J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Nora's News (Newsletter) 2/11/11

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I don't know how many of you guys are signed up tp receive Nora's monthly newsletter so I figured I would post it's contents here for those of you that are interested. Lots of good info!

Dear Readers,

Western Maryland escaped the brunt of the most recent winter blast, but we’ve had our share of bad weather in the first five weeks of 2011. Winter is one of my favorite times to write because, while I may send my heroes and heroines out in the cold, I can stay inside and admire the snow from my office window.

I will leave the house for the upcoming signing at Turn the Page Bookstore on Saturday, February 19 from 12-2 pm. Treachery in Death will be available (at the signing only) three days before its February 22 on-sale date. When Treachery opens, Eve and Peabody are following up on a senseless crime: an elderly grocery owner is killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks.

But Peabody soon stumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's alone in the locker room when the door clatters open and an argument ensues. While trying not to be noticed, Peabody realizes that two fellow officers are crooked cops capable of corruption and murder. Now Peabody, Eve, and the entire team are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down, knowing all the while the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.

Joining me at the signing will be Grace Burrowes, Mary Burton, Stephanie Dray, Jeaniene Frost, Pamela Palmer, and local authors Mary Reed and Vaughn Ripley. We’re going to try something different at this signing – a virtual signing from 10:30-11:30 am the morning of February 19. All the authors will take part in a live Q&A that you can watch from your home. There is more information about the virtual signing at this link: avonromance.com/romancelive It will redirect to the event at 10:30 on February 19.

Whether you come out to the event or watch from home, we expect the signing to be a lot of fun.

There's been a lot of activity on the Nora Roberts Official Fan Page and the JD Robb Official Fan page on Facebook. It’s the place where you can get the most current information between newsletters.

One bit of information that's caught a lot of readers’ eyes is on the 2011 publishing schedule. Readers have asked many questions about September’s New York to Dallas (Is it an In Death? Is it the last book in the series?) I wanted to reassure you all that it’s a full-length In Death, and simply a one-time name change that reflects the story. There will be many more details later, but for now I’ll say it’s a case that involves the criminal from Eve’s first headline case after she leaves the Academy, and it pulls her out of New York to Dallas.

Looking forward, my 2011 hardcover romantic suspense will be released in April. I’ll have many more details about Chasing Fire in the next newsletter. If you want a early look, read the excerpt just post on my website. My new trilogy, The Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, will start with the release of The Next Always in November, but I’ll wait until early fall to fill you in on that series.

Well, back to work! I have next year’s first In Death, tentatively titled Celebrity in Death (see, it’s back to the regular titles!) in front of me.

It's Valentine's Day weekend and while my own definition of romance involves Bruce doing the dishes after I cook dinner, I was asked several months ago about what Prince William and his Kate could do to have a successful, happily ever after. My advice is part of a story in this weekend's USA Weekend supplement.

Hope you find your own laughter this Valentine's Day ~

Nora

Keep up with more Nora's News on NoraRoberts.com, JDRobb.com, Nora Roberts Official Fan Page and the J.D. Robb Official Fan Page on Facebook.

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina | 20 comments I'm signed up and also got the message. So super excited for the release of the next book. The New York to Dallas book comes out three days after my birthday. I wonder what it's going to be about.

message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Other than her going back to Dallas I'm not sure, but I do know that it will probably be a great one & tear-jerker no less.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments I got it too and I'm exited for the new book :)

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Lavey-Heaton | 1 comments I just realized that I now live a little over an hour from her bookstore. I'm thinking of making the trip down there Saturday morning before work. Granted, I won't be able to work with that book in my hands!

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I wouldn't either Megan...Roarke & Eve would be calling my name too loudly, lol.