Throwing Dice on a Chessboard: A Collection of Short Stories Throwing Dice on a Chessboard discussion

book cover

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christos (last edited Feb 13, 2011 11:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christos Tsiailis please comment on the book cover. it is an in-box installation by an artist in Athens, Theodoros Sampson. I'd like to see the impact it has on internet viewers, as it is far from provocative or mainstream, for that matter

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina I quite like the cover Christo. My mind immediately made associations with the Classical Greek theatre,and also with mysticism and life changing forces. Although I gather your stories are about life changing forces that come from within rather than those outside our control, it feels quite apt.

I have placed your book in my book depository wish list and hope to buy it soon. My curiosity has certainly been piqued.

Christos Tsiailis Marina, your comment honours me, indeed it does. I totally agree with what this installation gives to you. But if you ever read this book, you will find that some of the heroes will suffer uncontrollable, external forces as well. The paradox of life is that a bell may shed light and a torch may mesmerise someone with sounds like from sirens. And that is what the cover of the book is trying to point to.
Thank you!