Fans of Maps discussion

A book's map you've (dis/)liked? > Earth's Children series by Jean Auel

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 152 comments There are maps in each book of the series, at least the ones after The Clan of the Cave Bear, reflecting Europe and Western Asia of 30,000 years ago, and the travels of the main characters. I keep one of the maps posted on the wall behind my desk.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 645 comments Mod
Ah yes, I remember loving the endpapers. I tried to read the second and wasn't impressed, but the first was def. a good story and felt authentic. Thanks for the topic!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2011 03:16PM) (new)

I have read the whole series. Well not quite, I was waiting for the last one to come out in paper-back. Apart from the irritating repetitiveness that occurs though out each book with reminders of things that had happened earlier in the series (ad nauseum). I really enjoyed them. The maps were a wonderful guide.

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 152 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "I have read the whole series. Well not quite, I was waiting for the last one to come out in paper-back. ..."

Did you know they're all on Kindle now?

I do most of my reading on Kindle these days, but one of the things I miss about hardback books is the wonderful end papers -- especially when they are maps like this. For this series I still keep all the hardbacks around partly for that reason.

message 5: by JenniferD (new)

JenniferD (jooniperd) I will be receiving a review copy of Auel's new novel so that should be fun! I read the books when I was 14ish and I just remember them being an eye-opener about lust and sex. LOL!!! I think those books got a lot of teen-aged girls into reading.

message 6: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 152 comments Book 6, The Land of Painted Caves, is a disappointment with respect to maps. The only maps are the end papers and they're not very detailed.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 645 comments Mod
fft. Thanks for letting us know, Betsy.