Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: Threads, misc. > Looking for an old romance novel,

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Feb 14, 2011 07:29AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Sorry Tammi. I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what novel that is. Could it be a Rosemary Rogers, or Kathleen Woodiwiss novel?

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Tammi - have you ever tried the Smart Bitches Website? Theu occassionaly post HABO's - called "help a bitch out" where you post a description of said book (as above) and their wide readership reads it and ideally someone says "aha!" It's also hysterically funny.

I can tell you I'm pretty sure it's not early Deveraux or Coulter, as I read them all back then and that doesn't sound familiar.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I read the synopsis for a historical romance novel where this innocent heroine (of course!) marries a rake, who's really not a rake at all. He's a member of a secret law enforcement group, and being a no good rake is a part of his cover. He and the heroine start to fall in love, but his sister is attempting to ruin their relationship. I thought I added this book to my amazon wishlist, but I guess I didn't. I can't recall the title or the author. Can anybody help? I'll check out the Smart Bitches Website too. Thanks.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Gee, I wish I knew what either of these books are, but sadly I don't! If you guys figure it out- make sure to post it because they sound really good!

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michelle, do you know when this book was published? Is it a decade old or more recent? Sounds familar.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LisaKay wrote: "Michelle, do you know when this book was published? Is it a decade old or more recent? Sounds familar."

I believe its more recent. I think it was published within the last 5 or 6 years.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 21, 2011 02:05AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michelle,

At first I thought it might be Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8) by Stephanie Laurens ...
But then, the hero is really is no longer a spy (he just quit as head of the organization and this is the last in the series); however, his sister doesn't like the heroine.

Try checking these out. There must be 100 books, so have fun. BTW, you have now caused me to make a bookshelf for 'romance-spy' - LOL!

ForMichell

I haven't read it, but it might be The Enigmatic Rake (The Faringdon Scandals, #3) (Harlequin Historical, #791) by Anne O'Brien

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LisaKay wrote: "Michelle,

At first I thought it might be Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8) by Stephanie Laurens...
But then, the hero is really is no longer a spy (he just quit as head of the organization and this is the last i..."

Thanks Lisa. I think I'd like to have a romance-spy shelf too. Anne Stuart's "Ice" series is definitely going to be on that shelf :)

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Michelle, Ahhhhhhh, I forgot about Anne Stuart as she is modern day. I have a lot of work to do. Just when I thought my bookshelves were about done. I slept on it and still think it might be Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8) by Stephanie Laurens . As in most romance books, when they make him a spy they do so for a reason. In this case he wasn't quite finished. Let me know when you do find the answer! It's killing me. LOL.

message 10: by Michelle (last edited Mar 01, 2011 03:59AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Ok, I went to the link you gave me, and I cannot get over all the regency-political-espionage-agent for the crown titles listed there! I mean, I want to read them all. To be honest, I didn't click on every title to read the description, but there are so many good books listed there, that I'm sure the title I'm looking for is there. I really want read Mastered By Love now too!

message 11: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Sounds like a bodice-ripper??? Tammi, I posted your book description in the Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous group. There are some very good detectives in that group... I will report back if they have any ideas. :)

message 12: by SmittenKitten (last edited Mar 14, 2011 07:45PM) (new)

SmittenKitten | 29 comments Is it Prisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey?

message 13: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicasey) Tammi wrote: "I am looking for an old romance novel, I believe from the 1980's. It was set in England, with two feuding possible Barons. The Evil baron captured the good Baron and tied him to a bed, where he th..."

I've read that book! Or at least one with a eerily similiar story line. But, I have no idea the title. Sorry!