Book Haven discussion

General > Valentine's Day. Favorite Love story.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babs88) | 6 comments I know. I know. You don't read 'romance,' but you probably have a favorite love story. My favorite is The Ladies of Missalonghi, by Colleen McCullough.

Happy Valentine's Day.

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments i liked The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Oh, man. I don't read that kind of book at all ... I'm going to have to give this a lot of thought and brain-wracking before I can answer!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments Love Story by Eric Segal

message 5: by Clara (new)

Clara | 11 comments Barb wrote: "I know. I know. You don't read 'romance,' but you probably have a favorite love story. My favorite is The Ladies of Missalonghi, by Colleen McCullough.

Happy Valentin..."

I just ordered your book at another site Barb... thanks. I love reading love stories.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandylivvy4) Nicolas Sparks - The Notebook !!!

message 7: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Okay, so last year, I did read a romance because it was free for kindle and I really liked it, so I'm going to post that, for now, will update if I realize that I've read another love story and liked it better ...

Critical Care

And Marley & Me: Love and Life with the World's Worst Dog was kind of a love story ... do dogs count? (and his wife, there's a lot of cute things about his wife)

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 2233 comments This is my Beloved by W. Benton (poetry)

message 10: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments i think pets do count when it comes to unconditional love. that's who is in my life. my cat rescue.

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Outlander would be mine.

message 12: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 654 comments Without a doubt, it's Outlander for me too.:-)
Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah | 13 comments I cried buckets over The Time Travellers Wife, and I also loved Jane Eyre too.