Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Picking Monthly Books! > March winner!

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments I'm reading it now and saving up a whole batch of comments for Mrs. Stephan... she'll know what I mean. ;)

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Hi Trish!
I plan on being here! Thanks to everyone who voted for my book ~ I appreciate the support.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 74 comments I am almost done with it and will most certainly take part. Thank you!

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieinoh) | 28 comments I am a newbie to this group, but avid reader. Where would be the best place to buy a copy of the book? I am definately in on this one!
Melanie

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieinoh) | 28 comments I am one of those old fashioned book worms that need a real book to hold on to :) Will see what I can find, thanks!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Good morning, everyone! I'm so excited to be nominated for the March read that I want to hold a giveaway to anyone that doesn't have the book and wants to join us for the discussion.

Here's what I'm thinking ~

Leave a comment here for a chance to win either a paperback copy of my book, or a $10 Kindle gift card through Amazon.com ~ winner's choice!

Second place winner (if there are enough that enter) will have to take what's left!

Two prizes, two winners ~ So, get commenting ~ I'm ready to have a giveaway!

*Ends February 18th*

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieinoh) | 28 comments I am in for a chance to win!! Melanie

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Woo hoo Melanie! Looks like you're the winner so far! (wink!)

message 9: by Toni (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 55 comments I have a copy of this book but would love to have a second one to give away as a gift. No, Amanda, I refuse to give away my personal copy! After all, it is signed by the author.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments LOL Toni! Then, I will enter your name into the drawing! Woop woop! We've got two....only a hundred more to go *sigh* ;)

message 11: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi Congrats Amanda. TD alerted me to you having won. Congrats again.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Nike wrote: "Congrats Amanda. TD alerted me to you having won. Congrats again."

Aw, thanks Nike ~ you're so sweet! I tell you, we're going to have to do something about Sir B! ;) *think horns, here*

message 13: by Teric (last edited Feb 16, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments Amanda wrote: "I tell you, we're going to have to do something about Sir B! ;) *think horns, here*"

Easy, there, sister... you mess with the bull- YOU will get the horns! J/K

I am currently on chapter six of The Price of Trust and am enjoying the read!

<><+><>

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Teric, I think there's something wrong with my computer. When you comment, sometimes it just comes up looking like this:

blah blah blah blah blah ;) JK!

message 15: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments Amanda wrote: "Teric, I think there's something wrong with my computer. When you comment, sometimes it just comes up looking like this:

blah blah blah blah blah ;) JK!"

There's nothing wrong with your computer, Amanda; that "blah, blah, blah" is just your trap flappin' ninety - to - nothin' like it always does... you might wanna get THAT checked out... I think it has a short circuit! :)

(BTW, for our friends not in the know, Amanda and I have somehow developed a friendly rivalry... We pick on each other: she picks on me, and I pick up what's left of me off the ground!)

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments ROTFLOL! 'trap-flappin' indeed!

And! For our friends not in the know, I'm a sweet, shy person that rarely picks on anyone. *cough cough* (<---just ask Nike)

Yes, Mr. Darken is an excellent person who is always making me laugh. A lot. And vice versa...

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneymel) | 15 comments I would really like to be entered in this drawing for the book. I am a new reader, inspired by my close friend, and have recently discovered that I love Christian romances and mysteries and a whole lot more! I have read 27 books since January, I just can't seem to get enough!! I would love to read this book, it sounds very good!!! :-) kcmelone@yahoo.com

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary (mlasse) | 3 comments Ooh! Enter me in the drawing! The Price of Trust sounds great!

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2011 09:22PM) (new)

Please enter me in the drawing for the Price of Trust :D

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Woo hoo! Thank you Courtney, Mary, & Lauren ~ your names are in the drawing! Thanks for the comments :)

message 21: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi I noticed Amanda usually wins each round. I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

Nah, not really. :)

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Nike wrote: "I noticed Amanda usually wins each round. I'm beginning to feel sorry for you.

Nah, not really. :)"

I never win! TD is just a gentleman and lets me...hee hee! Isn't that so nice?

message 23: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi TD is a gentleman, that's for sure.

We need to bottle him and send him out to the younger generation...to a few oldies too.

:)

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments All right, we have a couple of winners to announce....

Thanks to Random.org (love that thing) *Melanie* was the first winner, and *Courtney*, you were the second! I've sent a message to both ~:) as well as a friend request.

Thank you to all for your comments ~ they truly are appreciated!

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneymel) | 15 comments Woo-hoo!! Great, thank you! Can't wait to read it! :-)

message 26: by Toni (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 55 comments Congrats, Melanie and Courtney!

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melanieinoh) | 28 comments Thanks so much Amanda, very excited to read this book and have some discussion!

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments No, thank you to ALL who dropped by and left a comment! Such an encouragement already :)
I hope y'all have a fantastic weekend!

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneymel) | 15 comments I started the book last night and finished it this morning! Can't wait for discussions, it was a great book.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Courtney wrote: "I started the book last night and finished it this morning! Can't wait for discussions, it was a great book."

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for reading it :)

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneymel) | 15 comments I got sucked in pretty quick! ha ha! It's pretty bad when you're reading and your husband is talking to you and you're not hearing a word he is saying and then he says "Hey" and I about jumped out of my skin. It was a really intense part and I had to find out what was going to happen! ha ha

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw I was a couple of days too late for the random contest, but congrats to the two who won.

Will try and read any sort of sample I can, but other than that I don't have the money to buy an ebook or regular book that expensive. =(

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Is everyone ready to have a book discussion?! Great! Because I am too! Hope to see y'all tomorrow, bright and early :)

message 34: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments Looking forward to it, Amanda... AFTER my coffee! :p

message 35: by Toni (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 55 comments Amanda wrote: "Is everyone ready to have a book discussion?! Great! Because I am too! Hope to see y'all tomorrow, bright and early :)"

I won't be here bright and early due to my interview but I will be keeping an eye on this group! :)

message 36: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 74 comments Early? Really? Early to me is like 10am. Seriously though! I'll be here...just not going to guarantee the time!

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Toni wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Is everyone ready to have a book discussion?! Great! Because I am too! Hope to see y'all tomorrow, bright and early :)"

I won't be here bright and early due to my interview but I wi..."

I'm praying for your interview tomorrow, Toni! God Bless and I'll be thinking of you all day!

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Darlene wrote: "Early? Really? Early to me is like 10am. Seriously though! I'll be here...just not going to guarantee the time!"

Aw, that's all right, Darlene! I'll be thankful for any time you can make it! See you tomorrow...

message 39: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments Amanda wrote: "Is everyone ready to have a book discussion?! Great! Because I am too! Hope to see y'all tomorrow, bright and early :)"

Alright, so here I am with a bag of water and a glass of chips... It's bright and early, Amanda... 12:03 a.m. to be exact. And where are you? Hellooo, hostess with the mostess... I'm ready to discuss The Price of Trust!

<><+><>

message 40: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments YAAWWWN... still waiting. 05:19 hours.

(*looks for his cereal bowl and the mainline for his coffee intake)

(For those who may not know, Amanda and I have an ongoing, friendly rivalry. All is meant in good humor. Don't let the cherub face on her book cover fool you.)

Alright, Amanda,

You said bright and early. So, being as that I'm the only happy camper around at the present, I might as well kick off the first question:

I've read in an interview where you stated you had initially written The Price of Trust for your daughter. Can you give us a little background or insight into that? What made you decide to turn a personal story into a public one?

Thanks, friend, and blessings!

message 41: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Teric wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Is everyone ready to have a book discussion?! Great! Because I am too! Hope to see y'all tomorrow, bright and early :)"

Alright, so here I am with a bag of water and a glass of chip..."

Sir Teric, I believe you must be tired. Bag of water? Glass of chips? Isn't it usually the other way around? ;)

message 42: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments "Sir Teric, I believe you must be tired. Bag of water? Glass of chips? Isn't it usually the other way around? ;)"

Not in my world it's not.

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Stephan (amandastephan) | 140 comments Hiya bud ~ we're going to start the official discussion over on this Thread ~
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...