Mr. Seibert's Reading Class discussion

pg #61-85

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments on page 67 find one type of symbolism about cinna.explain what it means.based off your analysis what kind of person is cinna.

message 2: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments through out page 72 through 80 there is an exponential amount of figurative language,i want you to find three different types and explain what they mean.tell me what they have to do with the context.

message 3: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments D'onte wrote: "on page 67 find one type of symbolism about cinna.explain what it means.based off your analysis what kind of person is cinna." One type of symbolism on page 67 about Cinna is when Katniss describes Cinna as having a normal demeanor that masks a crazy person. I believe this means that Cinna acts as a regular person but looks like a crazy person. I am predicting that Cinna's style involves a variety of hues and different type of fabric. My analysis tells me that Cinna is a nice person but has different touch to him! I actually liked Cinna for being so different.

message 4: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments D'onte wrote: "through out page 72 through 80 there is an exponential amount of figurative language,i want you to find three different types and explain what they mean.tell me what they have to do with the context." The following simile is found on page 73: " But that dark and creaky thing that moves like a snail and smells of sour milk." This line is an example of a simile because this shows a comparison with "like" or "as" between two things. The comparison is between the elevator in District 12 and a snail and the smell of sour milk. This comparison tells me that the elevator in District 12 smells really bad and moves very slow. Next figurative language is the following: " We watch the people on the bottom floor shrink to little ants." This is also found on page 73, and this is a hyperbole because people can't really shrink to ants. However, I can understand that the higher Katniss went on the elevator the smaller the people below looked. The last figurative language is the following: " It floats down around my shoulders in a glossy curtain." This metaphor is found on page 75. This is a metaphor because it compares Katniss' hair and a curtain without using "like" or "as". This means that her hair is long and draping on her shoulders softly. I believe the author uses great figurative language throughout the story.