NOOKBOARDS discussion

Hey nookers!

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) *shameful self-promotion* Check out my nook blog!
http://www.justnookingaround.blogspot...

:)

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments Jenn, I like your blog looks good.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Thanks! Now if I could just get off here and finish another book to add another review haha.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan (megg_reads) | 4 comments Love the Nookin' blog!!!! haha

*pssttt* check mine out too yall *looks around sheepishly*

acoverlover.com

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Ha! I already have your button on mine. It looks great btw!

message 6: by Linda (last edited Feb 14, 2011 11:40AM) (new)

Linda Ash | 7 comments Hi Jennifer! You have a great blog!! And Megan, you, too!!

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) I've taken a look, too!

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (megg_reads) | 4 comments Woo hoo! Thanks Jenn

message 9: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Hi Jennifer, Love your blog. Thanks for sharing. I read The passage and enjoyed it, It's not one of my usual type of reads but I read it with a group and was glad I did afterwards. Haven't decided if I'll read the sequel when it comes out.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Thanks! I'll definitely be reading the sequel when it comes out...whenever that is LOL.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments Ok I did it. April talked me into it. I made a blog it is still in the works but this is what it looks like so far.

http://justnookit.blogspot.com/

Megan and Jen I snagged your button to display on my page.

You both have awesome looking blogs.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Yay!

message 13: by Linda (new)

Linda Ash | 7 comments Ooh, your blog is beautiful, Theresa!

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments Thank you.

message 15: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Your blog is great. Maybe someday I'll give doing one a try.

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Nilles (amsaph) Very nice, Theresa. Jenn has a great blog too. I wish I knew how to customize mine like that. Alas, all I know about Wordpress are a few simple things in the dashboard.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Thanks! But don't let me fool you...I just used premade templates LOL!

message 18: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments Hey Melanie those premade templates are great. I used them also.

message 19: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments Hey guys! I have been MIA for a while. I started a new job and have been staying crazy busy. But...I just had to chime in and share...
I started a blog as well. I did a review for M-Edge and they just contacted me about them sending me more products for me to review. *highfives*. So I figured I'd at least create a place to feature them.

Here's my blog link: http://crystalsoddities.blogspot.com/

It's not going to be a specific focused blog, more like my randomthings blog. But I already love it.
Jenn and Megan, I have already started following ya'lls and added buttons to you from me. Theresa, I didn't realize you had a blog as well, so I will do the same for you.

Ah I'm so excited. Ok, I'm done now. Happy blogging ladies! =)

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (bibliotog) Crystal, I love it! I added your button to mine. :)

message 21: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments Hi Crystal. I added your button to my blog and also became a follower.

message 22: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Crystal I loved your blog and video. I already checked out the skins and I can't decide between 5 of them. I was thinking I might end up with getting 2 that way I can change them. Anyway reason I wouldn't And also I have the quote cover. I never thought about doing the hair elastic so thank you for that idea. also I bought one of those elastic book marks that have a quote and snaps into each other. Well I have it going along the cover from top to bottom. I could probably use that to keep it close too. But my only complaint on the cover is I found it was getting a dent almost in the middle of it. It's not straight like it used to be and I don't know why it's doing it. I got tired of it and because it didn't stay close I ended up switching back to my original cover. But that is boring beige that has the elastic to keep it closed. I would love to get a oberon cover. Also another thing you might want to check out. The guy in B&N gave me the idea. So I'll pass it on to you. The canvas zipped regular book covered tht they have in black I believe. It has a handle along the one size. and a zippered compartment in the front. It's good if you want to put your whole nook with light plus any other things in it. I have a very think notebook and in the zippered area I keep my gift cards and a pen. It's good as a extra case to have it in I was using a cloth bag with a drawstring but then got this idea and liked it better because of what you can store in it besides the nook. I'll let you know which of the skins if any I decide on. I'm getting offline now and having dinner than will come back and go though my final picks again. The only question I have on it what about still using the arrows to turn pages. Can you still do that or do that?

message 23: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Okay I knocked off Cosmic flowers for the time being, Mary Jane (on page 4).

and I'm still deciding about I am yours (page 6),
Sweet blue (page 2)
or Peacock feathers (page 4).
Most likely I'l end up with the last one and one of the other's but can't decide which. Sweet blue or I am yours. I figure I'll get one with flowers. there is more on the sweet blue one that would show on the front of the nook where I am yours it would be mostly the pink colors. This is so hard. I would never have thought of getting a skin. Okay I won't do anything tonight. So which one of the two should I go with.

message 24: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo I think I solved the problem. I'm getting I am yours for my macbook since that is white and I'm tired of it. Hope it works out well having a skin for it. And I still get the other two for the nook and decide which I'll use first when I get it. That way I get the super shipping special.

message 25: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 3 comments Donnajo - Sorry for not getting back on here sooner, been busy. Glad to hear you made a decision though! Definitely take some pics and share your results with us. =)

Also in reference to your questions about whether or not you can still use the arrows to turn pages...What cover are you asking about? Or are you talking about skins covering the arrows? If your talking about skins, your arrow buttons will still work just fine. Infact, they put little arrows where the buttons are so you can see where they are. And you can still feel the little raised bumps indicating the turn buttons.
Does that answer your question?

message 26: by Donnajo (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:41AM) (new)

Donnajo Crystal, Yes I'm asking with the skins. So you answered my questions. I might have more when the skins. I figured if I like them enough for the nook and the mac I might branch out and get them for my ipod touch or my first ipod. The only problem we had with my macbook one I had a hard time figuring when I talked to the guy at decal girl which version I had. But it turned out to be the orignal. I would have said the white version but he said the white one the difference is the touchpad is where you also click. where the original has the touchpad plus a button to click. And this I didn't know after a year of 1 to 1 apple classes (ha only went 17 times).
I'm hoping in the spring to go to the B&N nook class since I never did that.
Oh I should mention I'm on facebook so I'm always putting up pictures there if anyone wants to friend me. It's Donna Jo Panzardo

message 27: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Got the decals today in the mail but put them aside because I wait to get the new cover yet and then I'll decide which one to use first. And I think It might be a good idea to have someone help me when I put the one of the mac. It might need 2 people to do to get it placed right.

message 28: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Haven't done anything with the skins yet and yesterday I got my new oberon cover love it. Now I'm trying to decide which of the skins would look better with it. Probably the peacock one. Since it's more colorful.
This board sure is quiet.

message 29: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Okay I still haven't put the skins on my nook or mac. And I'm still getting used to my oberon cover.

message 30: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Raymer | 13 comments I don't have any skins on my nook. I just keep my nook in the Javoedge cover.

message 31: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo well the skins I got don't really match my oberon cover I'm using on the nook. Then I wonder too now I have the skins what if you decide to take them off after awhile does it leave the nook or the laptop sticky I was wondering.

message 32: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) That's a good question, I also have a skin, but have not put it on my Nook. I bought the Library skin and I think I need a brown cover, but I don't have a brown cover yet. So my Nook continues to be naked.

message 33: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo I would hate to have a sticky nook or mac if I decide I was tired of the skin.