Christian Romance Readers discussion

Who is your favorite Christian Romance Author?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton Just wondering. I really love Dee Henderson. Her O'Malley series is wonderful.

message 2: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments Andrea wrote: "Just wondering. I really love Dee Henderson. Her O'Malley series is wonderful."

Wanda Brunstetter. Love her books.

message 3: by Karina (new)

Karina Harris (karinabharris) | 3 comments I am realizing that my field of vision was much narrower than I thought! Since becoming a blogger for various companies, I have discovered there are many great Christian authors out there!
I recently read Kristin Heitzmann's "Indivisible" (courtesy of Waterbrook/Multnomah) and loved it so much I went out and bought two more of her books! But I can't say I have a favorite CR author yet:)

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Hart Hey, I'm new to this group and I've only been reading Christian Romance for about a year, but I'm quickly becoming addicted. I can't believe how many authors there are in this genre! My very first Christian Romance was Catching Katie by Robin Lee Hatcher. I was skeptical at first(I only read mysteries and I wasn't interested in mushy romance)but as soon as I started reading I couldn't put it down. There's so much more than just "mushy romance" in most books. My favorite authors are Robin Lee Hatcher, Tracie Peterson, and Deeanne Gist.

My best friend actually recommended the O'Malley series to me and I have the first of the series but I haven't read it yet. Glad to hear someone else like's it too!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (princessmg) The O'Malley series is AWESOME!!! They are some of my most favorite books. I have several favorite writers. Karen Kingsbury is my top favorite but I also love Janice Hanna Thompson, Lori Wick, Dee Henderson, Tamara Alexander and Christine Lynxweiler.

There's a prequel to the O'Malley's called Danger In The Shadows fyi. =)

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton That was one of the first books I picked up on my Kindle when I got it. I think I am going to go back and re-read the series.

message 7: by Lady Day (new)

Lady Day (ladyday) Melissa
One of my favorites is Karen Kinsgbury as well. I've read all of books(stand-alone and series) with the exception of Bailey Flanigan series, which I purchased today.I enjoy the fact that Karen's books include romance, but also focuses on additional aspects of the storyline.I became hooked on her titles so quickly.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (princessmg) Angela wrote: "Melissa
One of my favorites is Karen Kinsgbury as well. I've read all of books(stand-alone and series) with the exception of Bailey Flanigan series, which I purchased today.I enjoy the fact that ..."

Andrea,
I did as well. My best friend Amy and I discovered Karen's books in the summer of 2005 and quickly devoured everything she had written to that point over the next couple of months. Now I always pre-order any new book she has because I know it will be awesome!! =)

message 9: by Lady Day (new)

Lady Day (ladyday) Hi Melissa
Did you read Dandelion Dust or see the movie?

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (princessmg) I've read the book and I have the movie but I haven't watched it yet...the book was good. =)

message 11: by Makay (new)

Makay  Mitze (simplymakay) | 4 comments Francine Rivers and Deeanne Gist! Love them!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie Hart Melissa wrote: "The O'Malley series is AWESOME!!! They are some of my most favorite books. I have several favorite writers. Karen Kingsbury is my top favorite but I also love Janice Hanna Thompson, Lori Wick, Dee ..."

So I just finished "Danger in the Shadows" (The prequel to the O'Malley series) and I loved it! I read it in like 5 days...couldn't put it down! The only thing I didn't like was the two main climatic scenes with the kidnapper were so short. It was just a couple paragraphs and then they were over. Felt a little anticlimatic after all the suspense. But I still really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the rest of the series!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

My Favorite author would have to be Carla Capshaw. I have read all of her books and can't get enough of them i have re-read the gladiator at least 6 times. I highly recommend all of her books though the gladiator series is definately the best.

message 14: by Candy (new)

Candy Little (candy-ann) | 1 comments I love Dee Henderson, Francine Rivers and Robin Lee Hatcher!! Karen Kingsbury is okay but I hate the series. I read 3 books and the couple still weren't together. I never did finish the other two. I'd rather read the O'Malley series where each storyline is a stand alone and and the couple are together by the end. Then in the next book it deals with another couple. One of my problems with Christian romance is no passion!! And the whole town goes to church and everyone says and does the right thing. Maybe it's really like that in families were they grew up with generations going to church, but I'm from a non-christian home and I find that kind of life unbelieveable. I also get tired of reading about the amish and other religous sects. Thankfully the publishing world is changing that with some of these more "real life" authors!!

message 15: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Rogers (feliciarogers) | 11 comments I agree with Candy-ann! I totally Dee Henderson and Francine Rivers. I've yet to read Robin Hatcher but maybe I should. :) My favorite Rivers series is the Mark of the Lion series. Her personal story of turning from secular writing to inspirational is extremely "inspirational". :)

Cat *living for the One who breaths life into me* | 1 comments Francine Rivers. but there are so many wonderful writers out there :)

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 6 comments My top favorite is Robin Jones Gunn. She is the first Christian author I read. I found her Christy Miller series when I was on a YA reading kick about six years ago. I was hooked and now have read about 48 of her books. My other favorites include Janice Hanna Thompson, Jan Karon, Jillian Hart, Megan DiMaria, Deborah Vogt, Victoria Bylin, Loree Lough and Anita Higman. I am also especially fond of Steeple Hill Love Inspired Romance.

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 6 comments I also enjoy reading Janet Tronstad, Irene Hannon, Irene Brand, Lois Richer, Arlene James and Camy Tang.

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen (ksketch) | 1 comments My fav is Dee Henderson. I have read Tracie Peterson, Lori Wick, Robin Jones Gunn and Deeanne Gist, I will have to check out some of the authors I have not heard of.

message 20: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 6 comments Karen, I had not heard of a lot of these authors either, until I started asking around at my church librarian group. Love Inspired has a wonderful group of authors. Some of them write for other publishers as well. Other good authors I forgot to mention include Rachelle McCalla, Marta Perry, Melody Carlson, Judy Baez, Jane Orcutt, Carrie Turansky, K. D. Hays, Nancy Mehl, Cheryl Wyatt, Margaret Daley, Linda Goodnight, Gail Gaymer Martin, Brenda Minton, Debra Clopton, Janette Oke, T. Davis Bunn, Patricia Davis, Tish Davis, Wanda Brunstetter, Stephanie Grace Whitson. Good series include Love Inspired, Heartsong Presents, Heartsong Novellas, Love Finds You, Romancing America, Love Inspired Historical, Love Inspired Suspense. Christian Romance is a growing field, with contemporary, amish, historical and suspense titles coming out on a regular basis. My library shelves are overflowing :)

message 21: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 6 comments Opps,Patricia's name is Davids, not Davis.

message 22: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Susan May Warren is my all-time favorite author and I'm slowly working my way to owning all of her books! But right after her comes Dee Henderson, Ronie Kendig, Irene Hannon, Mary Connealy, Cathy Marie Hake, and Lisa T. Bergren just to name a few!