Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Member Reading Archive > Lisa's HP Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Feb 12, 2011 05:34PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 2011 Harlequin Presents Reading

1. The Sicilian Duke's Demand (Romance) by Madeleine Ker

2. Last Stop Marriage (Top Author) (Harlequin Presents, No 1785) by Emma Darcy

3. His Virgin Acquisition (Romance HB) by Maisey Yates

4. The Innocent's Dark Seduction (Harlequin Presents, #2855) by Jennie Lucas

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
Lisa, I would love to read more Madeleine Ker books.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments I have a couple of her books but haven't read it yet.

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Feb 12, 2011 05:39PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments I have 2 boxes of older Harlequin books that i have won from ebay. 1 case have most of her books. I have so many of the older Harlequin Presents books I don't know what to do with them.

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Feb 12, 2011 05:36PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 5. Wife in Public (Harlequin Presents) by Emma Darcy *****

6. The Unfaithful Wife by Lynne Graham ***

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
I love the oldie HP books. I'm sort of jealous of you, Lisa. Just kidding!

message 7: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments I am not kidding when I say I am jealous. Looking forward to your list. You can always re-sell the books that aren't your keepers back on ebay.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Maybe i should do that. Thanks. I tried to take it to a ubs to sell it. but they said that it's too old and they can't buy it.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 7. Too Hot to Handle  by Sarah Holland (3***)

8. A Savage Betrayal by Lynne Graham (4****)

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 9. Love Is the Honey (Atlantic series) by Violet Winspear (4****)

10. It All Depends On Love (Harlequin Presents, No 1363) by Roberta Leigh (3***)

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 11. Reckless Engagement (Collector's Edition / An Engagement of Convenience) by Daphne Clair (3 1/2***)

12. The Dark Side of Desire (Harlequin Presents, #1533) by Michelle Reid (4****)

13. So Much For Dreams (Harlequin Presents, No 1322) by Vanessa Grant (3***)

14. Friend or Foe (Harlequin Presents, #1215) by Jenny Arden (5*****)

15. Come Back to Me by Catherine George (3***)

16. City Cinderella (Promotional Presents, The Millionaire Affair) by Catherine George (5*****)

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 17. Her Singapore Fling (Harlequin Presents Extra #143) by Kelly Hunter (5*****)

18. Mail-Order Marriage and Husband by Inheritance (Harlequin Showcase) by Margaret Way (3***)

19. Aku Suka Kau Yang Dulu (The Boss and The Plain Jayne Bride) by Heather MacAllister (2**)

20. Husband By Contract (Husbands And Wives) (Harlequin Presents, No 1934) by Helen Brooks (3***)

21. The Bedroom Business (Harlequin Presents No. 2159 (Passion) by Sandra Marton (5*****)

22. The Veranchetti Marriage (Lynne Graham Collection, #1) by Lynne Graham (4****)

23. Girls' Guide to Flirting with Danger (Presents Extra) by Kimberly Lang (5*****)

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

You're on a roll, Lisa. The Bedroom Business is one of all time faves by Sandra Marton.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments It's one of my favorite,too. I reread it too many time, the pages are falling apart. I needs to order another copy.

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 24. The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage) (Harlequin Presents, #2224) by Michelle Reid (5*****)

25. The Man Who Could Never Love (Presents Extra) by Kate Hewitt (5*****)

26) The Heir from Nowhere (Harlequin Presents) by Trish Morey (5*****)

message 16: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Did you really like these last three books that much? I did not read the first or third book because I didn't like the premise of the books but if they were surprisingly good, I may try out. Sometimes the summary in the back doesn't necessarily do a fair job of describing the actual story. The second one I don't think I have seen before but I will have to check out as I like Kelly Hunter's books. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I'm looking forward to reading The Man Who Could Never Love. It sounds good.

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Lululemon wrote: "Did you really like these last three books that much? I did not read the first or third book because I didn't like the premise of the books but if they were surprisingly good, I may try out. Some..."

I really like Bellini Bride. It's been in my bookcase forever. Books 2 and 3 is not out until June. I like book 2 b/c the hero wishes to marry a traditional wife and chose a heroine who described as sturdy, plain and has a full figure. Book 3: the hero and late wife was trying to have a baby, the heroine was divorced and found out there's an mix up at the IVF clinc. Now the heroine is carrying the hero and late wife's baby.

message 19: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Lululemon wrote: "Did you really like these last three books that much? I did not read the first or third book because I didn't like the premise of the books but if they were surprisingly good, I ..."

Thanks Lisa! I'll have to check out the Bellini Bride.

message 20: by Lisa (last edited Apr 01, 2011 06:07PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 27) The Inherited Bride by Maisey Yates (4****)

28) A Solitary Heart (Harlequin Presents, No 1635) by Amanda Carpenter (3****)

29) The Secret She Can't Hide by India Grey (4****)

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 30. The Rogue Wedding Guest (Presents Extra) by Ally Blake (3***)

31. Her Bad, Bad Boss by Nicola Marsh (3***)

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments read in April

32. At The Spanish Duke's Command (Harlequin Presents) by Fiona Hood-Stewart (4****)

33. Count Toussaint's Baby (Harlequin Presents) by Kate Hewitt (4****)

34. The Infamous Italian's Secret Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2893) by Carole Mortimer (3***)

35. Explosive Meeting by Charlotte Lamb (5*****)

36. The Loving Trap (Harlequin Presents, #506) by Daphne Clair (4****)

37. Phantom Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #591) by Penny Jordan (5*****)

38. A Rose from Lucifer (Harlequin Presents) by Anne Hampson (4****)

39. Haunted Dreams (Sins) (Harlequin Presents, No. 1828) by Charlotte Lamb (3***)

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Read in May

40. Not For Sale (Harlequin Presents) by Sandra Marton (4****)

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 244 comments Lisa wrote: "Read in May

40.Not For Sale (Harlequin Presents) by Sandra Marton(4****)"

Oh, 4 stars! Great, I have that one!

message 25: by Sam (last edited Jun 04, 2011 04:26AM) (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments read all these books 2 days back.. really enjoyed them..
Phantom Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #591) by Penny Jordan
4 stars very nice
Master of Pleasure (Harlequin Presents #2571) by Penny Jordan
4.5 stars really enjoyed it...
The Caged Tiger (Harlequin Presents, #519) by Penny Jordan
4 stars.. nice..
Beware the Beast by Anne Mather (3 stars)
Shades Of Twilight by Linda Howard (4 stars)

message 26: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
That's a lot of HP reading in such a short time!

message 27: by Sam (last edited Jun 04, 2011 01:07PM) (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments hmm.. i usually take 2 or 3 hrs to complete any harlequin or mills and boon..
hate to keep any book pending.. cant wait to finish a book once i start.. if i am free i finish 4 books a day.. just love reading.. cant stop..

have read most of the harlequins suggested on this page... can anyone suggest some more nice harlequins.. ? dont have any more books to read..

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Hey Sam, you should start your own reading thread to keep up with your reading. What kind of story do you want to read?

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments well mostly harlequins and mills & boon.. how do we start ur own reading thread?...

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

On the homepage scroll down to 2011 Harlequin Presents Reading and click on it. Then click on where it says start new topic.

Then put what you want to call the thread under title and post comments like you normally do.

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Read in May

40.Not For Sale (Harlequin Presents) by Sandra Marton(4****)"

Oh, 4 stars! Great, I have that one!"

Sandra Marton is one of my favorite author. I have almost all her books.

message 32: by Lisa (last edited Jun 05, 2011 04:57PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Wow, at first i thought i was in a wrong reading thread.

message 33: by Lisa (last edited Jun 05, 2011 04:54PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments this is what i read in may.

41. The Millionaire's Mistress (Passion, #3) (Harlequin Presents, #2026)  by Miranda Lee (5*****)

42. Innocent Wife, Baby Of Shame (Harlequin Presents) by Melanie Milburne (3***)

43. Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant by Carol Marinelli (4****)

44. Reckless Night in Rio (Mills & Boon Modern) by Jennie Lucas (4****)

45. Bride In Blue (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, No 1811) by Miranda Lee (3***)

message 34: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Jun 06, 2011 11:14AM) (new)

Ladies, I'm sure that Lisa doesn't mind comments on what she's reading, but out of respect for her thread, lets try to keep thoughts about your reading on your own thread or on a what are you reading right now thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments oh, I don't mind if they wants to post on my thread.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That's cool, Lisa. I just think it's courteous to use their own thread to post their reading.

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 46. Beauty and the Greek (Harlequin Presents #2984) by Kim Lawrence (4****)

message 38: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 47. The Forbidden Wife (Harlequin Presents #2995) by Sharon Kendrick (2**)

message 39: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Lisa, did not like The Forbidden Wife either, found it kind of creepy, and the age diff sorta creeped me out, mind you I like older man younger woman books, but the H just did not do it for me in this one, what was your take on this book if you don't mind me asking

message 40: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Actually, i don't like this book b/c the H cheated on his wife with the h while the wife is in a coma. H didn't even tell the h until h found out from a housekeeper at the end. i throw this book away after i read it.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

(mental note to put book in the trade pile) Thanks for the warning, Lisa!

message 42: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments yeah, did not like that part too!!! don't like cheaters of either sex.

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "(mental note to put book in the trade pile) Thanks for the warning, Lisa!"

you're welcome

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments 48. A Dark Sicilian Secret (Mills & Boon Modern) by Jane Porter (4****) This book it made me cried a couple of time.

message 45: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Wow Lisa, this sounds good, would not mind some spoilers.

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments spoilers: H was everything the h wanted until she found out that H is from a powerful Mafia Clan. h disappeared and fount out she's prenant. H trying to found the h when one of his employee bump into the h on the street. h found out that the H's father was shot b/c the family wanted out of the Mafia. so both H and h's family are Mafia except H's family is got out of the mafia bussines and h's father is a backstabbing bastard. now every bad guys is looking for the father and kill the h's younger sister instead.
the H has been in love with the h almost from the begining and wants h to be his wife. there's a couple of very emotional part or maybe it's me. i'm a very emotional person.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That sounds good, Lisa!

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Yes it's a very good book. My cousin and friends just finished this book. They said it was very good,too. Now we have to decide which book we are gonna read for our next book club discussion.

message 49: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That's cool that you have a book discussion with your cousin and friends, Lisa.

message 50: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 244 comments I've tried to get me cousins and sisters-in-law to join GoodReads - they are not interested. I think this is b/c they think it is like Facebook, no matter what I tell them.

« previous 1 3