Green Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Green Group Book Club 2011 > Books on sustainability!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 282 comments Since my wonderful co-mod posted a new book about garbage, I thought I'd post a few book ideas about sustainability to get everyone going on the theme.
Materials Matter: Toward a Sustainable Materials Policy (More of a green building book, but still good)
A Green History of the World: The Environment and the Collapse of Great Civilizations (read this book for a class, thought it was really interesting)
The New Atlas of Planet Management
The Sacred Balance (I love his work)
The Hidden Connections: A Science for Sustainable Living

And coming out in August is a book I'm looking forward to called, "Eco-Republic: What the Ancients Can Teach Us about Ethics, Virtue, and Sustainable Living" by Melissa Lane. I pre-ordered a copy, so we'll see!

Happy reading, and feel free to add any books you feel fit the bill, or even that don't quite fit, environmental science is tremendously inter-connected.

message 2: by Marieke (new)

Marieke I like the sound of "Eco-Republic" !!

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 282 comments Makes August seem so far away...not that I don't have other things to read.

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 282 comments I just got The Post Carbon Reader: Managing the 21st Century's Sustainability Crises and I'm suuuuuper excited to read it. I think it may get bumped to the top of my reading list. The lady at Barnes and Noble didn't share my enthusiasm, however.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.