Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: Threads, misc. > Kelley's Kindle Books to Lend

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) list to come

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Kelley- how do you know which Kindle books you can lend? I just got a Kindle yesterday (and bought a couple of books) and I don't see a lend feature anywhere (or in the users guide)...?

message 3: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) it's very hard to find which is why I havne't hunted them out yet. If you go to your Kindle account page and scroll down to where it shows the books in your library, it will say there if the book is lendable. But when you have a TON of Kindle books like I do this process is a pain in the rear since you can only see around 10 books in the library at a time.

Also, if you go to the book's page in teh Kindle store, up at teh top there is an orange banner that says if you already own the book and when you purchased it (provided of course you are logged in to amazon). That banner will also say if it is a lendable book.

I havne't noticed anythign on the books' pages when I'm browsing that says if they are lendable or not. So I guess you don't find out until after you buy it.

Some publishers tho have almost all their books as lendable, I've learned from Nook.
Penguin Putnam and all it's subsidiary publishers are usually lendable
Kensington and it's subs are usually lendable
Samhain is always lendable.

There are a few more I found but I can't recall them right now. I'm assuming that since these publishers are all allowing lending at Nook that they do at Amazon as well. I've not actually confirmed that though.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Thanks Kelley!! That is really helpful, and I see where you can tell if it's lendable now. My next question is.... do you know how to lend a Kindle book to someone?

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2011 06:24PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Megan, I can answer, I think. This is what Denise posted in WLLK group.

You do it from the Amazon site, you need the persons email address that you are loaning it to and the book is not available for you to read for 2 weeks, or until they "return" it. You do this under "manage my Kindle" scroll down to the books you own and when you click the + sign it will say if you can lend the book out. I do it through my ipad but through amazon site in safari. I have a kindle to lend shelf if anyone wants to borrow. Oh also you can only lend out the book once.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Thanks Lisa! Wow, that sorta stinks that you can only lend the book out once. Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing!

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Megan, I would like to practice sending you a book. I have made a bookshelf entitled: "Kindle-books-to-lend." Just pick one and let me know by sending me your e-mail address via Goodreads. Soon after I get your message you will get an e-mail from AMAZON (not from me) at your outside Goodreads e-mail.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2011 06:51PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Haven't done the list yet. Didn't realize you were on-line!

How about A Woman's Estate?

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Ok lets try that. I just sent you a personal message

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Megan, okay...I sent it! Did it work?

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Yes it did!

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Woman's Estate (other topics)