So Many Great Books So little time discussion

You loved it! Now, quote it!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) Share a quote from that special book. The one that left you thinking, the one that left you gasping, sobbing, tearing at kleenx... Or just left you sighing, grinning and giggling for hours after you closed the book.

message 2: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Jodi Picoult

"I am supposed to make exceptions for Jacob; it’s one of our unwritten house rules. So when we need to take a detour away from a detour sign (how ironic is that?) since it’s orange and freaks Jacob out, that trumps the fact that I’m ten minutes late for school."

p. 14

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle This is a hard one I am thinking :)

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

"Like the Bible said," Gary whispered, "man brought nothing into this world and he'll carry nothing out. Sometime we care about stuff too much. We worry when there's nothing to worry about.

message 5: by Erin E (last edited Feb 25, 2011 06:18AM) (new)

Erin E (elizamc) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson
Stieg Larsson

"It happened every year, was almost a ritual. And this was his eighty-second birthday. When, as usual, the flower was delivered, he took off the wrapping paper and then picked up the telephone to call Detective Superintendent Morell who, when he retired, had moved to Lake Siljan in Dalarna."

p. 1 - opening chapter

message 6: by Erin E (new)

Erin E (elizamc) Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky
Barbara Delinsky

"The doctor confirmed it. Lily was definitely pregnant. Learning that her daughter didn’t have a fatal disease, Susan was actually relieved—but only briefly. The reality of being pregnant at seventeen was something she knew all too well."

Chapter 2