Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Blog Promotion > Doubleshot Reviews

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Feb 12, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

Heather Faville (headshotheather) Hello,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce my blog to you all. It is called Doubleshot Reviews (http://doubleshotreviews.com) and it is a book review site. My friend Rachelle and I are the main reviewers along with the occasional guest reviewer. I love all genre, but as my husband is a horror author I have had a ton of contacts in that genre so I mainly review horror/dark fantasy novels/novellas and short stories. Rachelle likes the mystery/thriller/suspense and dark fantasy genre's. However neither of us are opposed to branching out with other types.

We also do author interviews, which is a lot of fun!

My rating system is espresso based
Decaf - why bother
Single - one time read, borrow rather than buy
Double - definitely a one time read, ok to purchase possible read potential
Triple - good one to buy and reread, suggest to friends
Quad - put down the coffee and go buy this book!

I try to keep my reviews to the length it takes to drink a regular size cup of coffee. Our reviews are our opinion....even if I don't like a book I hope if it sounds interesting to someone else they will give it a shot.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Cute! I love the name and the rating system! Coming your way to check out what you two have got going.

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Heather, Like the picture & name. How'd you get the skull in the froth? I'm guessing you did a little editing of the original picture? Very cool. :)

message 4: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I have to agree with Rachel and Lisarenee. The rating system and picture are pure genius.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Faville (headshotheather) Rachel wrote: "Cute! I love the name and the rating system! Coming your way to check out what you two have got going."

Thanks...I was trying to come up with something that was cute, but yet went alone with my "zombie killer moniker" Headshot Heather AND my thought on a coffee based dealio. Thus Doubleshot (coffee and, unless I'm short on ammo, I'm doubleshotting that zombie just to be sure LOL)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Lol. Nice. I don't drink coffee but maybe three times a year and only in winter. Too much caffiene for me. However, when I hear "doubleshot" I do thing of alcohol. Hahaha.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Faville (headshotheather) Lisarenee wrote: "Heather, Like the picture & name. How'd you get the skull in the froth? I'm guessing you did a little editing of the original picture? Very cool. :)"

Thanks!!
Actually I have no idea who did the image I am using I found it on a website while looking for images, I contacted the person and was told that it was a public image, so I snagged it. I eventually want to do something that is MINE that is still similar, but that works for now until I get the a) money to pay a designer and b) have enough traffic on my site to make it worth the money.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Faville (headshotheather) Sashana wrote: "I have to agree with Rachel and Lisarenee. The rating system and picture are pure genius."

Thank you Sashana. I can take credit for the rating system, but alas not for the picture. Although if I ever find out who did do it I would totally give credit and pay to have one made specifically for DSR.