Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > DREAMS OF A DARK WARRIOR by Kresley Cole

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments Found DREAMS OF A DARK WARRIOR by Kresley Cole out early on Friday the 11th at my local Marsh store(grocery store around here) in the Indianapolis IN. area. I first checked walgreens and wally world with no luck then JACKPOT! I can't wait to read this one, hope others are as lucky as me.

message 2: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 248 comments I am really excited about this book too! I had it on pre order and now it is on the way! hopefully this week!

message 3: by Tobin (new)

Tobin | 19 comments Lucky!! I found the last one, Demon From the Dark a day early at Walmart, so I was planning on hunting it down tomorrow. Let us know what you think of it, I loved the excerpt!

message 4: by Kerlyaraujo (new)

Kerlyaraujo | 4 comments God how i envy you i live in peru so i kind of have to wait 2 weeks more before amazon sends it to me, it sucks to live so far away from all the autor godesess i have to literaly spill some blood so my book get's in time well have fun reading i cant wait to know what happens with lucia

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments OMG you guys are so lucky! D^:
I'm anxiously waiting for it to download to my kindle today!!!

message 6: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Was able to download it to my Nook at about 12:30am and I started it right away.

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Mine downloaded at 3:30 am EST and I happily read it all night/early morning. It was awesome! I still don't like the hero tho....

message 8: by Kerlyaraujo (new)

Kerlyaraujo | 4 comments oh please dont say that i have never read a kresley cole book and not want to steal the hero for myself i would hate for that to happen this time

message 9: by Pearl Reads (new)

Pearl Reads (pearl24) Im still in the middle of this series so im not yet on this book but glad it will be out by the time I getfurther into the series. Loving it so far.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Takizawa (malisht) | 5 comments I got it on my kindle and read it the same day. I just couldnt stop. Ive waited the last couple books to get to Regin and Aidans story. Now Im done and just so happy about it. It was so good that im gonna read it again today, just so I can take it all in. I cant wait for Lothaires story though and the anticipation is killing me!

message 11: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments I bought it yesterday and read the whole thing straight through. And I'm already ready for Lothaire's story!

message 12: by Lisa M (last edited Feb 20, 2011 08:27AM) (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments I stayed up until 2 a.m. to finish Dreams of a Dark Warrior, even though I had a love/hate relationship with Chase. I came around in the end, of course. I loved Regin's sense of humor and smart mouth! The book definitely needed her comic relief.

I, too, am ready for Lothaire's story. Should be a good one. And I'm sure we'll be seeing Rydstrom and Chase again when he calls in their vows to him.

message 13: by Suz (new)

Suz I finished it yesterday. I can't say that I came around to Chase in the end. I probably would have let him redeem himself and then killed him off anyway.

Am I the only person who thinks it's going to be Lothaire and Nix?

message 14: by Tobin (new)

Tobin | 19 comments Suz wrote: "I finished it yesterday. I can't say that I came around to Chase in the end. I probably would have let him redeem himself and then killed him off anyway.

Am I the only person who thinks it's goi..."

I kind of thought that it would be them too but he mentions that she is his nemesis and that his female is in some sort of trouble and that there is some time contingency in getting her back. Almost makes me think of Fury (sp?) but we already know that she's gonna wind up with the forebearer king. Also he hates valkeries. So yes it would be nice if it was Nix and Lothaire but I don't think that it is. I too was not totally sold on this book. Too many hurdles with Chase and I didn't like that at the end it was all "sorry I tortured you and your loved ones but tough shit, I'm here to stay" and everyone was ok with it.

message 15: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarar) | 23 comments Tobin wrote: "Suz wrote: "I finished it yesterday. I can't say that I came around to Chase in the end. I probably would have let him redeem himself and then killed him off anyway.

Am I the only person who thi..."

Just finished the book and totally agree w/ you in that I have a really hard time w/ what Chase did to the immortals to have it just forgiven w/ an "I'm sorry". I would have liked to see him redeem himself - then move into trying to win Regin. Another nice thing to do would have been to NOT warn Webb and to join w/ Regin and the rest of the team to take out the remaining Order compounds - which I'm sure are still torturing other immortals!!! Can't wait for Lothaire's story - and I agree w/ you again in that I don't think it's Nix. Still a fan of the series!!!

message 16: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments I'm really, really, really hoping that all we've heard that suggests that Lothaire's hea is NOT Nix is misdirection, because that's the pairing I'm rooting for, too. I haven't read DoDW yet, but I read a review that said it had some spoilers re: Lothaire's heroine. The reviewer wouldn't get any more specific, Gr! My current theory is Annika.

message 17: by Tara (new)

Tara (tarar) | 23 comments Ruby wrote: "I'm really, really, really hoping that all we've heard that suggests that Lothaire's hea is NOT Nix is misdirection, because that's the pairing I'm rooting for, too. I haven't read DoDW yet, but I ..."

I would love to see Nix get her HEA, but don't think it's Lothaire as good as that would be... But Annika - interesting thought.......

message 18: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
OOOHHH--I had another thought for Lothaire's HEA--what about the Valkyrie queen? And that's why Lothaire has been lurking, he's been hoping to pick up clues as to where she is.

I haven't had a chance to read my copy of DoaDW yeat--I'm saving it for my trip down to finish off cleaning out my Mum's house.

message 19: by Ruby (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "OOOHHH--I had another thought for Lothaire's HEA--what about the Valkyrie queen? And that's why Lothaire has been lurking, he's been hoping to pick up clues as to where she is."

Nope, I'm pretty sure that I've read that Furie is Kristoff's HEA.

message 20: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 374 comments My favorite in this series!! The characters are amazing and the teasers for future books are plentiful.

message 21: by Pansy (last edited Feb 22, 2011 03:58AM) (new)

Pansy | 739 comments This was a good book. Not one of my favorites but I liked it a lot. Regin was the best. I have always liked her. I also had a hard time getting over what Chase had done. I really like all the new characters. It will be interesting to see what "Tiger" can do. He was so cute.

message 22: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie | 57 comments I had NO idea this was out already! I thought it was a few more months before it would be released. Her IAD series is my favorite books series of all time to date. I am hoping I have luck at Wal-Mart finding it if I stop there soon.

message 23: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Yes Girl. I did not know it was out either until I saw downloaded on my Kindle. It snuck up on us. Go get it. Hot, Hot scenes!

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Takizawa (malisht) | 5 comments Suz wrote: "I finished it yesterday. I can't say that I came around to Chase in the end. I probably would have let him redeem himself and then killed him off anyway.

Am I the only person who thinks it's goi..."

Oh, I defenitely think its Lothaire and Nix. Anybody else is just not acceptable. He is defenitely the kinda guy that can handle her!

message 25: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie | 57 comments I just found this today. So happy! ^_^

message 26: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Lothaire will be another character I will have to learn to like. He is so mean at times that he will have to show a better side. The way he is described, he seems sexy as hell but...I don't know. I think he and Nix will definitely have a great story. It will be interesting to see another side of Nix. She is hilarious.

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Lothaire's book isn't coming out until Jan 2012 and it's going to be hardcover :(

message 28: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Tanya aka Frau Badass wrote: "Lothaire's book isn't coming out until Jan 2012 and it's going to be hardcover :("
Do you know the title?

message 29: by Joe (new)

Joe (Zedboy83) | 16 comments This might be my favorite PR series. It is the series I reread when waiting for something new.

But, this series to me works the best when it is funny. This was one of the less funny books, and I think it suffered for it.

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments I agree Joe DoaDW was not as funny as the previous books. It still was great, but I still dislike the hero.

Lisa M - Supposedley this is it:
www.goodreads.com/book/show/10790516-...

it's also on simon & schusters website (pocket books):
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Lot...

message 31: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments I thought this installment was really interesting and slow moving at the same time. Regin is one of my fave, and it's nice to see her HEA.

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments Pansy wrote: "Lothaire will be another character I will have to learn to like. He is so mean at times that he will have to show a better side. The way he is described, he seems sexy as hell but...I don't know. ..."

I'm definitely there with you. :)

message 33: by Leia (new)

Leia Shaw (leiashaw) | 20 comments ok. i have to be honest about this book. i hated it until about 1/3 of the way through. by the middle i was crying. by the end i was sobbing. now it's one of my favorites of hers. i still think i like lucia and garreth better though. sabine and rydstrom are hilarious though too. ah! too many good books to pick a favorite. but dark warrior is by far her deepest. now i can't wait for her next book. but i was in the lanthe and thronos camp for her next one, not lothaire. i'm not getting the white queen reference. anyone have any ideas?

message 34: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments Tanya aka Frau Badass wrote: "I agree Joe DoaDW was not as funny as the previous books. It still was great, but I still dislike the hero.

Lisa M - Supposedley this is it:
www.goodreads.com/book/show/10790516-...

it's als..."

That's a different kind of title for IAD! Sort of like using just Acheron for Dark-Hunter. Thanks, Tanya.

message 35: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Alice in Wonderland reference maybe? Some of her references can get really obscure. And some of them seem to be kind of foreshadowing for future books.

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Leia wrote: "i'm not getting the white queen reference. anyone have any ideas? "

I had assumed she was referring to chess when she said white queen. So I would assume that Furie is the white queen?!

message 37: by Suz (new)

Suz Someone got a blurb about the new book, or a quote or something that suggested that Lothaire's woman is some kind of evil. Way evil. I still don't know who it is, though.

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments Finished this the other day and I have to say, that Regin is my all time favorite!

message 39: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Regin is also my favorite. She is great. No nonsense. Kick ass.

Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak (tinky) | 30 comments Lothaire's Heroine!!!! From KC's FB page

*********BIG TIME SPOLIERS***********************

The cat's out of the bag! Lothaire's heroine is revealed. Her name is . . . Elizabeth Peirce, and she is the first mortal IAD protagonist, a character we've met before, not his original Bride, a being of untold power, and on death row. (And at least one of those statements is false) Which do you think are true? p.s. for those of you who'd wondered if his heroine would be Nix . . . I've had her hero picked out from the very beginning of this series (he's the only one who can handle Nucking Futs). Lothaire and Nix have a surprising history though, and in the future, you'll see why they could never be more than just friends/enemies :) As a matter of fact, several shocking secrets will be revealed in this book . . .

message 41: by Danielle (last edited May 14, 2011 07:10AM) (new)

Danielle (dwinje) | 277 comments I have to agree with a lot of the posts, a little slow at first but LOVED it, course I'm a huge fan of the whole series KC would have to do something pretty horrible for me to be unhappy with her. Regin is a fantastic character, she never fails to make me laugh, I really enjoyed seeing the whole side of her.

Thanks Tanya for your post on up coming books, I seriously can't wait for Lothaire's and Nix's books!