Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Paranormal Romance > Heather Graham

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I haven't ever read anything by Heather Graham. Does anyone know if Night of the Vampires  by Heather Graham is the sequel to Night of the Wolves by Heather Graham ? It was in a box of books that I bought of ebay. I have spoiler anxiety so I haven't read the back of the book yet for fear I'll ruin Night of the Wolves (in case I need to read that one first).

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yep. First is Night of the Wolves and then Night of the Vampires but I don't know where Night Of The Blackbird fits in.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I read Night of the Wolves and am now scared to read Night of the Vampires. I didn't like the first one.... at all....

Shannon Drake/Heather Graham is one of my favorite authors. She writes HR/PNR/Rom Sus. My favorite PNR series by her are (in order):

Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Vampire, #1) by Shannon Drake When Darkness Falls (Vampire, #2) by Shannon Drake Deep Midnight (Vampire, #3) by Shannon Drake Realm Of Shadows (Vampire, #4) by Shannon Drake The Awakening (Vampire, #5) by Shannon Drake Dead By Dusk (Vampire, #6) by Shannon Drake Kiss Of Darkness by Heather Graham Blood Red by Heather Graham

The weird thing is (they are all in the same series), but she started writing them as Shannon Drake and switched over to Heather Graham for Kiss Of Darkness and Blood Red

My favorites are the first three, but after that they are hit and miss (at least for me)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Megan wrote: "I read Night of the Wolves and am now scared to read Night of the Vampires. I didn't like the first one.... at all....

Shannon Drake/Heather Graham is one of my fa..."

Now I have all of the books in the Vampire series. I had no idea Kiss of Darkness and Blood Red were a part of that series.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LisaKay wrote: "Yep. First is Night of the Wolves and then Night of the Vampires but I don't know where Night Of The Blackbird fits in."

Thanks Lisa :)

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Michelle, Kiss of Darkness and Blood Red could stand together on their own, but if you read the others first, you'll recognize some re-occurring minor characters.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Megan, I haven't read HG in years and none of her paranormal. If it's too scary for you then it is certainly too scary for me!
Scarey Monster

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Megan wrote: "Michelle, Kiss of Darkness and Blood Red could stand together on their own, but if you read the others first, you'll recognize some re-occurring minor characters."

Thanks for the info. I hate reading out of order. I need to get more disciplined with my 2011 reading goals and tackle some of the books I've had for so long and still have yet to read.

What did you think of Beneath A Blood Red Moon?

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments LisaKay wrote: "Megan, I haven't read HG in years and none of her paranormal. If it's too scary for you then it is certainly too scary for me!
"

LOL! I didn't think it was scary, but I thought it was scary-bad... (I gave it 2 stars), that's why I'm "scared" to read the second one... I don't want to read another bad book! LOL!

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Michelle I LOVED the first two: Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Vampire, #1) by Shannon Drake When Darkness Falls (Vampire, #2) by Shannon Drake

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments LisaKay wrote: "Megan, I haven't read HG in years and none of her paranormal. If it's too scary for you then it is certainly too scary for me!
"

LMAO!!!

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Megan wrote: "Michelle I LOVED the first two: Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Vampire, #1) by Shannon DrakeWhen Darkness Falls (Vampire, #2) by Shannon Drake"

Glad to hear it. Now I don't feel so bad for elbowing someone out of my way to get to them at the used bookstore. Just kidding!

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Megan...my mistake. FOFLMAO. Ain't communication grand!

laugh

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments No worries Lisa!! That's the beauty/downfall of communicating on the internet!!

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I figured it was really, really bad because I've seen your book list. Ha!

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments LOL!!