Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: Threads, misc. > March Book of the Month: Warrior by Zoe Archer

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:00AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments TBA

Nominations

1.Wicked Ties by Shayla Black
2.Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer
3.Warrior by Zoe Archer
4.All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
5.The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Feb 13, 2011 07:05PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Your nominations for the March group read are welcome at any time. We'll be accepting nominations until the 20th, and then we'll poll the group, and announce the winner on the 25th, thanks!

message 3: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments hmmm...Wicked Tiesby Shayla Black or Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer. I'm having an indecisive moment. LOL

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Gigi wrote: "hmmm...Wicked Tiesby Shayla Black or Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer. I'm having an indecisive moment. LOL"

That's what happens when you have too many books to read, LOL!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I want to nominate Warrior by Zoe Archer.

message 6: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Michelle wrote: "Gigi wrote: "hmmm...Wicked Tiesby Shayla Black or Morning Glory by Lavyrle Spencer. I'm having an indecisive moment. LOL"

That's what happens when you have too many b..."

LOL!!! So true! LOL

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Hmmm, Shayla Black looks a little to risque for me....I have Warrior on my TBR though, it looks fun - an adventure.

Never read Spenser, but I did see a movie version of Morning Glory...I think with Christopher Reeve!

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 18, 2011 09:17AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments It is pretty risque. I read it. Twice, actually. It was very good/well written, but I've never looked at another one of her books.

message 9: by Gigi, Moderator (last edited Feb 17, 2011 07:15PM) (new)

Gigi | 833 comments LisaKay wrote: "It is pretty risque. I read it. Twice, actually. It was very good/well written, but I never book another one of her books."

oooohhhh, risque! Now I really want to read it! LOL ; )

Zoe wrote: "Hmmm, Shayla Black looks a little to risque for me....I have Warrior on my TBR though, it looks fun - an adventure.

Never read Spenser, but I did see a movie version of Morning Glory...I think ..."

Well, you don't have to pick a book thats here. Nominate some books that you want to read. I'm sure the more books to choose from the better.

message 10: by Kelley (last edited Feb 18, 2011 08:49AM) (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Zoe wrote: "Hmmm, Shayla Black looks a little to risque for me..."

Yeah, Shayla Black is an erotica author and I didn't really pay attentionto which title was listed since I knew I would NOT be reading it if it's chosen ince I rarely do erotica, but I do know her book out this month is a menage book and I defintely don't read those! ever.

As for Warrior - is that the first book int eh series? or later in the series. I am very anal about doing series in order, except sometimes when I get a review book or a contest book I have to read that is later in a series I'm not caught up on. Or when I get a book I don't realize is part of a series. Not having read any of that Archer series yet, if it isn't book 1, I won't be reading that one either.

I didn't put any suggestions in cuz I never know whether or not I'll be able to participate. Right now I've got a pile of contest books to read and judge in addition to my steadily increasing review pile so that's pretty much all I'm reading presently, unless they are library or audio books.

But I guess I can suggest a book I'm currently reading, though I'll be done by March. LOL but it'll still be fresh in my mind at least. LOL

All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - All Just Glass (Den of Shadows) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes - a YA Vampire novel.

Though in light of my previous mention about series... LOL... This is part of a series sort of, since it's a sequel to the most recent book in the series before this one. But good thing is, I'm not lost. There is a good chunk of back story I wish I had leading up to events in this book, but it's not impacting my ability to enjoy this one. So I don't feel bad suggesting it though well into a series. :-)

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Kelley wrote: "Zoe wrote: "Hmmm, Shayla Black looks a little to risque for me..."

Yeah, Shayla Black is an erotica author and I didn't really pay attentionto which title was listed since I knew I would NOT be ..."

Regarding Warrior, I think its the first in the series. That said, I just found out there's a prequel in Half Past Dead. I haven't read it yet, but I hate to start a series without reading the prequel first.

message 12: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments Warrior is the first in the series. I never read the prequel, but it's my understanding that it's a completely different set of characters. You absolutely don't need to read it to understand the world, the characters, and the plot of Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer .

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Warrior looks good to me. I have been considering it for awhile. Also, though I don't know which comes first:
Metallic Love (Silver Metal Lover, #2) by Tanith Lee The Silver Metal Lover (Silver Metal Lover, #1) by Tanith Lee

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LisaKay wrote: "Warrior looks good to me. I have been considering it for awhile. Also, though I don't know which comes first:
Metallic Love (Silver Metal Lover, #2) by Tanith Lee[bookcover:The Silver Metal Lover|567..."

I believe Silver Metal Loved is the first in the series. I'll add it to the list. :)

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Sandra J wrote: "Warrior is the first in the series. I never read the prequel, but it's my understanding that it's a completely different set of characters. You absolutely don't need to read it to ..."

Thanks for the info Sandra J. I'll hold off on buying it for now. :)

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments The poll is up.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 24, 2011 08:17PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I was a very bad girl today and stopped by the B&N. I bought Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer to start in March whether it is the BOM or not. I justified this because it is winning in the poll. The next in votes is Wicked Ties by Shayla Black , which I have already read (twice). Maybe it was just a reason to stop by the bookstore. LOL. I can download Metallic Love (Silver Metal Lover, #2) by Tanith Lee or The Silver Metal Lover (Silver Metal Lover, #1) by Tanith Lee if we decide on one of them. Sometimes I just need a regular old paperback. Anyway...I also purchased Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt and all I can say is WOW! I am deep in Chapter 4 and loving it. I have never read this author, but I must post that she is good. She is definately holding my attention anyway.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I was a very bad girl today and stopped by the B&N. I bought Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer to start in March whether it is the BOM or not. I justified this because it is winning in the poll. The n..."

Good for you!

message 19: by Michelle (last edited Feb 25, 2011 03:19AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments And the winner is.........

Warrior, book one in The Blades of the Rose series by Zoe Archer!

Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer

message 20: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 752 comments I might read it-depends on if I get a copy in time. My library has it and I have it on my PBS WL.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Well into Chapter 2 of Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer and I am enjoying it. I don't think this will be a superfast read for me; I'll have to concentrate. It has a plot! LOL. Loving the exotic locale.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Well into Chapter 2 of Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer and I am enjoying it. I don't think this will be a superfast read for me; I'll have to concentrate. It has a plot! LOL. Loving the exotic locale."

I love hearing that! I'm into 2 books right now, so I'll probably start reading it later this week.

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 02, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Before reading Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer I thought the Mongolian steppes were like this:

But now I realize they can also be like this:

message 24: by Michelle (last edited Mar 02, 2011 05:15PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Those photos make me want to take a vacation NOW!

message 25: by Michelegg (new)

Michelegg (mggoertzen) Lisa SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Now I have a beautiful image in my mind while I read this book.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 05, 2011 06:15PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 5 Pictures

Revised with multiple spoilers.

#1 (view spoiler)

#2 (view spoiler)

#3 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments What a ger looks like:

Orkhon Valley Pictures, Images and Photos

On Mongolian steppe.
MongolianSteppe

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 03, 2011 09:52PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 6 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 05, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 7 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 30: by Michelegg (new)

Michelegg (mggoertzen) I'm just loving the pictures Lisa. You are really making this book come alive!

message 31: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 03, 2011 10:05PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michele, I'm glad. I'm having fun. I will try to post a picture of something for each chapter. We'll see. There's a chapter in the enemies camp... Notice I added some links under Chapter 7.

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 09, 2011 03:31AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 8 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 33: by Michelegg (new)

Michelegg (mggoertzen) You are just awesome Lisa!

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 03, 2011 10:36PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Awwwwhha, thank you.
[image error]

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 09, 2011 03:34AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 9 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 02:52AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 10 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 04, 2011 01:02PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 11 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 38: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments Oh, I would have so enjoyed a picture of Gabriel in his wrestling outfit. I enjoyed the comments the women made when they saw him.

message 39: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know Sandra! I think I'm a lecher-ette. LOL.

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 09, 2011 03:38AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 12 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 05, 2011 08:42PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Extra pictures post w/o spoilers!

Animals of the Mongolian Steppe

Short legged camels.

Or a link for a closer look at camels and dogs (I love dogs!) with their owners.

Mongolian yak
Russia, Mongolia and China - Mongolia yak Pictures, Images and Photos

Or a link for a photo entitled Yakety Yak.

Short legged horses.
baotou Pictures, Images and Photos
And a link entitled eagle hunter.
Another link to plain mongole and last, but not least, a good Sheppard and his angora goat.

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 09, 2011 03:35AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 13 Pictures - Multiple spoilers! LOL.

#1 (view spoiler)

#2 (view spoiler)

#3 (view spoiler)

#4 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 06, 2011 03:20AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 14 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 07, 2011 11:30AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 15 Pictures
(view spoiler)

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay, you are awesome!!!! Thanks so much for posting these.

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You're welcome. I want to go to Mongolia!!!

message 47: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 08, 2011 02:50AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Chapter 16 Pictures (I think I'm done with chapter).

#1 (view spoiler)

#2 Monastery Links, Links, Links. (view spoiler)

message 48: by Michelegg (new)

Michelegg (mggoertzen) I have never wanted to go to Mongolia before, but thanks to the book and Lisa's pictures I do now. Who knew it was so beautiful?

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michele, Ditto! Who knew?

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Mar 07, 2011 07:19PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments A plea for HELP from anyone. I can't find Sha Chuan Si Monastery on the internet. Is it a real place like all Zoe Archer's other places in Warrior, or is a fictional place? Is it is only in her imagination, does anyone know of a Chinese desert monastery "perched at the summit of a broad, flat-topped rock."

See revised posting #47 above!!! I will change it if anyone finds it.

« previous 1