YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Single Books > If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) I know Isamlq has just read it, but has anyone else?

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

Anyone excited about Where She Went?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I have it loaded onto my ereader but haven't gotten to it yet.

Sounds good though.

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I might get it from the library soon it looks good.

message 4: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments I really liked this book, I also loved the ending. :D

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) I love the trailer for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrpMNX...

Reading the book I really didn't know which way it was going to go. I actually read the book in one sitting and I did cry.

I did find it quite American though, I can't remember why (it was 18 months since I read it!) I think it had something to do with the music or something? But it was a very easy read.

message 6: by Isamlq (last edited Feb 13, 2011 02:29AM) (new)

Isamlq *woot!* I love that trailer but it this was the one that got me to read it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj03Qm...

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) Whoa! I didn't like watching the first trailer because of the car crash but it never came, that one was quite sudden. I loved the flying glass and that they kept the same music.

Was that trailer the same as your books cover?

message 8: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Piper wrote: "Whoa! I didn't like watching the first trailer because of the car crash but it never came, that one was quite sudden. I loved the flying glass and that they kept the same music.

Was that trailer..."

yup, it's got the same cover (gorgeous, me thought...) I am also very excited about WHERE SHE WENT... I've read a couple of favorite lines from reviews and those got me even more excited. I do concur with some of those who have read WSW, that a HEA is what's needed.

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) HEA?

We have If I Stay by Gayle Forman in the UK.

message 10: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq Piper wrote: "HEA?

We have If I Stay by Gayle Forman in the UK."

HEA = happily ever after... (but I doubt that that's going to happen.)

message 11: by Carina (new)

Carina If I Stay was ok for me. But hearing some of the comments about where the story is going with Where She Went, I am in no hurry to read book 2.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 37 comments This book was amazing! It definitely made me cry. It was so emotional.

message 13: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) | 124 comments i saw this in a book order as If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman and it's on my to-read list

message 14: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 233 comments If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman That's the copy I own. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I read it, it was pretty good. If I had to rate it out of a 100 I would give it a 85.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda i have a copy of my own.... i cant wait 2 read it :)

If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman

message 17: by Erum (new)

Erum | 6 comments I loved both of them!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

supa

message 19: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 140 comments i LOVED BOTH BOOKS

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments My Book Club is reading this book. I was kinda reluctant and still kinda am but we'll see how it goes

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
How is this book? ive head both good and bad things. it looks good!!

°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・ (weresvsvamps) I read both of the books and they are really good. I ended up crying at some point becuase of the emotions in it. The first book, If I Stay is in Mia's pov, where she has to make the decision to live, when her whole family died, or live for the people that care about her and face the grief of living without her family. The second book is in Adam's pov and tells about the decisions he made so far after the accident that happened to Mia. He also contemplates what he will do for his future. These are really good stories about love and loss and I really recommend this.

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (autenl) | 1 comments I loved both of these books. I heard that they were making a movie.

message 24: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) | 124 comments When the movie came out, everyone was all like, ""Oh, If I Stay was so good, I cried, it was so emotional, that guy was hot" and I would ask them if they had or were going to read the book. They would just give me a weird look. -_-