Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

This is how selfish I am!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 97 comments I just read Richelle Mead's blog and found out shes having a baby! Im so happy and excited for her! But there is this selfish side of me that is now worrying that this is going to slow down her writing! : ( Authors aren't suppose to have lives too! They should write all the books I love 24/7, 365! If she wanted a baby she shouldve made Rose and Dimitri have a baby and live vicariously through them! lol Soooo selfish!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan LOL Rebecca!!

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments hahaha that made me giggle

message 4: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling (wendydarling) | 193 comments Hah! :)

message 5: by S.S. (new)

S.S. (ssrice) | 75 comments LOL.

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) | 349 comments I find that interesting. Lisa Mantchev, author of the Theatre Illuminata series has 2 children and she's currently writing/editing book 3 of the series. :) i think she'll still be able to write.

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 484 comments I think Sarah Dessen has a little one and she has a ton of books and more coming

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2011 06:15AM) (new)

Wow, Rebecca, an interesting take on the lives of authors. Yes, we manage to do it all, have kids,a husband, write, eat, sleep - well maybe not sleep, not when characters and stories must be told. :D

And if I lived vicariously through my characters - oh, wait I do! Of course bouncing between mortal and immortal is rather exhausting. Then of course, I write in 3rd person omniscience - so throw in a god-like aspect. lol

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 97 comments I know she's still going to continue to write! I was just joking! Of course there are tons of authors that have families and still write!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, you couldn't tell I was speaking tongue in cheek? Of course having tongue in cheek does garble words. LOL

message 11: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd | 415 comments Now we know where the plot of books like Misery by Stephen King come from. :P

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan hahahaha

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellezink) | 168 comments Aw, congrats to Richelle!

And as a single mom of FOUR kids ages 11-18, I can tell you that I'm sure you'll still get lots of great stories from Richelle! I write 2-3 books a year (even when my publishing contract prohibits the selling of them until a certain time) no matter what. This year I have the final book in the Prophecy Trilogy coming out plus a story in an anthology plus getting ready for an early 2012 release of the first book in my new series. Writing is my crack, and I think that's true for MOST writers.

But your comment made me giggle!

Wishing you TONS more great books from Richelle...
<3

MZ

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Misery (other topics)