Mr. Seibert's Reading Class discussion

pages #86-130

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments when peeta and katniss were arguing over who whos skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have" what do you think he meant by it,did he mean as a compliment or a put down?do you think it has something to do with the games or his feelings?explain in very clear details.

message 2: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments as you can clearly see katniss has a a very short temper and little patience.how do you think this will effect her later on in the book?when she is in the training facilities she shows this toward the gamemakers.do you think this will help her chances at being sponsored because of the abilities she has showed?how would you have handled the situation?are you short tempered give me one time you have ever showed it,whether it be in school or at home.what were your consequences for it(consequences could be good or bad).

message 3: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments D'onte wrote: "when peeta and katniss were arguing over their skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have..." When Katniss and Peeta were agruing, I think Peeta was trying to tell Haymitch what Katniss was really capable of since she was not telling him the truth. Basically, Peeta helped Katniss again and impress Haymitch. I believe Peeta was referring to how Katniss is admired by so many people and don't see it. Peeta feels Katniss does not give herself enough credit for her hard work. This was a compliment because I believe if Katniss had such a bad effect on people, then none of those people would have promised her to protect her family and be sure they are well-fed. I believe this remark has something to do with the Games. I say this because with her entrance at the opening ceremonies made everyone heads turn with envy; which is a good thing because this shows that her appearance out-showed alot of the tributes. Also, Peeta did not begin to have feelings for Katniss until the Games began.

message 4: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments D'onte wrote: "as you can clearly see katniss has a a very short temper and little patience.how do you think this will effect her later on in the book?when she is in the training facilities she shows this toward ..." I believe this will affect her later in the story because she will be more open and freely to kill people when she is upset. Also, Katniss may bump heads with the wrong ones and end up killing them or that person killing her. Her talents in the training center does help her get more sponsors. I say this because she showed alot of fiery and ability to survive in the Games while in the training process. Also, when she shot that arrow at the Gamemakers, this showed alot of people that she was not the one to play with and she wanted them to pay her attention instead of a dead pork. If I was in her situation, I would have done something else to get their attention instead of shoot an arrow at them. However, she did get the highest score for doing such a thing. I can understand where Katniss is coming from with her angry temper. I have one myself, but I know how to control it better than Katniss can. Last year, my worse enemy approached me in a negative way, and I literally just exploded all in her face. I told her how she had an ugly demeanor and the worse person to have living on Earth. I felt sorry for the girl and regretted my words toward her, but I never told her this. Though, I do wish I had told her I was sorry. This was the worse consequence any human could have because I regretted every moment and still feel sick thinking about the event.

message 5: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments D'onte wrote: "when peeta and katniss were arguing over who whos skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have..."

Peeta has stronge feelings for Kansis as he admits during the interview he liked her since he saw her. I don't really think it has anything to do with the game I actually believe that he is in love with her on the low but didn't admit it to her before because he's just the baker son. The thing is that I wouldn't really fall into with him because we would have to kill each other which brings me to the drunk man. He's probably the way he is because he came into the game like Peeta and had to kill the one he love/liked.

message 6: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments D'onte wrote: "as you can clearly see katniss has a a very short temper and little patience.how do you think this will effect her later on in the book?when she is in the training facilities she shows this toward ..."

Her temper is the reason she got an 11 in the session so it effected her possitively. She is being herself which is the best thing you could do in this type of sitiuation that she is in. I am VERY short temperer, but I can kind of control it now. In this situation I probably would've done the same thing because I hate to be ignored. An example was in Mrs.Machon class when all day she wouldn't call on me to answer any questions. I blurted out, "See, that's why I don't raise my hand in none of yall classes like that cause yall don't call on me so what's the point. I just ain't gone answer no one questions all year." That in which was out of anger and kind of rude. Even though it was an expression of my feeling it was wrong to do, but at the time I was angry for being ignored.

message 7: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments D'onte wrote: "as you can clearly see katniss has a a very short temper and little patience.how do you think this will effect her later on in the book?when she is in the training facilities she shows this toward ..."

I think that later on in the book, she might know how to handle when she gets ignored or when somebody doesn't want to pay attention to her. I also think that it will not got her a sponser but , then again it just might get her the best sponser, because she shows strength and great mind strategies. I would have handled the situation by doing the same thing.I am short-tempered and i think that any body that i really hang out with would know that, One time when I had a short - temper was yesterday at school, Jazmine kept on playing with me in Science and I need to keep my grades up and i said quit being childish and immature and grow up. She got mad , I was only stating facts and it was important that i pay attention in Ms.McMahon's class.

message 8: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments D'onte wrote: "when peeta and katniss were arguing over who whos skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have..."

I think Peeta actually helped her because he was telling Haymitch that Katniss was admired by alot of people and she just didn't realize or want to admit to it. Peeta was telling Haymitch every thing she can do, and how well of a hunter she is. I think it was a compliment not a Put-Down.

message 9: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments D'onte wrote: "when peeta and katniss were arguing over who whos skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have..."

D'onte wrote: "when peeta and katniss were arguing over who whos skills and appeals,do you think peeta meant to start it and say what is said as a strategy?when peeta said "she has no idea,the effect she can have..."

Peeta dont really know how to show his true or real emotions about Katniss so he shows it in another form oflove.The statement he said was more like a compliment because he wanted express his feeling in a way she would get it.

message 10: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments D'onte wrote: "as you can clearly see katniss has a a very short temper and little patience.how do you think this will effect her later on in the book?when she is in the training facilities she shows this toward ..."

I bet Katniss attitude is gonna get her spotted in the games.her impatience is gonna hert either lose someone specail to her or even her killed.I would have had handeled the situation more calmer.I dont have a temper only when something is not fair.