random.org and with 22 thread responses currently I am going 2-22 (you may sign up through the day if you haven't already - check "Entry" thread for details)

The books given away will be in the order listed in the giveaway thread, which was the order that authors responded to me.

message 2: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
I want to add one thing;
The authors/editors who donated books to us didn't have to. I contacted a lot of authors and the list we have are the ones who graciously and generously offered to participate. Please please please add the book you win to your TBR list if you haven't read it already. Review the book when you finish it or if you haven't already. Each of these people are available to be contacted via goodreads. I think it would go a long way to send a personal thank you to them if you win a book and even if you don't but the book was one of your favorites that we did read or one you were hoping to read it would be lovely to say "thank you" to them. Thank-you goes a long way and I would like to think that CoL fosters good relationships with authors. So, please strongly consider a note of thanks on behalf of yourself or COL to the author you might win from or a favorite author that participated.

Thanks so much,
Tera

message 3: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Our first book was donated by Andrew Davidson The Gargoyle. Mr. Davidson was so quick to respond and anticipating that he might be busy quickly sent the book to me himself so that the winning chick would get it. If you haven't read this book it is one of my all time favorites and there is a great discussion here that he participated in with this book.

The Winner is # 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look on the entry thread if your message # is 21 please contact me via goodreads with your name and address to send the book to.

Congrats # 21 our first winner. Look for more random drawings through the day.

message 4: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
#2 WINNER WINNER Saving Ceecee Honeycutt
Another book I really enjoyed.

Don't forget you have 48 hours to contact me with your name and information.

Congrats

message 5: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
#4 is our next winner of The School of Essential Ingredients this book made my mouth water.

If your message in the entry thread says 'message 4' by your name then you are the winner.

Please send me your contact information withing 48hours

Thanks and congrats,
Tera

message 6: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
WINNER #9 you've just won the next book Lily of the Nile I am excited to hear what you have to say about this. It looks like a great book and one of my favorite topics. Contact me with your name and information so I can pass it off to Stephanie Dray the author.

48 hours

thanks and congrats,
Tera

message 7: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments Yay! I'm so surprised. I won! Thank you so much Tera for setting all of this up. I've already sent you a private message with my address.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 82 comments Yes, thank you Tera! It was such a thrill! You chicks have made this the best Valentine's day EVER!

message 9: by Holli (new)

Holli How exciting!!! I'm thrilled to have won.... thank you Tera and I'll thank the author too... this is awesome!!

message 10: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
I'm going to do two drawings right now because, well because I can :)

#15 wins Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet ( I loved this book too!)

and #24 wins The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Which I haven't read yet but my mother can't stop recommending

48 hours name which book you won and your contact info.

Thanks and congrats,

Tera

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri | 95 comments Yippie!!! I'm #15..whooohooo! I'm dying to read that book, its on my TBR list. I can't wait to get it. Thanks Tera! And thanks to all the wonderful authors who have made this possible!

message 12: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Is anyone else having a problem with the site tonight but me? I wonder if the chicks are overloadin g the site ;)

The next winner is someone I'm so jealous of. Our own Meg Clayton has offered an advanced copy of her bookThe Four Ms. Bradwells: A Novel which is scheduled for release in March. I cant wait to get my hands on that one.

the winner is ....

contact me with your name, which book you won and your contact information and I will pass it along.

Thanks to Meg and congrats to # 20
Tera

message 13: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Ugh it seems I have to try 3 times before my messages will post. Sorry everyone I'm not trying to take this long.

Our next book was a surprise to me. Elizabeth(alaska) sent it to me along with her bookmarks and it was a great surprise as I didn't even know it was something she was a part of. The book up for giveaway now is What ... no landing field?: Adventures of an Alaskan seaplane pilot and the winner is ... #11!

Congrats #11 and thanks to Elizabeth(alaska)

48hours to send me your name and contact information along with the book you won.

Tera

message 14: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Last book of the night is up. The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew--Three Women Search for Understanding I think this book looks so interesting, what a great discussion this would make.
The winner of this book is ...
# 8

Congrats #8 and thanks to Priscilla Warner for sharing this book with us.

#8 please contact me within 48hours with name, book you won and where to send it.

message 15: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
I am #8, but I already own a copy of Pricilla's wonderful book The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew--Three Women Search for Understanding so please pass on this copy to another wonderful Chick. :o)

message 16: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Dang it, I'm sorry I wish I had another book and I'd just swap it around but that is my last book of the night. Had I known you were #8 I would have guessed that you already owned it, it sounds like one you'd have on your list.

Again, I'm sorry I wish I had another book. If none of the other winners contact me within 48 hours your name will go to the top of that list for unclaimed books.

Thanks for letting me know.

So that means new number for this book.

The number is ...

Congrats #25

48hrs Please contact me with your name, the book you won, and address for sending.

Thanks,
Tera

message 17: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Yay! I won something! Thanks Tera! Thanks Elizabeth!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I was having a problem with the site too Tera :-)

Congrats to all of the Chicks who won books!

message 19: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Are all the books claimed? I am so confused. Are the books that are listed here the sum total?

message 20: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
All the books have been claimed now but one. I am giving them another 24hrs to contact me before I move on. That book would go to Sheila because she passed on the book she won because she already has it. If Sheila has this book too then I'll redraw again tomorrow night.

We had nine books in all and the authors have all been so kind and quick with responses. Winners, keep in mind that they are busy but as quick as they've all gotten back to me I would imagine within a couple of weeks you can start looking in your mailbox.

Viola and Jennifer, I have your books myself and will mail them out this week.

Thanks,
Tera

message 21: by Sharon A. (new)

Sharon A. (sharona826) | 172 comments Thanks so much, Tera! I think I'm your last winner, and I'll send you a PM with my info (as soon as I figure out how!)

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie (julmille) | 391 comments Good job Tera! Great idea! Wish I would have been paying better attention to get in on this...maybe next time!