Wake SUCKED

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shep (new)

Shep Wake by Lisa McMann:

I hated this book so much I wanted to stab it XD

message 2: by Shep (new)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Funny review Scarlet. I guess I should pass then huh?

message 4: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) Scarlet: great review. I'm thinking I'lll wait on this.

message 5: by Shep (last edited Feb 25, 2011 07:05PM) (new)

Shep Thanks :) Yeah Im appalled that this book is a best-seller. It makes me wonder if people have any standards left. I hear it's going to be made into a movie though, with Miley Cyrus (gag me)

The concept is cool, but the actual book sucked, so idk, maybe the movie version will be better. (it cant really get much WORSE, in my opinion)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (Avid7Reader) | 60 comments I actually quite enjoyed the series. -hides-
If you continue to read books two and three, Fade and Gone, respectively, you'll find that it does, in fact, explain Jameie's ability.
Well, except the people asking for help part.
I guess because I'm not a visual person (I don't visualize AT ALL when I read), I never noticed there was very little visual description. I can see how that would irritate most people.
I also didn't have a problem with the short sentences.
I will concede, however, when it comes to the vulgarity as well as the quality of the romance.
I enjoyed the sheer originality of it, I suppose, more so than anything else. It was different from anything else.
And yes, I'm done now. Sorry :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Scarlet wrote: "Thanks :) Yeah Im appalled that this book is a best-seller. It makes me wonder if people have any standards left. I hear it's going to be made into a movie though, with Miley Cyrus (gag me)

The ..."

From an author perspective:
Best sellers are about money. If I had unlimited funds, I could pay to put my book on the Best Seller list. It has nothing to do with how good the book is. Hard to believe huh? But very true.

The publisher does this before the book is released. Sigh!

message 8: by Shep (new)

Shep Sonia wrote: "Scarlet wrote: "Thanks :) Yeah Im appalled that this book is a best-seller. It makes me wonder if people have any standards left. I hear it's going to be made into a movie though, with Miley Cyrus ..."

really?? thats kind of...unfair! >.<

message 9: by Shep (new)

Shep Laura wrote: "I actually quite enjoyed the series. -hides-
If you continue to read books two and three, Fade and Gone, respectively, you'll find that it does, in fact, explain Jamei..."

Its alright if you enjoyed it, I wont attack you lol. Its more the book Im angry at. But if people are able to enjoy it then good for them, it just wasnt for me.

message 10: by Shep (new)

Shep dont worry, you arent missing much.

message 11: by Shep (new)

Shep yes