Ayn Rand fans discussion

Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (BojiGirl) | 1 comments I just finished Anthem, and I loved it so much! It's amazing that so much feeling can be packed into its few pages. A quick, short read, that is interestingly written.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (Kruzad3r) | 2 comments Anthem is a great, very basic look at Ayn Rand's philosophy. I am just pages away from finishing Atlas Shrugged and it really goes more in depth about her viewpoints. I lot of the values in Atlas Shrugged are values that I've had for years and Atlas Shrugged really helped me add them all together and give me direction.

After Atlas Shrugged I plan on reading The Fountainhead.

message 3: by Todd (new)

Todd Kinsey | 1 comments I've read everything the incomparable Mrs. Rand has published including her nonfiction works. My favorite book is We The Living where she bases it on her experience of growing up during the communist takeover of Russia. One can't help draw parallels to what's happening in America but I guess you could say that about all her books.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2 comments Loved Anthem! Loved it Loved it Loved it!!! I loved how she wrote everything in the perspective of the collective rather than an individual. I loved how she showed the audience the result of extreme collectivism. Her writing is amazing. I just finished 'We the Living' that one depressed me. I think it was meant to do that. What did you all think of 'We The Living?'

message 5: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Mcdowell | 1 comments Agreed with everybody: loved anthem. That was first I actually read of the great ayn rand. I thought the book had a lot to say about the dangers of society conforming and following blindly. I've been meaning to read everything else she wrote. "The night of January the 16th" was a great play.