Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Authors > Feeling like an author... what a a feeling!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Burnham (jcburnham) I thought I would share the great news with my friends here that I have been invited to participate in the El Segundo author fair. I can't tell you how excited I am. All of the hard work that went into writing my novel is paying off. What a great day!

message 2: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 5 comments Wow..congratulations, James. A historical day..I hope you are swamped with fans!

Cheers,
Lady Ellen

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments aw yay! congrats!!!!

message 4: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Congratulations James! Your book looks pretty interesting! Also, my mother's whole family is from Ponca City (small world!). I have a miniature statue of the pioneer woman on my desk at home!

message 5: by J.C. (new)

J.C. Burnham (jcburnham) I love that! I get back every couple of years to visit family. Good memories!

message 6: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Yes, it seems like a great place to grow up. My grandma was buried there about four years ago.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations, James. Fairs, conventions and events are a great way to connect with people. I started doing some last year and have doubled them this year.

You'll love it - but one tip - be interactive. Don't just sit there like some authors waiting to be approached - engage. If you can, bring something to catch people's attention. We play video book trailers and at one convention my daughter dressed up at the main female mortal in my fantasy series.