Austin, Texas Readers discussion

Anyone know of any good authors coming to speak in Austin?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christie (new)

Christie  L. | 3 comments I'm so out of the Austin book/writing loop right now, so does anyone know of some talks/ lectures/ book tours/ seminars for authors or writers coming up in Austin?

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie  L. | 3 comments Awesome, Thanks Brian :)

message 3: by Carl (new)

Carl Webb (carlwebb) | 2 comments Authors examine Afro-Latin@ roots in new book

February 15, 2011
4-5 p.m.

Co-editors Miriam Jiménez Román and Juan Flores speak about their new book "The Afro-Latin@ Reader: History and Culture in the United States." Jiménez Román is the executive director of afrolatin@ forum, a research and resource center focusing on black Latin@s in the United States, and a visiting scholar in the Africana Studies Program at New York University. Flores is professor in the Department of Social and Cultural Analysis at New York University and former director of CUNY's Center for Puerto Rican Studies. He has been a member of the Board of Directors of the New York Council on the Humanities and has consulted for the Smithsonian Institution and the Rockefeller Foundation.

Contact: Arturo Arias | 512-232-4549 or arturo_arias@mail.utexas.edu

Sponsor: The Department of Spanish and Portuguese

Admission: Free

The Afro-Latin@ Reader: History and Culture in the United States

message 4: by Christie (new)

Christie  L. | 3 comments Hi Carl,

Oooh nice! That sounds totally up my alley :)

By the way, I like your blog!

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Mallery (susanmallery) | 2 comments I hope this is permissible, since it's in direct answer to a question asked...

I'll be coming to Austin in May. I have a signing scheduled at Book People on May 11. My next book, Already Home is set in the Austin area.

message 6: by Carl (new)

Carl Webb (carlwebb) | 2 comments Are you the same Susan Mallery on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SusanMallery

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Mallery (susanmallery) | 2 comments Carl wrote: "Are you the same Susan Mallery on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SusanMallery"

Yes, that's me, Carl.