Stop Animal Cruelty discussion

How We Can Help > I ACTUALLY HELPED!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) Post here when you do something good to help animals. It could be something small like telling a friend about puppy farms and to adopt, or something huge like helping to organize an event for our cause. ANYTHING!

message 2: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) We adopted a puppy! and i want to start volunteering at the shelter in my town...i just gotta get my d.l. first lol

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) YAY!

message 4: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel Im working on volintering at a shelter
omg some of the cats are fat (not like ther overly obese and can harldy walk fat)

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Well, around the summer I volunteer as a camp counselor at a camp in northern Wisconsin - so there's not much around but woods and a lake. One of the things we try to do at the camp is to teach the kids about the nature around them - for example, we take them on horseback trail rides to show them the beauty of the woods and explain what berries are/aren't edible (actually, I just want to get to eat them '-_-), dive in the lake and look at the life down there...all sortsa stuff >.< And one of the oldest camp traditions is to, if you wake up early enough, go out and notice how at dawn, the sounds of the night animals transition into the sounds of the day animals xP So...yeah. Teaching kids to like nature, woot!

message 6: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel oh i wana go to that camp * mostly cus of the horse back rideing and lake and sunsets

message 7: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) ditto!

message 8: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel but i cant cus i live no were nere there WAAAAAAA

message 9: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Tehe, you guys should, it's soooo much fun!!! And people come from all over - this one girl comes all the way from Spain every year o.o

message 10: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel thats cool
i went to a religouse camp and there was a girl from i think portagural,
its the same there
its simmaler to yours
it has a lake

message 11: by Caitlan (last edited Feb 16, 2011 08:27PM) (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) wow, thats a long ways away....all the way from spain??

message 12: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Cassa - Hmmm, my camp had a bit of religion in it.... And that's cool ^-^

Kat - Right??? She said she does it to learn English but...I mean...why not just go to England? So much closer....

message 13: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel whats the camos anme

message 14: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Camp Anokijig (it means "We Serve" in some Native American language :P)

message 15: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel ohh i like the name

ohh i cant cus i live now were near there

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) I like the name too.

message 17: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hey can you put it dictoniary pronouncyation so i know how to say it

oh and is any one else a member on the aspce website??

message 18: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments xD Yay for people liking name! It's pronounced "Ah-nah-KEY-jih"

Not a member of ASPCE

"ohh i cant cus i live now were near there"
What?

message 19: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel i menat i cnart go to the camp, because were i live isnt even relitivly close to there

anyway I HEART THE NAME YAA FOR NATIVE AMERICAN NAMES

message 20: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) :)))))

message 21: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Oh OK...

And woot! ^-^

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (oerose) =D

message 23: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hmm so i have a questian did american name it or was it like used to be native american land so they kept the name sorta thing??
but the name is awsome WE SERVE it kinda souts our group dont you think

message 24: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Americans named it :P We're not that cool x]

message 25: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel !!
well they have good name chioce

But i think that Anokijig should be one of our sayings or what ever theyre called
cus it does sorta suit us!!

message 26: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel !!
well they have good name chioce

But i think that Anokijig should be one of our sayings or what ever theyre called
cus it does sorta suit us!!

message 27: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) yes it should! omg!

message 28: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel hey go check out my thing abot the wild horses too kk

message 29: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments lol sure....

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 6 comments saved a dog (Jack Russell) and walked him to the vet with my friend also going to start volunteering at a veterinary hospital

message 31: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 67 comments Good for you! ^-^

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 6 comments thanks:)