Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Have you ever been a member of any official fan club?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments When I was fourteen I paid the dollar to join the official Rocky Horror Picture Show fan club while standing in line for a screening one cold winter's evening.
I think that's the only official one I ever joined. FB groups do not count, of course. I'm talking membership cards, mimeographed newsletters, etc...

message 2: by Jammies (new)

Jammies No, but if you pay me $1, you may join the unofficial Jammies Fan Club. :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I was in a Star Trek club, but we were a service organization, not a fan club.
We did fundraisers for local charities, beach clean-ups, answered the phones at the tv station during the PBS fund-drives (in uniform), and promoted the library.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I love that there are Star Trek service organizations.

A Star Trek fan testified in the Maryland same sex marriage hearings this week that he was concerned it would lead to marriage to androids. He was speaking for the anti-marriage side, but I have a feeling it was subterfuge, since I haven't known many bigoted Star Trek fans.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Jammies wrote: "No, but if you pay me $1, you may join the unofficial Jammies Fan Club. :)"

Do you take credit cards?

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Chicago Cubs Fan Club since 1968.

Yes it has been a long and tiring association.

message 7: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments No. But if there had been a Calvin & Hobbes Fan Club, I definitely would have joined that. I couldn't even get a C&H coffee mug.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I love that there are Star Trek service organizations.

A Star Trek fan testified in the Maryland same sex marriage hearings this week that he was concerned it would lead to marriage to androids. ..."

I'm all for androids getting married. On what basis could this be denied them?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24258 comments Mod
That's a slippery slope. What happens if androids want to marry pigs? Or your shoe wants to marry your toilet brush? Or as George Will has worried, threesomes?

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments No, but I've been told I was a member of a polyamorous group.

message 11: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Jim wrote: "Jammies wrote: "No, but if you pay me $1, you may join the unofficial Jammies Fan Club. :)"

Do you take credit cards?"

No, but I do accept Paypal!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you accept Aussie Dollars Jammies?

P.S. they are worth more than the USD at the moment.

message 13: by Jammies (last edited Feb 11, 2011 08:42PM) (new)

Jammies Yes please, Gail!

P.S. They're always prettier than the USD.