What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED New book about Laura Ingalls/Little House [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Sometime this week I read something about a book on Laura Ingalls Wilder/Little House on the Prairie. I'm pretty sure it was a new book because if I recall correctly I was reading something about upcoming books. Now I can't find it anywhere. :/ I think maybe the word "wild" was in the title, like Wild About Wilder?

Help?

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) | 47 comments I think you're thinking of the new Wendy McClure book, The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie, coming out in April? I noticed there's a Goodreads giveaway for it going on right now.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) That's it! I tried every combination of words I could think of on google and couldn't find it. My niece will love this book. Thanks!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments And, it's in the Goodreads' first-reads giveaway program.

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

25 copies are being given away on 2/28.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) Thanks Lisa. I've entered, but I rarely win the First Reads books! I think my ratio is currently about 1:30. :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments I've entered too. I've won 11 or 12 books, which I think is great. I'm sure I've entered to win for about 150 at least. Winning even one is terrific. I've seen some giveaways where there is only 1 or maybe even 25 copies being given away, but entrants in the thousands. The odds are not good to win any book. It's still fun to enter. I hope that you win, Royal Orangeness. I'm actually entered to win a second book also being given away on the 28th. I'm entered to win 4 or 5 right now. And I have one recently won book I plan to start later this evening.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) | 47 comments I'm glad that was it! For the life of me, I can't remember where I was reading about it recently.

Her Royal Orangeness (onlyorangery) @Lisa - I know the odds aren't great for the book giveaways, but it's still fun to enter. :)

@Cindy - Even if you don't remember *where* you saw it, I'm glad that you could recall the title. Thanks for your help!

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Her Royal Orangeness wrote: "@Lisa - I know the odds aren't great for the book giveaways, but it's still fun to enter. :)."

I think so too. I'm entered in one that's closing at midnight tonight. My odds are even poorer than usual because I won another book very recently, but I'd love to win this one. But, either way, it's fun to try, and fun to peruse the list of books up for giveaway.