Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Who is your Favorite Couple?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

OpenBookSociety.com  (openbooksociety) | 10 comments In honor of Valentine's Day tell us who your favorite couple?

message 2: by Keri (last edited Feb 14, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

Keri | 182 comments I would say love to say Adam Black and Gabrielle O'Callaghan from The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning by Karen Marie Moning since Adam's my MOST FAVORITE male character, but I think Adam would be better off w/me than Gabby. ;p
So, I'm going to have to say I love Bo Novikov and Blayne Thorpe from the book Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston by Shelly Laurenston

message 3: by Kyami (new)

Kyami (kyamis) Keri wrote: "I would say love to say Adam Black and Gabrielle O'Callaghan from The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning by Karen Marie Moning since Adam's my MOST FAVORITE male character, but I..."

I must say my favorite couple is definitely beast behaving badly. I've re-read that book at least 6 times and it still hasn't gotten old.

message 4: by K (new)

K | 4 comments Raphael & Elena from the Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh!

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) My favorite couple is definitely Wanda & Ian from The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
But I also like a lot of other couples but since The Host is my favorite book ever, I pick them ^^

message 6: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Kyami wrote: "I must say my favorite couple is definitely beast behaving badly. I've re-read that book at least 6 times and it still hasn't gotten old.
"

Lol, me too! Although I can say that about ALL her book, they're all have such great humor in them. I just love her, she's such a great author!

message 7: by Kyami (new)

Kyami (kyamis) Keri wrote: "Kyami wrote: "I must say my favorite couple is definitely beast behaving badly. I've re-read that book at least 6 times and it still hasn't gotten old.
"

Lol, me too! Although I can say that abou..."

It's a shame really, I was soo excited after I read that book but was sorely disappointed with the others. I think I love it because the main character reminds me of myself. There aren't many strong female characters that are as kooky as me!

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 9 comments Ohhh I hope you are right Jenna. I stopped reading Sookie when she left Bill. I am now catching up. I just think she was wrong to leave him Who cares what intially brought them to gether. Its what they felt when they were together

message 9: by Vic (last edited Mar 09, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 14 comments I can't just pick one! There are others I love but if forced to pick just one or two... I think I'd have to go for these 2.

Jamie/Claire from Outlander
Eve/Roarke from Naked in Death (In Death Series)

message 10: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 7 comments Vic wrote: "I can't just pick one! There are others I love but if forced to pick just one or two... I think I'd have to go for these 2.

Eve/Roarke from [book:Naked in..."

I'm crazed for these couples too. I have fallen in love with many hero and heroines, but when it's couples, these two are hard to beat due to their equality in strength, characterization, compassion, etc.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki | 18 comments I absolutely love the relationship between Curran and Kate Daniels. I love the banter and interplay.

I have to give a vote to Jamie and Claire as well. Amazing historical fiction

message 12: by Keri (last edited Mar 11, 2011 11:58PM) (new)

Keri | 182 comments Crazy4more wrote: "Vic wrote: "I can't just pick one! There are others I love but if forced to pick just one or two... I think I'd have to go for these 2.

Eve/Roarke from..."

OMG! I completely forgot about Jamie & Claire!!! Okay, I'm changing my vote to Jamie and Claire now. I think all women dream of finding a man to love them like Jamie loves Claire, not to mention a marriage as strong and passionate (and tested by time too!) as theirs! Lol, I know I do!

message 13: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Sara wrote: "My favourite couple has got to be a tie between Elena and Clay in the otherworld series of books and Adam and Mercy in the Mercy Thompson series."

I love the werewolf pack in the Otherword series too. They're my fav group of characters to read about in that series. Am hoping there'll be a book on Jeremy now that he's an adult and it'll explain the runes on his (if I remember right) baby blanket which is the same design his GF (the redhead that talks to the dead...can't remember her name) had tatooed on (I think) ankle. His dad was a real SOB for beating his mom to death like that. Thank God Jeremy's grandfather got there in time to save him!

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 9 comments In a way the whole pack relaionship is my favorite "couple".

message 15: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Renee wrote: "In a way the whole pack relaionship is my favorite "couple"."

Lol, me too! For that series at least ;) As far as humans who aren't magical or shifters, Jamie & Claire are it for me. ;)

message 16: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 147 comments I love Loch and Gwen from The Mane Squeeze.

message 17: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 158 comments My favourite couple in PNR is Lily and Rule from Eileen Wilks World of the Lupi series. I also like many of the couples in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter. In non-fantasy i really like Eve and Roarke from In Death.

I do find it a bit dissapointing that most of the men in PNR are alpha males. I don't really see the appeal. Maybe i have trouble suspending disbelieve, as in my experience alpha males tend to be jerks.

message 18: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (xfirefeyx) | 11 comments Keri wrote: "I would say love to say Adam Black and Gabrielle O'Callaghan from The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning by Karen Marie Moning since Adam's my MOST FAVORITE male character, but I..."

I LOVE Blayne and Bo!! They complement each other so well. Now you've got me excited to read Adam and Gabrielle. I just started the series, so I didn't even know he was getting coupled up :)

message 19: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Stefanie wrote: "I LOVE Blayne and Bo!! They complement each other so well. Now you've got me excited to read Adam and Gabrielle. I just started the series, so I didn't even know he was getting coupled up :)"

Oh no! lol, I'm soooo sorry. I wasn't thinking when I posted that about those who've not read it yet! :o :{ You're going to love The Immortal Highlander though. OMG, he's so freakin fine! :) It was my most fav book of the series. Lol, can you tell I have an Adam Black obsession? ;p

message 20: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (xfirefeyx) | 11 comments Keri wrote: "Stefanie wrote: "I LOVE Blayne and Bo!! They complement each other so well. Now you've got me excited to read Adam and Gabrielle. I just started the series, so I didn't even know he was getting cou..."

Hahaha it's okay! I accidentally read the fourth and fifth book first and then got the series so now I just finished the first one and am starting the second one. So I'm gonna read it all in order. I love them!! Hahaha, I'm interested to read more about Adam, cause I only saw him be a complete brat in the first book

message 21: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Stefanie wrote: "Hahaha it's okay! I accidentally read the fourth and fifth book first and then got the series so now I just finished the first one and am starting the second one. So I'm gonna read it all in order. I love them!! Hahaha, I'm interested to read more about Adam, cause I only saw him be a complete brat in the first book"

I initially felt that way about Adam too, but the farther you get in the books the more you begin to love him...then by the end become obsessed w/him...at least I did. lol ;p

message 22: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (xfirefeyx) | 11 comments Keri wrote: "Stefanie wrote: "Hahaha it's okay! I accidentally read the fourth and fifth book first and then got the series so now I just finished the first one and am starting the second one. So I'm gonna read..."

OoO I'm excited now. Thanks!

message 23: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments Eve and Roarke
Kate and Curran
Jamie and Clare
Cat and Bones

message 24: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 9 comments Jamie and Claire for me. It's kinda scary how obsessed I am with these two.

message 25: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Fawn wrote: "Jamie and Claire for me. It's kinda scary how obsessed I am with these two."

Lol, aren't we all? I don't think there is a woman on this planet who could resist Jamie, I know I couldn't! ;)

message 26: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 9 comments lol Keri, Don't tell Claire that!
Actually what I love about them is they are not a wham, bam thank you Mam/Sir and live happily ever after. They are a loveing couple that have problems a long the way, but their love last through all obstacles. Literally through all time. Sigh I just love that!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer My favorite couple are Cat and Bones. Though I will also say Raphael and Elena(Guild Hunter), Cadeon and Holly (IAD), Jackie and Zane(Succubus Diaries) and Julian and Lauren from Felicity Heaton's Love Immortal. :) So many to choose from how can we just pick one. But yeah all time fave is definitely Cat and Bones.

message 28: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Fawn wrote: "lol Keri, Don't tell Claire that!
Actually what I love about them is they are not a wham, bam thank you Mam/Sir and live happily ever after. They are a loveing couple that have problems a long the..."

Me too, for me, what really reeled me in and made me fall in love with the series was the love b/t Claire and Jaime, it surpassed the test of time and (as you've already said) all obstacles. What an incredibly beautiful and awesome relationship and marriage! Makes me sigh too! ;)

message 29: by Lindsay (last edited Mar 25, 2011 07:57AM) (new)

Lindsay (lag28wa) Outlander is on my to-read list. Is it going to make us married folk have disdain for our husbands? Muttering "damn you, why aren't you more like Jamie?" lol.

So far, my favorites are

Acheron and Tory (Dark-Hunter)
Wrath and Beth (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

message 30: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Mac & Barrons (Fever)
Claire & Jamie (Outlander)
Cat & Bones (Night Huntress)
Mercy & Adam (Mercy Thompson)

message 31: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 9 comments Keri wrote: "Fawn wrote: "lol Keri, Don't tell Claire that!
Actually what I love about them is they are not a wham, bam thank you Mam/Sir and live happily ever after. They are a loveing couple that have problem..."

Keri, That is exactly what I meant. It probably shows my age when the relationship is more important to me the the sex! Not that I don't like the sex. It wouldn't do to have Jamie without the sex scenes! I'm just saying.....lol I better shut up. Lets just say I like Jamie and Claire just fine. : )

message 32: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 9 comments Lindsay wrote: "Outlander is on my to-read list. Is it going to make us married folk have disdain for our husbands? Muttering "damn you, why aren't you more like Jamie?" lol.

So far, my favorites are

Acheron an..."

LOL Lindsay! Well I haven't muttered to my husband as of yet! We've been married 22 years I don't think I'd trade him in even for Jamie, but hmmmm maybe I ought to have him take up Gaelic aye?

message 33: by Keri (last edited Mar 27, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Keri | 182 comments Lindsay wrote: "Outlander is on my to-read list. Is it going to make us married folk have disdain for our husbands? Muttering "damn you, why aren't you more like Jamie?" lol.

So far, my favorites are

Acheron an..."

LMAO, Lindasay! Unlike Fawn, I'm not married so I couldn't say. However, I can say I certainly hope to find my "Jamie" in the (hopefully very near) future!!

message 34: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 9 comments Keri wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Outlander is on my to-read list. Is it going to make us married folk have disdain for our husbands? Muttering "damn you, why aren't you more like Jamie?" lol.

So far, my favorites..."

Keri, I am sure Jamie has a Prayer for that! You know, face to the left at dawn or something. He always knows what one needs to do for any situation. LOL!

message 35: by Sapphirewine (new)

Sapphirewine | 3 comments Rachel and Kisten in The Hollows :)

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna Jamie and Claire
Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman)

message 37: by Kerri (new)

Kerri (kkluvsushi) | 1 comments Kat and Bones from the One foot in the grave (series)

message 38: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 147 comments I love Loch and Gwen from The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston . I feel a reread coming on.

message 39: by Rhea (new)

Rhea  | 1 comments Mercy and Adam
Kate and Curran

Absolutely love both of these series :)

message 40: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 8 comments I just finished "A Directory of Witches" and I really liked Diana & Matthew. I mean, a witch and a vampire. Who'd have thunk it?
My favorite is still Claire and Jamie.

message 41: by E (new)

E (erin1reedfreek) | 22 comments I love Mercy and Adam, but my favorite couple is Chess and Terrible from the Downside series! I am obsessed with their story.

message 42: by Kujo317 (new)

Kujo317 | 2 comments Erin wrote: "I love Mercy and Adam, but my favorite couple is Chess and Terrible from the Downside series! I am obsessed with their story."

Welcome to our madness lol! http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 4 comments Jamie and Claire (Outlander)
Rain and Ellysetts (Tairen Soul series by C. L. Wilson -which a wise Goodreads friend told me were as good as Jamie and Claire)

In YA Jace and Clary - The Mortal Instruments

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments I love Rain and Ellysetta too! Kate and Curran, Adam and Mercy, and then Camille and her guys from the Otherworld series are all amazing!

message 45: by E (new)

E (erin1reedfreek) | 22 comments Karen wrote: "Erin wrote: "I love Mercy and Adam, but my favorite couple is Chess and Terrible from the Downside series! I am obsessed with their story."

Welcome to our madness lol! http://www.goodreads.com/gro..."

Thanks! I have not had anyone to share my obsession of all things Downside with!

message 46: by Pat (new)

Pat Patterson | 3 comments Cat and Bones, Kate and Curran, and every single couple in the Immortals After Dark series

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments I have a couple favorites, but I am going with Dante and Heather from The Makers Song series by Adrian Phoenix.

message 48: by Karin (new)

Karin | 1 comments I definitely have to go with Adam and Mercy, Clay and Elena, Declan and Regin, Kate and Curran, and the Lugh/Morgan/Brian triangle in Jenna Black's "Morgan Kingsley" series. All gery awesome. But I do have to say that if Harry and Murphy ever actually get together that will trump all the rest...easily.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) you know when some couples have joined names?? like Sheldon and Amy = Shamy (from big bang theory)

i was thinking what our fave book couples name would be??
has anyone got any good ones??

message 50: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Moler | 26 comments Betelgeuze wrote: "My favourite couple in PNR is Lily and Rule from Eileen Wilks World of the Lupi series. I also like many of the couples in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter. In non-fantasy i really like Eve and Roark..."

I'm with you on the Lily and Rule combo. :-) Wilks is supposed to be coming out with a short about Benedict too. (fingers tapping impatiently)

« previous 1