Clean Romances discussion

Contests & Giveaways > Calling for donations: 600 members celebration!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce, Group Creator (last edited Feb 18, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Wow! Did anyone else notice that we've passed 600 members of the Clean Romances Group??? I'd say that calls for another celebration giveaway, wouldn't you? So...calling all you clean romance authors out there! Who'd be willing to donate a copy of one of your books for a 600 member celebration giveaway? We'll also welcome gently used copies of clean romances donated by ANY member of our Clean Romances group, as well. If you'd like to donate a book or books, please leave a comment with your name, title of your book, format (hard copy or e-book), and whether your giveaway is USA only, USA/Canada, or International.

We'll keep a running list of the donations here:

Loyalty's Web, by Joyce DiPastena, print copy, USA only
Illuminations of the Heart, by Joyce DiPastena, print copy USA ONLY
Calling the Shots, by Ellen Hartman, donated by Delaney, gently used print copy, USA only
No Cure for the Broken Hearted, by Kenneth Rosenberg, print copy, USA only
The Crown of Anavrea, by Rachel Rossano, print copy, USA only
Life, Liberty, and Pursuit, by Susan Kaye Quinn, print copy, USA only
A Very Merry Chase, by Teresa Thomas Bohannon, PDF, International
No Place for a Lady (Heart of the West, #1), by Maggie Brendan, donated by Lisa, gently used print copy, USA only
She Walks in Beauty, by Siri Mitchell, donated by Elizabeth, gently used print copy, USA only
Lady of Quality, by Georgette Heyer, donated by Cindy, gently used print copy, USA only
Over the Moon, by Diane Daniels, print copy, USA only
The Pirate And The Puritan, by Mary Clayton, e-book, International
Arms of an Angel, by Linda Boulanger, print copy, USA only
Betrayal, by Jaimey Grant, e-book, International
Deception, by Jaimey Grant, e-book, International
Must've Done Something Good, by Cheryl Cory, print copy, USA/Canada
Josette, by Danielle Thorne, e-book, International
The Honorable Marksley, by Sherry Lynn Ferguson, print copy, International
Quiet Meg (Avalon Romance), by Sherry Lynn Ferguson, print copy, International

message 2: by Delaney (last edited Feb 12, 2011 12:25PM) (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Great milestone! Wow. I can donate Calling the Shots by Ellen Hartman, a Harlequin Super Romance.

http://delaneydiamond.com

message 3: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Rosenberg | 8 comments You bet, I'll donate one hard copy of No Cure for the Broken Hearted by Kenneth Rosenberg, USA only.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 59 comments Count me in:

The Crown of Anavrea, by Rachel Rossano, hard copy, USA only

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Quinn (susan_kaye_quinn) | 3 comments Sounds great! I'll donate a copy of my book, Life, Liberty, and Pursuit (by Susan Kaye Quinn).

message 6: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (ladysilk) | 11 comments I'll donate a personalized PDF of my Regency Romance novel, A Very Merry Chase.
A Very Merry Chase

message 7: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Delaney wrote: "Great milestone! Wow. I can donate Calling the Shots by Ellen Hartman, a Harlequin Super Romance.

http://delaneydiamond.com"

Thanks, Delaney! Is this a hard or e-copy (I'm guessing hard?) and do you want it to be USA, USA/Canada, or an International giveaway?

message 8: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Teresa wrote: "I'll donate a personalized PDF of my Regency Romance novel, A Very Merry Chase.
A Very Merry Chase"

Thank you, Teresa! Since you're offering a PDF, I put it down for an international giveaway. If you'd like me to change that, please let me know. Thanks!

message 9: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Sounds great! I'll donate a copy of my book, Life, Liberty, and Pursuit (by Susan Kaye Quinn)."

Thanks, Susan! Is this a hard copy or e-book, and would you like to offer it as a USA only, USA/Canada, or International giveaway?

message 10: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) Joyce, it's a hard copy, so USA giveaway only.

message 11: by Susan (last edited Feb 12, 2011 05:15PM) (new)

Susan Quinn (susan_kaye_quinn) | 3 comments Same for me - hard copy, so USA giveaway only. Thanks! Also, I can personalize it.

message 12: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thanks Delaney and Susan!

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 37 comments This group seems to grow faster and faster. I know I've gotten lots of great suggestions by being part of it.

I have a print copy of No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan that I can donate to someone in the U.S.

message 14: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (ladysilk) | 11 comments Joyce wrote: "Teresa wrote: "I'll donate a personalized PDF of my Regency Romance novel, A Very Merry Chase.
A Very Merry Chase"

Thank you, Teresa! Since you're offering a PDF, I put it down for ..."

Yes. International will be fine.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (LibbysLibrary) | 2 comments I would be happy to donate a PB copy of SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY, by Siri Mitchell. US only, please.

message 16: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thank you, Lisa and Elizabeth!

message 17: by Cindy (new)

Cindy I have a very nice condition paperback copy of LADY OF QUALITY by Georgette Heyer that I can donate to the cause. (USA)

message 18: by Diane (new)

Diane Daniels | 7 comments Joyce wrote: "Wow! Did anyone else notice that we've passed 600 members of the Clean Romances Group??? I'd say that calls for another celebration giveaway, wouldn't you? So...calling all you clean romance author..."
I will donate OVER THE MOON by me, Diane Daniels. US only.

message 19: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Fantastic! Thanks, Cindy and Diane!

message 20: by Monya (new)

Monya (monyamary) | 61 comments Joyce - since I'm in Australia, can only donate pdf. copy of THE PIRATE AND THE PURITAN. Postage to anywhere overseas is heavy from here in Oz. That okay?

Monya (aka Mary)

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda Boulanger (linda_boulanger) | 17 comments I'll donate a copy of my current release, "Arms of an Angel" and can do e-book and/or paperback (paperback US only)
Arms of an Angel
(apology for still not knowing how to properly link here on Goodreads!)

Linda

message 22: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (last edited Feb 14, 2011 07:21AM) (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
I'll donate an eBook copy of Betrayal and an eBook copy of Deception, two different winners, international. :o)

message 23: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylcory) | 5 comments I'm happy to donate a new first edition paperback of Must've Done Something Good (USA/Canada only). Hooray for 600! :D

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Thorne (daniellethorne) | 164 comments I'll donate an ebook copy of my Regency, JOSETTE.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy (fantasydream3) | 3 comments Do you accept young adult romances for donation? I have some teen romances that I can donate.

message 26: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
You guys are amazing! The e-copies are great. I like a nice mix of hard and e-copies so our international members can win prizes, too. :-)

Amy, yes, we will definitely accept YA romances, as long as they're clean.

message 27: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Sherry Lynn wrote: "I can donate two early books, hardbacks: The Honorable Marksley and Quiet Meg. I'll send them anywhere (they're not too heavy) but the recipients may have to wait a while!"

These look great! Thanks, Sherry Lynn!

message 28: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
My apologies to everyone for taking so long to get this giveaway off the ground! I'll get it going next week, I promise! Anyone who wants to continue to contribute books in the meantime, by all means, continue to jump in.

message 29: by AMythicalBeast (last edited Mar 06, 2011 12:58PM) (new)

AMythicalBeast Hi. I have five books of the Mercy Thompson series Mercy Thompson Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone crossed, Silver Borne) in PDF. I would like to donate these if the giveaway is still open to donations.
I fall into the international delivery group, of course.
Just one thing: in the fourth book the protagonists have sex, but it isn't described, while in the fifth book the author uses indirect and vague expressions to shortly depict another encounter. Both incidents are more emotional than sexual. Oh and in the third book there is a rape scene which is implied but not depicted.
Warning: There is necessary nudity in the books (but again, nothing sexual) because its a Urban Fantasy series with werewolves and shape-shifters.
So, do these books qualify?

message 30: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
You can't actually give away PDFs, unless you are the author or publisher of the book in question, or you have permission from the author or publisher to do so. It's considered eBook piracy to share it otherwise.

Also, I think the deadline for donations is over since Joyce has posted the entry thread, but I could be wrong about that. I'll let Joyce field that one.

message 31: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Honour, I really appreciate your offer! But yes, the deadline for donations for this giveaway is over. Plus Jaimey is right about not giving away PDF's unless you're the author. The 5th book does sound questionable for our group. If you had hard copies for the first few books in the series, maybe for our next giveaway?

Thanks again!