Cozy Mysteries discussion

Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - March 2011 - Alice Kimberly/Cleo Coyle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 13, 2011 11:15AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
By popular request, our March author is... Marc Cerasini and Alice Alfonsi, a popular husband-and-wife writing team, were born and raised in Pittsburgh, met in New York City, and married in Las Vegas. Together they've authored a number of bestselling books.

As Cleo Coyle, they write The Coffeehouse Mysteries, including the number-one and number-two Independent Mystery Booksellers Association bestsellers On What Grounds and Through the Grinder.

As Alice Kimberly, they write The Haunted Bookshop Mysteries, including The Ghost and the Dead Deb and the IMBA bestseller The Ghost and Mrs. McClure.

Under their own names they authored 24: The House Special Subcommittee Investigation of CTU, based on the Emmy Award-winning Fox television show 24.

Separately, Mr. Cerasini, who has ghostwritten for Tom Clancy, has authored over thirty books for adults and children, including the New York Times bestseller O.J. Simpson: American Hero, American Tragedy, the original novel Wolverine: Weapon X for Marvel Press, and novelizations based on the films Cinderella Man and AVP: Alien Vs. Predator.

Ms. Alfonsi, a book editor and former newspaper reporter, has written a number of original and media tie-in novels, including the New York Times bestseller Hidden Passions: Secrets from the Diaries of Tabitha Lenox, an original novel based on the offbeat daytime drama Passions. {From Goodreads Author description}

Coffee House Mysteries by Cleo Coyle
http://www.coffeehousemysteries.com/

#1 On What Grounds
#2 Through the Grinder
#3 Latte Trouble
#4 Murder Most Frothy
#5 Decaffeinated Corpse
#6 French Pressed
#7 Espresso Shot
#8 Holiday Grind
#9 Roast Mortem
#10 Murder by Mocha (Release Date Aug 2, 2011)

On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4) by Cleo Coyle Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffehouse Mystery, #5) by Cleo Coyle French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6) by Cleo Coyle Espresso Shot (Coffeehouse Mystery, #7) by Cleo Coyle Holiday Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #8) by Cleo Coyle Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9) by Cleo Coyle Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10) by Cleo Coyle

Haunted Bookshop by Alice Kimberly

#1 The Ghost and Mrs. McClure
#2 The Ghost and the Dead Deb
#3 The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library
#4 The Ghost and the Femme Fatale
#5 The Ghost and The Haunted Mansion
#6 The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (Release Date Mar 1, 2011)

The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop, #1) by Alice Kimberly The Ghost and the Dead Deb (Haunted Bookshop, #2) by Alice Kimberly The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library (Haunted Bookshop, #3) by Alice Kimberly The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (Haunted Bookshop, #4) by Alice Kimberly The Ghost and The Haunted Mansion (Haunted Bookshop, #5) by Alice Kimberly The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (Haunted Bookshop Mystery #6) by Alice Kimberly

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 13, 2011 11:33AM) (new)

Books by Marc Cerasini
He has 60 invidivual works listed in Goodreads. These are just some of them.

Based on TV series "24"
24 Declassified: Operation Hell Gate
24 Declassified: Trojan Horse
24 Declassified: Vanishing Point
24 Declassified: Collateral Damage
24: The House Special Subcommittee's Findings at CTU
"24": The Official Investigation

24 Declassified Operation Hell Gate (24 Declassified) by Marc Cerasini24 Declassified Trojan Horse (24 Declassified) by Marc Cerasini24 Declassified Vanishing Point ("24" Declassified) by Marc Cerasini24 Declassified Collateral Damage by Marc Cerasini24 The House Special Subcommittee's Findings at CTU by Marc Cerasini"24" The Official Investigation by Marc Cerasini

Star Wars
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Anakin: Apprentice
I am a droid
I am a Jedi
Anakin's Fate
I Am a Jedi Apprentice

Star Wars Attack of the Clones, Anakin Apprentice (Jedi Readers, Step 4) by Marc CerasiniI am a droid by Marc CerasiniI am a Jedi by Marc CerasiniAnakin's Fate (Star Wars Episode I - Jedi Readers Step 4) by Marc CerasiniI Am a Jedi Apprentice by Marc Cerasini

Godzilla
Godzilla Returns
Godzilla at World's End
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla Vs. the Robot Monsters
The Official Godzilla Compendium: A 40 Year Retrospective

Godzilla Returns (Godzilla Ya Novels , No 1) by Marc CerasiniGodzilla at World's End (Official Godzilla) by Marc CerasiniGodzilla 2000  by Marc CerasiniGodzilla Vs. the Robot Monsters (Godzilla , No 3) by Marc CerasiniThe Official Godzilla Compendium A 40 Year Retrospective (Official Godzilla) by J.D. Lees

7th Heaven
Sisters Through the Seasons (7th Heaven
Drive You Crazy (7th Heaven
Rivals (7th Heaven
Sister Trouble (7th Heaven

Sisters Through the Seasons (7th Heaven(TM)) by Marc CerasiniDrive You Crazy (7th Heaven(TM)) by Marc CerasiniRivals (7th Heaven(TM)) by Marc CerasiniSister Trouble (7th Heaven(TM)) by Marc Cerasini

Misc Titles
Wolverine: Weapon X
SpongeBob SquarePants Movie: A novelization of the hit movie!
Cinderella Man
Wolverine: Violent Tendencies
Disney's Kim Possible: Grudge Match - Book #11
Disney's Kim Possible: Monkey Business - Book #6: Chapter Book
Alien Vs Predator
Disney's Kim Possible: Extreme - Book #10
The Revelation
The Showdown
The School of Mandy (Totally Spies!)
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius
The Siege
The Pink Panther Gets Lucky
ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE
Twelve Labors of Hercules
The Pink Panther's Just Desserts
The Getaway
Nacho Libre Movie Novelization
Jurassic Park (TM) III Movie Storybook
When Nature Calls:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (A Stepping Stone Book
Heroes: U.S. Marine Corps Medal of Honor Winners
Diana: Queen of Hearts
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Movie
Navy Seals: Undersea Commandoes
Big Machines, Cars and Trucks
Eloise at the Plaza: Movie Novelization

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments I read the first in the ghost detective series a couple of years ago and liked it. Might check out another of those. I've never gotten into the Coffeehouse books. I read one or 2 and they just didn't grab me.

message 5: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I don't have any of the coffeehouse books but I have the first 5 Haunted Bookshop books to read.

message 6: by Sherrie (last edited Feb 13, 2011 05:31PM) (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 418 comments I will read On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7335 comments This is the perfect excuse for me to finally read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure. I've read two other books in the series but never the first! Now I can see how it all started.

message 8: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 661 comments I've read all the Coffeehouse mysteries and the Haunted bookstore ones as well. I'm hoping there will be more in the latter series!

message 9: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Copp (caitkom) | 199 comments Woohoo! I am super excited about this. I have already read the first Haunted Bookstore book, so I think I will read On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle

Mary  (Biblophile) | 4500 comments I've read all of the Haunted Bookstore series so far and love the ghostly aspect. However, I just couldn't get into the Coffeehouse mystery series. Didn't like the writing style, and the main character was annoying.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) | 63 comments Hooray! this is my favorite cozy series!
I've only read the first Alice Kimberly book..fun!

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) Linda wrote: "This is the perfect excuse for me to finally read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure. I've read two other books in the series but never the first! Now I can see how it all started."

I just bought the first one in the series from some of the other posts. So I can read that one.

message 13: by Monique (last edited Feb 17, 2011 11:36AM) (new)

Monique (mmyap) | 4 comments Oh yippee, I just located Wreath of Deception, The Ghost and Mrs. McClure and the first Kate Carlisle Bibliophile books on my library website. Requests have been issued!

I have read the first Cleo Coyle Coffee House book and really enjoyed it. My only concern is that it could be an expensive series. When I started reading Laura Childs Tea Shop mysteries I became a real tea snob and have a pantry stocked with horrendous amounts of tea. I have a feeling coffee inspired mysteries may result in the same. I'm highly suggestable. =0)

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan hahaha Monique!!! I love coffee so I could see it becoming a problem for me too!

message 15: by Merrill (last edited Feb 17, 2011 02:21PM) (new)

Merrill Heath | 3 comments I read On What Grounds and enjoyed it. I love coffee and really liked the in depth info about everything. I could picture the sites and smell the coffee brewing. I plan to get back to that series when I have a little more time to read.

Merrill Heath
Alec Stover Mysteries

message 16: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3839 comments Mod
I think I'll read On What Grounds, as it's in my TBR ;-) Anyway, I don't think I get more interest on coffee, I already have enough :-D

message 17: by 4cats (new)

4cats (fourcats) wow am reading my first cozy crime and its alice kimberly The Ghost and Mrs. McClure am really enjoying it.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) | 63 comments Monique wrote: "Oh yippee, I just located Wreath of Deception, The Ghost and Mrs. McClure and the first Kate Carlisle Bibliophile books on my library website. Requests have been issued!

I have read the first C..."

that's hilarious!

message 19: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 97 comments Awesome - an excuse to grab my coffeehouse mysteries from Mt TBR :) I loved the first one, and have the rest up to Holiday Grind to read. It's been a couple of years though so I'll probably start at the beginning.

message 20: by adlin (last edited Feb 25, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

adlin | 101 comments I've read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop, #1) by Alice Kimberly and found it okay. It wasn't a bad read. I've not been driven to read any other books in the series. I might give On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle a try.

message 21: by Michelle (last edited Feb 22, 2011 10:39AM) (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) | 63 comments I'm starting Roast Mortem by Cleo Coyle. I just love this series :)

message 22: by Salena (new)

Salena (salenamom23) | 19 comments The coffeehouse mysteries are some of my favorites! I will read Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4) by Cleo Coyle and Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffehouse Mystery, #5) by Cleo Coyle

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathmac) | 6 comments I just bought The Ghost and Mrs. McClure. It looks like a fun read. I'd love to know how the authors collaborate to write their novels. Any chance that they'll visit Goodreads?

message 24: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 26, 2011 08:54AM) (new)

Kathy, I tried to find a way to contact the authors but never found a way. They are both listed as Goodreads authors but you can't friend or message them, no profile like members have that many authors have. I looked through their official website but no "contact us" option was available anywhere. I've tried invited any author we feature (that's living) to let them know they were chosen and give them the option of dropping by if they would like to. Some have visited. Another stayed in contact via email since she wasn't familiar with navigating Goodreads.

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathmac) | 6 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Kathy, I tried to find a way to contact the authors but never found a way. They are both listed as Goodreads authors but you can't friend or message them, no profile like members have that many aut..."

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

message 26: by Mary (new)

Mary (resort) | 138 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Kathy, I tried to find a way to contact the authors but never found a way.

I think you can find Cleo Coyle on Facebook and send a message that way.

message 27: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 550 comments I think I'm going to read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop, #1) by Alice Kimberly

message 28: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (bookwormfromathens) | 706 comments The Coffee House Mysteries and the Haunted Bookshop Mysteries are simply AWESOME! Definitely two cozy series not to be missed!

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 391 comments I'm going to start On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle today-- the raving about this series has finally forced me to bump this up on my list, and the featured author timing is great!

message 30: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 322 comments I finished Espresso Shot today. It was nice to visit the world of the coffeehouse again and (view spoiler)

message 31: by Donna (new)

Donna | 27 comments I've started Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle and will also read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop, #1) by Alice Kimberly .

message 32: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7335 comments I finished The Ghost and Mrs. McClure over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Reminded me of how much I've enjoyed other books in the series and I hope to get to read the others I haven't read yet.

message 33: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Finished

On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle

and pulled

Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle

and

Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle

moved them to the top of TBR pile.

message 34: by adlin (last edited Mar 08, 2011 05:18PM) (new)

adlin | 101 comments Just finished On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle . It wasn't bad, though I thought the mystery could have been stronger. I'm also not a coffee drinker, so that was at times, a bit over the top for me. Overall, though, I enjoyed the book. Probably won't read more in this series. Between this and Haunted Bookstore series, I'd choose the bookstore.

message 35: by Linda (new)

Linda B | 200 comments I read The Ghost and Mrs. McClure and I really enjoyed it. I liked the way Jack and Pen. solved the case together. I liked the characters.

message 36: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 97 comments I read the first eight coffeehouse mysteries, and even created a quiz. I loved all of them :)

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) | 63 comments Just finished Roast Mortem; I must admit, not my favorite of the series. Hoping the next one which is due out this summer is much more exciting.

message 38: by Salena (new)

Salena (salenamom23) | 19 comments I just finished Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4) by Cleo Coyle . It was good, but not my favorite of the series. I love the atmosphere of the Village Blend and really missed that in this book. I am starting Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffehouse Mystery, #5) by Cleo Coyle tomorrow!

message 39: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Nissen | 7 comments I read On What Grounds On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle a couple months ago and was hooked. It's what I consider an easy-going mystery series. Enjoyable (love the coffee insights), easy to read before bed, fun romantic escape. I'm now finishing Latte Trouble Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle .
After your comments, will start haunted bookstore series very soon!

message 40: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 661 comments I was hoping the next Haunted Bookstore book would be out soon but now I see it's not due until Jan 2012. : (

message 41: by Kelly24 (new)

Kelly24  | 7 comments I finally located a copy of "On What Grounds" from my local library and intend to read that next after I finish reading my current book "A Taste of Fame" (Pot Luck Catering Club book 2)

message 42: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Nissen | 7 comments Kathy wrote: "ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Kathy, I tried to find a way to contact the authors but never found a way. They are both listed as Goodreads authors but you can't friend or message them, no..."

From their website, it looks like you can tweet??? I think she would show up if we invited her that way. The website links to 3 videos of the authors talking about the coffeehouse mysteries. Very insightful and fun!

message 43: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I looked for a way to contact the author Barbara but could not find a way through all the obvious places. I figured if their that hard to contact, they must want to be left alone so quit looking.

message 44: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Copp (caitkom) | 199 comments Just finished On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle and really enjoyed it. I think I am going to read one of the Haunted Bookshop books next.

message 45: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 29 comments Ooh, I forgot to post but I read On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle back on March 4. I really enjoyed it, especially the characters. Although the flirtation with a married man seemed a little odd for a cozy. I'll have to check out the next book to see what happens with that.

And as someone else mentioned it makes me want to buy good coffee the way the Tea Shoppe books make me want good tea and the Michelle Scott books make me want good wine. So I'm off to go find a book that will make me want to live within my means! :)

message 46: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) I just finished The Ghost and Mrs. McClure. It started out slow for me, but I ended up enjoying it. I would read another one in this series to see if I like it more. I do like the premise of the ghost helping to solve the mystery.

I just started the first coffeehouse book tonight, and am actually liking that one better right from the start. That's a surprise for me because I would have guessed the bookstore series would have been more up my alley.

I had never read these authors before so it was a joy to try somebody new.

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy (julianka) | 38 comments I didn't like On What Grounds as much as I hoped (since I'm a coffee and NYC lover.) It was well-written but the characters were a bit snobbish, in my opinion. I did like The Ghost and Mrs. Mclure though. Great combination of classic hard nosed detective with modern day cozy amateur sleuth. I'll probably read more in this series.

message 48: by Salena (new)

Salena (salenamom23) | 19 comments I just finished Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffehouse Mystery, #5) by Cleo Coyle . It was really good to be back in the Village Blend!

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 391 comments Finished On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle . One of my deals with myself for this year was to read one book from several series I've collected but never read. This was one of them. I really liked it so the others will get read now. And I downloaded the Alice Kimberly now too! (uh, the TBR is going in the wrong direction...)

message 50: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) Don't the TBR always go in the wrong direction? I know it does in my house. I look at it like this way - it's like my in tray - it will never be empty because it's just fulfilling its purpose.

« previous 1