YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > What are you eagerly anticipating?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

It seems like there's so many books coming out this year! I don't know how I'm going to read them all! Here's a few I'm waiting for very impatiently:

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge Divergent by Veronica Roth Blood Red Road by Moira Young City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan Illusions (Wings, #3) by Aprilynne Pike Strange Fate (Night World, #10) by L.J. Smith Steel by Carrie Vaughn

Jeez, I could go on and on...

message 2: by *Suzy (ereaderuser)* (last edited Feb 13, 2011 11:36AM) (new)

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) Those that I can think of off the top of my head are:
The President's Vampire (President's Vampire, #2) by Christopher Farnsworth Deadline (Newsflesh, #2) by Mira Grant Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

And of course I'll crossing my fingers for a sequel to Hollowland and The Host.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really excited for Forever too!

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) Oh and I forgot

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan

message 6: by Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) (last edited Feb 15, 2011 08:13AM) (new)

Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) (starryeyedjen) i can't wait for Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater either! she posted a teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9QKf...

here are some others i'm (not-so) patiently awaiting:

Divergent by Veronica Roth City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Blood Magic (The Blood Journals #1) by Tessa Gratton Crossed (Matched, #2) by Ally Condie Silence (Hush Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore Sweetly (Sisters Red, #2) by Jackson Pearce

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Jeannette: I saw the teaser for it last night! So excited! Only five more months! :/ Blood Magic looks really good too!

Shakira: You've read the night world series too? Ugh! I hate that she's focusing on the Vampire Diaries series! Jeez I seriously cannot wait for Strange Fate!

message 8: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Silence (Hush Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8) by Ellen Schreiber ...no pic yet, but i am super excited for Twisted - 3rd book in the intertwined series...that's all i can think of right now :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really excited for the Iron Witch too! But it's not out on the Nook yet...so I'm trying to be patient haha.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2011 12:17PM) (new)

Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8) by Ellen Schreiber Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant
These are two right off the top of my head...so many more though! I still have to read Linger but I am excited for Forever...when I first picked up Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater I never know it would so good...I even got a signed book! (:

message 11: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Amy wrote: "Jeannette: I saw the teaser for it last night! So excited! Only five more months! :/ Blood Magic looks really good too!

Shakira: You've read the night world series too? Ugh! I hate that she's focu..."

I know! It was supposed to come out like last year, but she keeps dragging it out. It's torturous! And it's the very LAST book! I want to finish it, not wait another five years! Hope it comes out soon, I'm dying here...

message 12: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Bethany wrote: "Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie StiefvaterSilence (Hush Hush, #3) by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra ClareThe Power of Six by Pittacus LoreThe Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney[bookcover:The Water Wars|774950..."

Oh my god I know exactly what you're talking about! I want to read Twisted so badly! I love that series so much :)

message 13: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments YAY! The cover for Everlasting was released today !! Everlasting (The Immortals, #6) by Alyson Noel

message 14: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Dragon's Oath (House of Night) by P.C. Cast Dark Mirror (Dark Passage, #1) by M.J. Putney Looking forward to these ones too. they look pretty good.

And does this book Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter not seem like it's a copy-cat off of Fallen and Hex hall or is it just me??

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole_sheree) | 34 comments So far there are only a few on my list:
Dead Reckoning, The Death Cure and A Demon Day by Penelope Fletcher, and its supposed to be out this summer.

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) Who is the author of Twisted that everyone is talking about?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It's Gena Showalter, the Intertwined series. Twisted is the third book.

I haven't read the series, but I think I'm gonna now since all you guys recommend it so highly!

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) Thanks Amy.

message 19: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Yeah, you should deffinately read the Intertwined series. My friend got em for her e-reader and she was like "OMG, these are amazing...there's vampires, werewolves, faeries, goblins...it's got everything!" At first, I laughed at that cuz it sounded kinda ridiculous, but they are one of my favorite series now. They aren't what you expect...in a good way.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmm...they definitely sound really good! Thanks! :)

message 21: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments omfg i love the intertwined series. the characters are so lovable. its like a parallel, but completely different, universe to the mortal instruments...if you get what i mean. that's just how much you will like the books and characters. that is how it was for me anyhow :)

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments The Death Cure is SUCH a HARD title lol! I haven't read any of the Maze Runner books yet but dff plan to, they sound awesome. I'm eagerly awaiting The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan and Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy) by Mira Grant other than those I'm kinda putting stuff on the back burner.

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments ALSO Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG so excited for that one!!

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments It sounds awesome!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so excited for the Dark and Hollow Places!

message 27: by Shakira (new)

Shakira Laufer (shiver623) | 28 comments Me three!

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments Who isn't!! I just bought the first two, I want to re-read them before The Dark and Hollow Places comes out.

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy (Crazybeautiful1409) | 22 comments I am so looking forward toWither it just seems so interesting to me.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohmigosh! I waaaaaant that one!! And don't you just love the cover?! It's amazing!

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy (Crazybeautiful1409) | 22 comments I know it's beautiful! I already have it preordered for my nook!

message 32: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (b_shively) | 3 comments There are so many books I can't wait to get my hands on this year...but the 2 that stand out most in my mind right now are City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare and Illusions (Wings, #3) by Aprilynne Pike

Yeah...I think I'll be doing a re-read of Wings and Spells soon...to get eveything fresh on my mind before diving into Illusions!! And TMI...well....who can forget anything about that series!! Yep...I just can't wait to get my hands on these books!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

So so excited for CoFA!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

This one looks good!

Eve (The Eve Trilogy, #1) by Anna Carey

message 36: by Julie (new)

Julie S. So many exciting new books coming out. I'm looking forward to seeing these on the library shelves. Or maybe my bookshelf if I'm lucky. :)

message 37: by Julie (new)

Julie There are so many that I have on my list! Oh well, that gives me time to work on all the books I want to read that are already out!

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer The Pledge by Kimberly Derting Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore

And I know these two just came out yesterday but I can't wait until the library has them! Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so excited for Ashes, Ashes and Enclave! Oh, and I was totally surprised by Kimberly Derting writing a dystopia. I'm really curious about it!

Ohmygosh! I bought and read The Dark and Hollow Places yesterday! It was so good! Now I need to read Wither ASAP!

message 39: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Okay, I did not like The Forest of hands and teeth. I'm sorry Amy!! I hate not finishing a book, so I finished it, but it was really hard. It was so boring to me. And when I wasn't bored, I was depressed. LOL...I'm glad you loved the 3rd book tho. Maybe some day I will try to read 2 & 3. Wither looks pretty good. I love the cover.

So this series totally isn't new, but I am definitely anticipating it!! Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1) by Amanda Hocking Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2) by Amanda Hocking Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3) by Amanda Hocking . I have heard such good things about this series that i'm dying to read it. Also I can't wait to get my hands on Angel Fire (Angel Trilogy, #2) by L.A. Weatherly , Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer & Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3) by Jenna Black ...just to name a few ;)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Books 2 and 3 are soooo much better than The Forest of Hands and Teeth!

Angel Fire! Yes! So excited for that one! Can you believe they changed the Wolfsbane picture? The chick on the cover looks like a werewolf hooker or something! But I think Andrea Cremer is trying to get it changed back!

message 41: by Bethany (new)

Bethany She does look a little sleazy. It bothers me when the covers of a series don't match...I like the other one way better.

message 42: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments I just found a book that I think looks pretty good can't wait for it to come out I want to read it
Bumped by Megan McCafferty

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

That one does sound pretty good! But I'm still on the fence about it haha. I don't know, it sounds good but weird at the same time!

message 44: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments yeah I agree there is a giveaway for it if you want to enter to try to win it!

message 45: by Julie (new)

Julie These two seem pretty interesting...

Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) by Mike Mullin Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow thanks Julie! Those both look awesome! :)

message 47: by Julie (new)

Julie I was pretty excited when I stumbled across them! :)

message 48: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Ashfall sounds interesting. I'm kinda on the fence about Dark Inside. It's synopsis reminds me of Gone, which i'm trying to get through right now, but finding myself losing interest in. I dunno. It doesn't sound exactly the same...but similar.

message 49: by Adela (new)

Adela Clancy I'm anticipating the release of Deadline by Mira Grant FEED was epically amazing and heartwrenching, I'll probably cry all throughout this one (very unusual behavior for me) but all the same I'm looking foreward to reading it. I already preordered my copy :)

message 50: by Bethany (new)

Bethany I've started FEED, but it's not really holding my interest. I think it's one of those that I'm gonna have to push myself to finish. Maybe it will grab me further in...hopefully.

« previous 1 3 4 5