SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Book Recommendations & Favorites > Completed Series worth reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (incababy32) | 5 comments I am so over waiting a year for the next book in a series so I am trying to make an effort to read completed series - um my waistline would be smaller if I had more willpower but still...I am going to make the effort. I have screwed up twice lately and failed to do adequate research and will now be stuck for several more years on a couple of series.

Here are a couple that I have already read
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione

message 2: by Qylie (new)

Qylie | 6 comments Have you looked into joinning the book group called Romance series lists?

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

I believe they have the lists you are currently seeking.

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28434 comments I hear ya, Kelli. Waiting stinks! It's so much fun to be able to jump right into the next book in a series you find you enjoy.

Thanks for sharing the link, Qylie. There's also a Paranormal Series Lists group.

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28434 comments Some completed series I've enjoyed:

Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series - 1st book: Full Moon Rising
Stephanie Rowe's Immortally Sexy series - 1st book: Date Me, Baby, One More Time
Molly Harper's Jane Jameson series - 1st book: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
Caitlin Kittredge's Nocturne City series - 1st book: Night Life

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Date Me, Baby, One More Time (Immortally Sexy, Book 1) by Stephanie Rowe Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Night Life (Nocturne City, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge

message 5: by Miss (new)

Miss | 259 comments Also Michele Rowen's Immortality Bites series.
Loved that one.

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (everlyxana) | 6 comments I'm also looking for great UF series that are completed--which is really hard to find!!!! I love reading a complete series one after another without having to wait for the next one to come out!

Anyone have more great recommendations for completed series in the UF category (not vampire-related and not too romance-y)?

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Tanya did you check the list Kelli posted? Have you read those? If not, I would suggest the Fever series by Moning, not UF, but still awesomeness I would also suggest the Hunger Games trilogy.

message 8: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (everlyxana) | 6 comments I LOVED Hunger Games--I recently read them after the last one was released; really curious as to how the movie will be.

message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 242 comments Another really good trilogy is The Maze Runner, the third novel won't be out until October.

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Have you read Fever? I loved it.

Downside Ghosts by Kane is a trilogy that will be finished in September with the last release.

Disillusionist trilogy by Crane will be finished in December with the last release.

message 11: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (everlyxana) | 6 comments Tracy wrote: "Another really good trilogy is The Maze Runner, the third novel won't be out until October."

I'll have to check that one out, I like Dystopian genre. Thanks!

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 242 comments You're welcome Tanya!

message 13: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Tracy wrote: "Another really good trilogy is The Maze Runner, the third novel won't be out until October."

I added that to my TBR sometime ago...would you highly recommend it?

Regina wrote: "Have you read Fever? I loved it.

Downside Ghosts by Kane is a trilogy that will be finished in September with the last release...."

Actually, it's now scheduled for 5 books (yippee! Love Terrible! and Chess!) Unfortunately, book 4, Sacrificial Magic's release date is now March 27, 2012...I don't want to wait!

message 14: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Whattttt????!!!!!! :( Ah well, thanks for the news. The 5 book thingee is good. :)

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 242 comments Judithe wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Another really good trilogy is The Maze Runner, the third novel won't be out until October."

I added that to my TBR sometime ago...would you highly recommend it?

Regi..."

Judithe, if you liked The Hunger Games you will like The Maze Runner.

I have not ever read Fever. Who is it by?

I did read Gone, Hunger and Lies from the Gone series by Michael Grant. Gone was really good but I didn't much care for Hunger and Lies. There are 2 more to the series that I haven't read yet.

message 16: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Regina wrote: "Whattttt????!!!!!! :( Ah well, thanks for the news. The 5 book thingee is good. :)"

Hop over to her blog! So glad good things won't be ending (though unbelievably bummed about the later date)!

message 17: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Tanya the author is in my original post -- Moning. Here is the first book: Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 18: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Judithe I will, I follow her on twitter, but man! I am so glad you let me know.

message 19: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Oh Tracy...Fever is a treat! (Do have issues with Mac...but love the series!)

It's written by Karen Marie Moning and there are five in the series (#5 came out this year): Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

And I'm bumping up Maze Runner!

message 20: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Regina wrote: "Judithe I will, I follow her on twitter, but man! I am so glad you let me know."

I was doin' the happy dance when I first got that blog post!! I'll have to add her to twitter, too!!

message 21: by Tanya (last edited Jun 04, 2011 08:42AM) (new)

Tanya (everlyxana) | 6 comments It's written by Karen Marie Moning and there are five in the series (#5 came out this year): [bookcove..."

I was wondering if #5 Fever series is the last one...does she plan on writing more in this series??

message 22: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 242 comments I am adding these to my TBR list.

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelkiss) Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness - I just finished this series and was enthralled on every page. Complete and amazing. Add it to the list!

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Judithe wrote: "Regina wrote: "Judithe I will, I follow her on twitter, but man! I am so glad you let me know."

I was doin' the happy dance when I first got that blog post!! I'll have to add her to twitter, too!!"

Stacia is a fun person to follow. I also like to read Carolyn Crane's tweets, she has pretty funny ones. :) I am okay with pushing back Sacrifical Magic, I am guessing it means we will get a better book -- and I guess more time re-read!

message 25: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Tanya wrote: "It's written by Karen Marie Moning and there are five in the series (#5 came out this year): [bookcove..."

I was wondering if #5 Fever series is the last one...does she plan on writ..."

The Fever series is finished. There are possibilities of a spin-off involving some of the other characters, but the Fever-story is done. Glad it finished so well...but will miss the annual anticipation of a new book with JZB (the main male, and quite a fascinating one at that!)

message 26: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Regina wrote: "I also like to read Carolyn Crane's tweets, she has pretty funny ones. ..."

Hmmm...not sure I've read anything of hers yet. Was it you that recommended her....jeez...what thread was that??

message 27: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Angela wrote: "Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness - I just finished this series and was enthralled on every page. Complete and amazing. Add it to the list!"

That looks really good!

Added!

message 28: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Judithe, the series has been mentioned alot on SOS -- Mind Games (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #1) by Carolyn Crane it is a fun series. :)

I plan on reading the chaos series next month too.

message 29: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments Yeah...I now remember it. And I as waiting to see what would happen as she was searching for a publisher. Now, that's set, so time to get the series!!!

message 30: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) | 1603 comments Angela wrote: "Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness - I just finished this series and was enthralled on every page. Complete and amazing. Add it to the list!"

I second this one--loved this trilogy.