Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Bloody Pulp Stomp

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
What was the worst Valentines Day you've ever had?

Mine was in 1998, when I was 21 and the boy I was completely mad for, had adored for two years and loved completely, dumped me over the phone.
My very good roomate drove me to Old Chicagos and bought me Long Island Iced teas until I was drunk enough not to care, then took me out with her friends to watch professional wrestling.

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments My fiance broke the engagement on Valentine's Day.

Bitch.

But it worked out for the best, as most things like this do.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i love that story sally. pro wrestling while drunk is the perfect finish to any valentines day

not sure i've had a worst one that stands out. this one will be diff because my sweetheart is away and i will spend the evening with my second gf lucy (a beagle). we will prob share a pork chop

message 4: by Michele (last edited Feb 14, 2011 06:36AM) (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments the worst valentine's day was 1955. I was in the 1st grade and failed to get a single valentine. Pretty much the story of my life.**However: hugs and kisses to all of you at terminal coffee. Happy Valentine's day.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I haven't had a bad Valentines Day since I met my wife.

message 6: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart My worst Valentine's Day was in first grade too! I wrote this boy a valentine, cut it in the shape of a heart, and he threw it in the trash without reading it!

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments Michele wrote: "the worst valentine's day was 1955. I was in the 1st grade and failed to get a single valentine."

Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Am I a jerk for not caring at all about Valentine's Day? I never have. I've gotten and given some nice valentines, but really it doesn't mean much to me. I'd rather make sure every day is a good one.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments Barb wrote: "I don't really remember too many ... chocolates, cards ... blah blah blah ... what does it really mean anyway?
Bah humbug."

Toss in a good porking and the day can be saved.

message 10: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3401 comments Pi, I'm with you. There are 364 other days that are just as important. What turns me off is the pressure on people to spend money in order to prove their love.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I can barely turn on the TV in the weeks leading up to it. All those diamond commercials make me gag.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24150 comments Mod
Because of the title, I get this confused with the menstruation thread.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24150 comments Mod
Funny photo from gawker.

"These four bros didn't seem too thrilled about celebrating the Hallmark holiday while riding the R train—presumably to meet the recipients of those bouquets—yesterday evening."