The 104 Book Challenge - 2011 discussion

Adriatika's 2011 Book List

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Adriatika (last edited Feb 15, 2011 05:51PM) (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments 11. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Started as "great!" Ended as "just okay."

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 134 comments I agree- I was hoping for a better story with such a cool cover. :)

How was My Soul to Take?

message 4: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments Yeah, the story definately didn't live up to the cover. :(

I loved My Soul To Take! It was kind of the opposite of The Replacement, it started off kinda boring, but by the end, I couldn't wait to read the next book :)

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 134 comments Good to know, thanks. It's on my someday to be read list! :)

message 6: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments 12. Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

It was really good :)

message 7: by Adriatika (last edited Mar 10, 2011 09:51PM) (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments 13. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

AMAZING!!! So, so good! To me, as good, if not better, than The Hunger Games! :)

message 8: by Corrine (new)

Corrine | 47 comments Adriatika, since you gave me such a high opinion of the Vampire Academy series I've decided to check it out. I got a Nook and it was the first book I bought for it. I'm about halfway through and I definitely like it better than I thought I would. I won't be able to decide if I'm going to continue with the series until I finish this one, which won't be long! Thanks for the suggestion :)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sb3626) I read both Matched and Delirium and the reminded me way to much of each other which made me dislike the books. Did you feel that way?

message 10: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments Corrine,

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it! I hope you continue with the series :)

message 11: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments Sarah,

Matched and Delirium DID kind of remind me of each other, but I think only because they were both dystopians with release dates close to each other.

I think all dystopians are similar to each other since they all basically have the same setup: our world, in the future, with an out of control (or over controling) government, but they all do it in a different way. Like I said, these two books just happened to be released pretty close together. Kind of like how people are always comparing Hush Hush and Fallen.

It didn't make me dislike the books at all, I liked Matched a lot when I read it, and when I read Delirium a few weeks later, I absolutely loved it.

They do have a lot of similarities. They're both about an over controlling government doing things and telling peopole that "it's for your own good" but the things the governments did and how Cassia and Lena handled these situations were different.

Matched was about having someone chosen for you by the government and having to learn to love that person, while Delirium was about a world without love (or really any emotions) at all. Of course, there is more to both stories than that, but that's basically how I would put it.

Sorry for that really long reply, lol :)

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Strand (jenniferstrand) | 155 comments Mod
Oooooo! LOVE your reading list.

message 13: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments Thanks, Jennifer :)

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sb3626) It was nice and thanks!

message 15: by Adriatika (last edited Mar 10, 2011 09:51PM) (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments 14. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Amazing!

I almost finished it in one sitting, but I started it at midnight and ended up only reading the first half til 4 am, when I finally decided that sleep might be more important than reading, lol :)

(13 was going to be Going Bovine by Libba Bray, but I ended up only getting 1/3 through it and putting it down. I wanted to read it, and I still do, it sounds interesting, but I guess I just wasn't in the mood for that book right now.)

message 16: by Adriatika (new)

Adriatika | 12 comments 15. Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead
16. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Both were 4/5 starsl good, but not great. I was kind of disappointed in Iron Crowned, Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors :(