The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Kate Carlisle saying hi!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Carlisle (katecarlisle) | 19 comments Hi, everyone! My name is Kate Carlisle, and I'm a whodunitaholic. I joined Goodreads a while ago, but it was back when I had a day job and spent all my free time writing. Now that I'm a full-time writer, I have more time to spend online, so I'm getting more active here on Goodreads. Accepting all friend requests, so bring them on! :D

Some of my favorite mystery authors include Hannah Dennison (her British humor slays me!), Rhys Bowen (I almost typed in "Bowel," which would not have been nice), Elizabeth Peters... I could go on and on. As you can see, I lean toward the cozy mystery side of the genre, but I do like a good dark murder mystery from authors like Michael Connelly and John Sandford, as well.

message 2: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35543 comments Welcome.

I've read a couple of Bowen's and Peters' but I prefer Connelly and Sandford.

The Bowen's that I read were just too cozy. Same thing with Peters. Although I am getting ready to try A River in the Sky. So I am willing to give her another chance.

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome KateCarlisle. I love the "whodunitaholic" title. Add chocoholic and you've described me. I read the full spectrum of mysteries from cozies to noir just depends on my mood.

message 4: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Kate. Thanks for joining the group. I tend more to the cozies, but I will never say no to chocolate!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Carlisle (katecarlisle) | 19 comments Thank you for the welcome, Jan! I love that there are mysteries for every type of reader. My books are definitely on the cozy end of the spectrum.

Donna and Hayes, oh, I'm with you on the chocoholic title, too! My perfect day would include a stack of cozy mysteries, a comfortable chair, and all the chocolate I could stomach.

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Dingwall (wendyld) | 10 comments Hi Kate, I am rather new at this too. What caught my attention was that your likes are very similar to mine. I'm a publisher who has turned writer, my first mystery will be out this spring. I tend to lean toward the British mysteries. Anyone from PD James to MC Beaton. I like cozies and third the thrillers. I love Elizabeth Peters too! In fact, in my travel mystery series I have a child to heighten the suspense for the protagonist, I got the idea from reading the Elizabeth Peabody series.
Are you writing mysteries too? If so what does your protagonist do?

message 7: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 182 comments KateCarlisle wrote: "Hi, everyone! My name is Kate Carlisle, and I'm a whodunitaholic. I joined Goodreads a while ago, but it was back when I had a day job and spent all my free time writing. Now that I'm a full-time w..."

The trouble with meeting new friends here is that one's stack of books to read grows higher with each new acquaintance! NOW I have to read Hannah Dennison and Kate Carlisle and Wendy Dingwall.

Welcome!

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee | 181 comments Welcome Kate!

message 9: by stan (new)

stan (stanthewiseman) | 141 comments Welcome Kate
It seem's you like Female Authors Have you Read Val Mc Dermid? 1St rate