Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What Kind of Watch Do You Wear?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments If you don't wear a watch, why not?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

My last watch was stolen. I had stupidly left in in my car because the band was broken. It was a very expensive watch. Since then I haven't felt the need to replace it as I usually have my phone with me. I'm not big on jewellery and accessories. Watches have become an unnecessary accessory.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I haven't worn one for years. My phone has one, my car has one, my computer has one, they're everywhere at work.

message 4: by Aynge (last edited Feb 13, 2011 10:08AM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I wear an analog Timex with the day/date feature, and Indiglo. It has a white face with Roman numerals and a silver case and a brown leather strap. It goes with everything, and it only cost me $20. It's about 10 years old. I do have a few other watches, but I hardly ever wear them.

I suppose if I could keep track of my cell phone, I wouldn't have to wear it. I don't always have my iPod either, so I defintely have to wear a watch.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Aynge wrote: "If you don't wear a watch, why not?"

I don't wear jewelry at all unless it's a special event. I don't even wear my wedding ring.

message 6: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Bun, clearly you are magnetic. :)

I have a Timex that was a graduation gift around here somewhere, but it hasn't had a battery in a couple of decades. I don't wear a watch because there are five clocks in our office, one in my car, one on my cell phone and one on every computer, and that's too many!

Old saying: "A man with one clock always knows what time it is. A man with two is never sure."

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24153 comments Mod
I always have a watch on unless I'm showering. I have a Coach, a Seiko, a Nautica, a Skagen, and an Armitron, plus an heirloomish watch that belonged to my grandmother. I have to have a leather band, and I replace the band when each one wears out (except the Armitron, which has a rubber band and which I bought at Target because I was worried my Seiko was going to fall off my arm). I like a small face. I like tank or round, and as flat as possible. If I really love the watch, and it dies on me, I'll have the whole internal movement replaced.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments tee-riffic! i LOVE watches. i have several watches. my fav is a seiko coutura world timer. second is my steiger german dive watch. huge hockey puck size face and a blue band. timex F1. timex adventurer. a cool fake tag i bought in china. i wear a rubber banded all weather timex for work. i have some other watches too

message 9: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I've been eyeing a Citizen Eco Drive Tank watch for years. Apparently it runs on kinetic energy. But I haven't been able to justify the $200 price tag.

I remember when I was in junior high school, those phases-of-the-moon watches were all the rage. I got one and promptly broke it. Then I got a Swatch and broke that too. That was fifty bucks down the drain. I've never broken my Timex though, even though it gets banged around a lot.

message 10: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I haven't worn a watch in years. I decided to free myself from focusing on the time, so I ditched it. There are clocks everywhere and I'm not sure if I accomplished anything. Time marches on, just not on my wrist.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments aynge - YES! [chanting] eco-drive eco-drive eco drive

my dream watch is an Oris F1 but i'll prob get a nixon watch next

message 12: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I'd pick the Oris Big Crown Complication. WOW.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24153 comments Mod
I've noticed a lot of people not wearing watches, and these are the same people who are always asking me what time it is.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like watches and i also like not having to dig my phone outta my pocket to see what time it is. for people that say "i'm not constrained by time" you must either be independently wealthy or have no where to go

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I don't go for bling that much -- but back when I used to make more money, I bought an Omega Seamaster. I have gotten quite attached to it -- though it can be a pain to keep it running, since it's self-winding and stops if I don't wear it or wind it for a couple of days.

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't go for "bling" at all. no fancy jewelry watches for me. i would never wear a dress watch. never own a rolex. plenty of other cooler watches than that. the seamaster is a good watch. i go for over-sized face watches or functional watches.

message 18: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments I have 3 all silver. One has the band made of elephants, one is like a bangle bracelet, the other is just plane silver. I have 1 Mickey & 1 Goofy that do not have bands right now, & 1 more silver watch ordered. Don't really like gold. The elephant one is from Cato the others are from Avon. The 2 without bands are everyday Timex's that also need batteries. I wear one of them almost everyday. I like small faces & normal numbers. Does anyone remember when Fossils were the next big thing? Had one it got a broken face, that ended that. I left one of my Timex's in the pocket of my jeans once, i washed & dried it. They really mean it when they say "A Timex takes a beaten & keeps on ticking". Mine sure as heck did!

message 19: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I haven't washed my Timex, yet. But being a roughneck, I've definitely abused it. I can't believe I haven't cracked the glass at least. But I have replaced the strap more often than I've replaced the batteries.

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments Yeah for some reason a Timex watch it's self last forever, but the strap not so much. I just noticed today that the crystal on my bangle watch is cracked. What a pisser!

message 21: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 201 comments Aynge wrote: "If you don't wear a watch, why not?"

I love the idea of wearing a Timex but they always look a bit odd with my awkward wrists. And plus things can get a bit messy sometimes when my hands are in someone's stage IV pressure ulcer or poo. I deal with a lot of poo at work. I'm quite satisfied with my $10 no-name watch with rubber, waterproof straps in different colors to match my scrubs! I only need my watch to count respirations and heart rates, for everything else time is written on the computer screen, wall clocks, tvs, blackberry etc.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments For all the crap, no pun intended, you have to do, you deserve a good watch!

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Which Lori is this? Jake's momma?

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hanna - if you have your hand on my spleen i think i want you to have a reliable watch

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments No i'm not Jakes mom. I've just been gone for a time.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I think we've all been gone a long time.

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments LMAO

message 28: by Malcolm (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) A silver Ben Sherman